Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Belt Stabilizer

Question, I ordered for my 2016 F3 Limited the F3 belt stabilizer via online from Baker Built.com. I received a called from their office and I was told that I ordered the wrong part and I could not use the F3 model belt stabilizer for my bike but I need to order the RT model. The price between each other is twice as much. Anyone using the Baker Built belt stabilizer for the F3 Limited also had to order the RT model stabilizer. I am confused. I want to ensure I have the right part. Thank you

Spyder Garage

I was told by Baker that they don't have one to fit the F3L. You might contact Jim at Smoothspyder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    I was told by Baker that they don't have one to fit the F3L. You might contact Jim at Smoothspyder.

i spoke with the owner of Smoothspyder and his stabilizer is only for F3 S.

Spyder Garage

I think it was Mike over at BakerBuilt told me that their F3 stabilizer does not fit the LTD. He said he would let me know when they have one.

2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Default F3T belt tensioner.

I just bought a belt tentioner from Jim at Smooth Spyder for my F3T. It's brand new hot off the presses. I haven't had a chance to install it yet but I should get to it Sunday. Give Jim a call. Dola.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Widowrider View Post
    I just bought a belt tentioner from Jim at Smooth Spyder for my F3T. It's brand new hot off the presses. I haven't had a chance to install it yet but I should get to it Sunday. Give Jim a call. Dola.
    I spoke with Jim this morning and he told me he doesn't have a belt stabilizer for an F3 Limited. I cant believe that we are getting different information.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    I spoke with Jim this morning and he told me he doesn't have a belt stabilizer for an F3 Limited. I cant believe that we are getting different information.
    No one ask me about a T/Ltd. tensioner today, but they will be available soon pending a few more reviews from my testers.web pic.jpgweb pic 1.jpg
    I have sent 10 out for testing and feedback to some that inquired long ago, and the reviews have been very positive so far.
    This model is a straight bolt on installation with no other modifications involved.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    No one ask me about a T/Ltd. tensioner today, but they will be available soon pending a few more reviews.
    .....so I wonder who you spoke to, Wengerda.........
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    .....so I wonder who you spoke to, Wengerda.........
    When I go to my office on Monday, I need to check my outbound caller id and check the phone number I dialed.

Spyder Garage

Default Au Contraire

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    i spoke with the owner of Smoothspyder and his stabilizer is only for F3 S.
    I have F3, not an S, I am running smooth SPYDER belt conditioner, works like a charm!
    Capt Jim is a stand up guy. Talk to him.
    ron

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    I have F3, not an S, I am running smooth SPYDER belt conditioner, works like a charm!
    Capt Jim is a stand up guy. Talk to him.
    ron
    Which F3 model, I have a F3 Limited. Either way I should be getting a call tomorrow from Bakerbuilt and they will need to convince me that their product does work on my F3L. Their website does not show F3L. I will let you guys know tomorrow what I find out.

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Belt Stabilizer for the F3 Limited

We are sorry for all the confusion on our F3 Belt Stabilizer. The rear suspension on the F3 & F3-S is different then the rear suspension on the F3 Limited & F3-T. The rear suspension on the F3-T and the F3 Limited is almost identical to the 2014 and newer RT Series which uses rectangular tubing instead of round tubing like what is on the F3 & F3-S. Also the F3-T & F3 Limited with the factory saddle bags does not allow room for a Belt stabilizer on the top of the belt like we use on the F3 & F3-S.

The cost difference is with the F3 & F3-S we use a upper belt stabilizer with a simple spring to control the belt vibration. With the RT Series we had to use a lower belt stabilizer and a stronger gas spring which works like a shock absorber. The gas spring is much more costly then the simple spring used with the upper belt stabilizer. With the F3 & F3-S there was no room on the top for a belt stabilizer with a gas spring.

The 2014 & Newer Baker Built Stabilizer should work on the F3-T and the F3 Limited without any problems.

Thanks, Bruce