Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default update on F3T and Limited

Hello there,
    We have had alot of questions about our luggage rack for the F3 and whether or not it will fit the F3T and Limited. The answer is YES, we have made slight modifications to it which allows it to fit these models. The price is the same as the other luggage rack and we offer a 100% satisfactory guarantee on this. If you buy it get it and do not like it for whatever reason we will provide you with a full refund as long as there is NO damage to the product being returned.
    Also we have been receiving lots of orders for the NEW handwings for the F3T and Limited. We haven't heard of any negative reviews on them yet. If you have any problems feel free to let us know. We can't make our product better if we aren't aware there are any issues. And if you are satisfied with them spread the word Thank you from all at Baker Built. Visit us online at www.bakerbuilt.com or phone us at 1-800-451-9464.
    .IMG_2317 - Copy.jpgIMG_2340 - Copy.jpgIMG_2091.jpgIMG_2087.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will the rack and passenger back rest go on at the same time ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default backrest luggage rack

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Will the rack and passenger back rest go on at the same time ?
    We sell a backrest that mounts directly to the luggage rack for the passenger. The luggage rack will not work with a BRP backrest however. If you have any other questions give us a call at 1-800-451-9464.
    Thank You
    Baker Built.

Spyder Garage

Default F3-L handwings

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerbuilt View Post
    Hello there,
    We have had alot of questions about our luggage rack for the F3 and whether or not it will fit the F3T and Limited. The answer is YES, we have made slight modifications to it which allows it to fit these models. The price is the same as the other luggage rack and we offer a 100% satisfactory guarantee on this. If you buy it get it and do not like it for whatever reason we will provide you with a full refund as long as there is NO damage to the product being returned.
    Also we have been receiving lots of orders for the NEW handwings for the F3T and Limited. We haven't heard of any negative reviews on them yet. If you have any problems feel free to let us know. We can't make our product better if we aren't aware there are any issues. And if you are satisfied with them spread the word Thank you from all at Baker Built. Visit us online at www.bakerbuilt.com or phone us at 1-800-451-9464.
    I got the handwings last week for my F3-L and I love them! I couldn't imagine more air being blown at me but they actually do create more air movement when open. I guess it's more directed air so that's why it seems like there is more air. They block the air very effectively...longer riding season! I am very, very pleased with these! Thank you Baker Built!!!

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by AppleSpyder View Post
    I got the handwings last week for my F3-L and I love them! I couldn't imagine more air being blown at me but they actually do create more air movement when open. I guess it's more directed air so that's why it seems like there is more air. They block the air very effectively...longer riding season! I am very, very pleased with these! Thank you Baker Built!!!
    We appreciate your business and kind reviews. Thank you for letting us know how you like our product. Safe travels and enjoy.
    Baker Built

Spyder Garage

Default FT 3 luggage rack

Your products don't address the issue of BRP pillion back rest. Photo of my 2016... what don't I understand about a simple rack that will integrate with pillion back rest?

Hello there,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Me too, Bruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser37 View Post
    Your products don't address the issue of BRP pillion back rest. Photo of my 2016... what don't I understand about a simple rack that will integrate with pillion back rest?
    You left out the words "Semi permanent", BRP backrest, Bruiser. I actually tried to take it off the other day so I could install the Tricled LED brake light option, but even with every visible bolt released, it still clung on grimly.....doing some more research....I too would love to see a rack that works with the BRP adjustable backrest because The Chosen One has threatened to remove my left testicle if it is not left on the F3
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    You left out the words "Semi permanent", BRP backrest, Bruiser. I actually tried to take it off the other day so I could install the Tricled LED brake light option, but even with every visible bolt released, it still clung on grimly.....doing some more research....I too would love to see a rack that works with the BRP adjustable backrest because The Chosen One has threatened to remove my left testicle if it is not left on the F3
    The BRP backrest is a $%#$ to take off for sure. I found once the bolts are removed to move the backrest in a position that allows to remove one arm brace. Then you can remove the other side easily.
    Last edited by KJWEB; 10-17-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KJWEB View Post
    The BRP backrest is a $%#$ to take off for sure. I found once the bolts are removed to move the backrest in a position that allows to remove one arm brace. Then you can remove the other side easily.
    So is it just the 4 grab rail bolts that are holding it to the body, KJ? I took the right side grab bar bolts off, and undid the rear bolts holding the backrest to the arms so that the right arm was free and it still wouldn't slide/pull off easily.....and I didn't want to use too much force.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

So is it just the 4 grab rail bolts that are holding it to the body, KJ? I took the right side grab bar bolts off, and undid the rear bolts holding the backrest to the arms so that the right arm was free and it still wouldn't slide/pull off easily.....and I didn't want to use too much force.
    Remove the 4 bolts from the handrails, (2) on each side. Lay the handrails out of the way. They are held on with a rubber tab.
    tilt the backrest toward the back/front to a position you can pull one side of the backrest arm off. You will need to pull hard to get it of the bolt nipple but it will come off. I suggest you put a soft rag under the backrest brace that goes over the rear panel to keep from scratching it.

Let me know if this helps.

backrest.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KJWEB View Post
    Remove the 4 bolts from the handrails, (2) on each side. Lay the handrails out of the way. They are held on with a rubber tab. tilt the backrest toward the back/front to a position you can pull one side of the backrest arm off. You will need to pull hard to get it of the bolt nipple but it will come off. I suggest you put a soft rag under the backrest brace that goes over the rear panel to keep from scratching it. Let me know if this helps.backrest.jpg
    That will indeed help, KJ.. thanks very much...... it's all about knowing whether there is a hidden bolt somewhere. Like Lamont's instructions for taking the top panel off the F3.....knowing in advance it needs a tough pull and would make a horrible noise, made it soooooo much easier.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default F3 T Luggage Rack

I would like to see photos and hear comments from F3 T Spyder guys who have actually installed this luggage rack with BRP adjustable pillion back rest installed in place. What say you?
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default No....it won't work with BRP backrest

I would like to see photos and hear comments from F3 T Spyder guys who have actually installed this luggage rack with BRP adjustable pillion back rest installed in place. What say you?
    Bakerbuilt say in post #3 that their rack will NOT work with a BRP backrest, Bruiser.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/

Check out this rack, says it woks with a BRP backrest
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/

Check out this rack, says it woks with a BRP backrest
    Yeah, but it only works with the BRP quick release backrest, Retired. It doesn't work with the BRP adjustable, or your Smoothspyder backrest..
    Last edited by Peteoz; 12-15-2016 at 03:22 AM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

....I too would love to see a rack that works with the BRP adjustable backrest because The Chosen One has threatened to remove my left testicle if it is not left on the F3
    WTF?? Why would the Chosen One want your left testicle left on the F3?? In fact, what's it doing on the F3 in the first place - that she could even think of (not?) removing it from there?? Do those new tires make your F3 stop THAT well!?!

I just hadta do it!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-15-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Spyder Garage

we offer a 100% satisfactory guarantee on this.

You are obviously not from Corbin
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    You are obviously not from Corbin
    that's funny