Spyder Garage

Default Info on Sena smh10-10 Blue tooth intercom

I would like to hear from some of the back seat riders on the Sena smh-10-10 headsets. How are they are for clarity, wind noise and such.
    Looking to maybe getting some.

Spyder Garage

Default TBA

I will get back with you in a few days and let you know. I just installed mine last night. The wife and I have conflicting work schedules for he next few days, maybe after that I can give you an assessment.

Spyder Garage

The wife and I have been running SMH_10 headsets for several years. We have used them as driver/passenger and as two drivers separate bikes. We have had no real problems either way but there is some wind noise, mainly 2 up when she has the face shield up. No other issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KosherKid View Post
    The wife and I have been running SMH_10 headsets for several years. We have used them as driver/passenger and as two drivers separate bikes. We have had no real problems either way but there is some wind noise, mainly 2 up when she has the face shield up. No other issues.
    Wife and I have had same experience as above.

Spyder Garage

We are very pleased with our SMH-10 sets. Have used them since 2012. Previously, I used CARDO (SCALA), Nolan N-Com, and Chatterbox. Neither perform as well as the SENA.

: No wind noise compared to the others. We have NOLAN N 40 helmets.
    : Can leave the channel open--as in no need to make a noise to communicate with passenger or other bike.
    : When charged, the batteries always last more than a day.
    : Broadcast distance (for us in AK) is about a half mile--bike to bike.

Mine are old now, but I am thinking another year.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Border Rider

Quote Originally Posted by WVFoxtrotter View Post
    Wife and I have had same experience as above.
    We have the 3/4 open face helmets with the drop down sun shields. Alwys use sun glasses, so this could be an issue??
    w

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Border Rider View Post
    We have the 3/4 open face helmets with the drop down sun shields. Alwys use sun glasses, so this could be an issue??
    w
    I believe there is a shield you can snap on the mic's front side to cut down on some of the wind noise.It's been awhile since we installed ours.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Back in 4/15 when we entered the Spyder World, the dealer installed the SENA SMH-10 to our G-MAX helmets. The "brains" were mounted on one side of the helmet, and the microphone on the other side. We had issues with the microphone "falling off" with this setup. I also believe the wind noise was an issue too.
    Last month we replaced our old(2011) G-MAX helmets with Bell MAG 9s that are specifically designed for the SMH-10 communicator. Had to buy new clamp kits. This puts everything on one side of the helmet, and the "brains" are recessed into the helmet. A much cleaner looking setup. The new microphone is much smaller and came with a wind block snap on. Looking forward to giving this helmet a road test. Only if the temps would cooperate.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We had the SMH-10 units for years. They are a solid and well working set. We recently upgraded to the 20s for the better range bike to bike.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We have used rhe SMH 10 for a number of years; both driver to aaa get and bike to bike with no trouble.quieter than others and the battery life is great. Much easier that adding a wired intercom.

Spyder Garage

Default Took me a while!

Well I told you I would tell you how they are a few weeks ago. We finally got some ride time and they are just awesome. They sound better that any we have ever owned for the Goldwing or the Harley hard wired ones. The wind noise at 70 MPH is practically non existent. People cant tell when we are on the bike when I used the phone. I, and the wife give them 4 thumbs up!

Spyder Garage

I used the SMH 10 for years, Border Rider.....they are brilliant for pillion/rider comms. I only moved to uClear because I have a strong dislike of boom microphones (I somehow manage to twist the boom when taking my helmet off, and it sticks up my nose or tries to take my eye out when I put my helmet back on.....just dopey, I guess), and the twin uClear mics mounted above your eyebrows are discreet and work brilliantly. If there was a Sena SMH model that had a boomless mic I would still be with Sena as their unit is so much easier to operate with gloves than the uClear.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default SENA SMH-10

We've been running SMH-10's for about 5 years now. Will replace th battery wh n it goes because the setup just works. Swap the head unit between Aria and Bell Mag-9 helmets. Yes, there is a windsock and boom mic with the 3/4 helmet clamp kit. So far, the softWare has been upgrade able so no plans to change, unless someone gets a 10 C as a gift.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Spyder Garage

My wife and I have been using he SMH-10 snowmobiling the past three seasons and they work great.

My wife had it paired to her phone and listens to music all day while riding and the battey lasts all day even with temps below freezing.

Noise cancellation is also very good. I answered a call by accident while snowmobiling and the person could not tell I was on a sled.

When I bought my RT last year, I bought a Bell helmet that lets me use the SMH-10. I recommend them.

Spyder Garage

We have ours mounted in Bell Mag 9...I get an echo from the passenger into my headset...not sure what causes it...passenger does not get echo in the headset..wind noise only from cross wind...not from riding wind
    2014 RT Limited Midland CB...SR10, SM10,SMH10 duel...JB antenna

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The SENA SMH10-10 is a headset made for an open face helmet with a fixed boom mic.
    they work very well and if the foam mic cover is on and not removed the wind noise is nil.
    My wife has that unit in her helmet and says it is great and she can here me and her phone
    just fine, However..... that is an older headset and since the SMH units they have come out with
    the 10S & 20S that are a BIG improvement over the older SMH sets.
    Should you like more info and prices give me a call.
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Border Rider View Post
    I would like to hear from some of the back seat riders on the Sena smh-10-10 headsets. How are they are for clarity, wind noise and such.
    Looking to maybe getting some.