Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting on BRP after three weeks?

Went to my local dealer a month ago to get new tires put on the front of my 2015 RTL. Was not happy. They acted like their was nothing wrong. This is 6200 miles after purchase of a new Spyder. All I got to say is Really? I even put the Spyder approved Kendras back on, OOPS! I have been waiting 3 weeks for BRP to call me now. I guess the BBB will take care of it from here. I am NOT an *******, but really 6200 miles and no help???

I guess let me know where I went wrong...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hard to say...

I get your not happy, guessing something went wrong with the front tires. The Kendas up front are really working well . I got 33,000 on my first set and doing well on the second so not seeing the oops part. Need to know more to comment on the BRP not getting back not knowing the problem. Dealer should have pushed them if it found a issue with he tires...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's obviously a whole lot more to this story...
    Please start at the beginning: what were you actually feeling, that made you unhappy?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never heard of a business refusing to sell something. Maybe they just really didn't think the tires needed to be replaced yet and we're saving you some money.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree with other posts

Lot more information needed...before I can give an opinion.

Spyder Garage

What exactly is it that you want or expect from BRP? Tires are warrantied by the tire maker, not by the vehicle manufacturer. Were your tires worn abnormally? What symptoms did you experience to prompt you to replace the tires? I have close to 20 K on my front OEM Kendas, and they still look great. I expect to get another 15 K or so out of them.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 10-28-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

We need more information to accurately assess the problem.

RE: Kendas on the front--my originals are still looking good at 24,000 miles. Out of about eight sets, I have only had one set go bad prematurely. That was because of poor alignment by the dealer.

We will wait for some more information.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-29-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

10/31/16

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I,m sure at a loss of what the problem is.28000 km on mine and still going good but starting to scalp.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

What, no reply from the original poster? Something is amiss here.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps it could have been...

Troll Bobbleheads.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Perhaps it could have been...

Troll Bobbleheads.jpg
    11/3 PM. Still no answer. Could be...

Cue Music: Rawhide...trollin, trollin, trollin...

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've got just the cure for this...

troll-spray_o_309907.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We've got just the cure for this...

troll-spray_o_309907.jpg
    Give me a break, go have some bacon and ice cream - He's been here since 2013 ..... that would give Him some sort of " Trolling Time Record " ...................jmho....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So where is he now?
    We get a rambling post with little useful information... and a plea for some help...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Give me a break, go have some bacon and ice cream - He's been here since 2013 ..... that would give Him some sort of " Trolling Time Record " ...................jmho....... Mike
    I am also open to giving an apology if and when it appears its necessary. I guess we should not speculate about a potential troll. Some of the symptoms have appeared, but we really don't know for sure.

Been around since 2013--that is a good sign. Unclear message in the post and does not appear to have returned????????

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I don't get it why the OP has not returned yet either. Maybe he (or she) found the answer on their own, and didn't feel the need to let everyone else know, but that is a personal choice. But, then again, 3 years ago after I started a thread - one like many others started - about 2013 heat issues, I was labeled a "troll" by another member of this forum. And that was just my first time posting anything on this forum. For the life of me, I did not know what that meant at the time, because I did not do social media then, SL was my first venture into the social media world. Now I know. Be careful about sticking a label on someone, because sometime someone may stick a label on you that you may not like.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The OP signed in here last evening at 11:54; yet didn't stop by to explain their problem any further...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What I don't understand is why everyone keeps posting about this guy not posting? It's gonna be a long winter if we don't find something more interesting to talk about!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    What I don't understand is why everyone keeps posting about this guy not posting? It's gonna be a long winter if we don't find something more interesting to talk about!
    My final comment here. I too think the thread has run its course. I'm out.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have not been here lately due to the fact that I farm. Working all day and half the night.

OK what do you need to know..... The inside of the tread of my Kendas are wore out at 6200 miles.

Now it is 4 weeks still no BRP no dealer response yet.

Spyder Garage

Default PRAISE THE LORD

Quote Originally Posted by nesdspyder View Post
    I have not been here lately due to the fact that I farm. Working all day and half the night.

OK what do you need to know..... The inside of the tread of my Kendas are wore out at 6200 miles.

I knew you weren't a " TROLL " ( see post # 15 ) .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default ANSWERS

#1. I think your dealer S*cks ..... #2.. You need a Rolo / Tru-Trac lazer alignment ,( to fix the FRONT tire wear issue ) any other kind is BS and not worth doing ...... good luck ....Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think the reason the dealer is balking is they didn't check the alignment when they put the bike together & now know they should have.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

So
    how is an alignment problem that you did nothing about until the tires were worn to the point of needing replacement, BRPs fault? Your bike needs an alignment and new tires. Had you gotten it aligned 6200 miles ago, you would not be replacing tires now. Or at least when you noticed the tire wear was not even.

You can argue that BRP should include a proper laser alignment with the bike when new but they don't. BRP is not going to replace tires that you wore out. They were not defective, they were abused.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame