Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

oOn my 16' I found that I can turn the key press the mode button and start the engine without waiting for the screen to finish the start-up. I do this some mornings while getting ready.

Spyder Garage

Default BIT..

When a husband and wife share one RTs , the husband may be seen riding in the passenger position.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The wife will agree to that one

Sent From my Note 5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    When a husband and wife share one RTs , the husband may be seen riding in the passenger position.
    The only way you can get away with this without violating the "Man Book of Rules", is to carry a fake cast to wear on your right wrist.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    The only way you can get away with this without violating the "Man Book of Rules", is to carry a fake cast to wear on your right wrist.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    On a RT Series Spyder

The Right side Saddlebag is larger than the Left side.

If you don't use the parking brake when you turn the Spyder off, the beeper will quit after 20 seconds.

Your Tires are Directional and should not be swapped side to side.

Your battery charger/tender should be compatible with an AGM battery.

If you use your car Battery to jump start your spyder, leave the car turned off and remove the jumper cables from your spyder as soon as it starts.

If you want your Fuel & Temp gauge to be digital on your dash just unplug both your analog temp and gas gauge and the digital ones will appear on your display.

A good rule of thumb for tire pressure is 18 (+ or - 2) for the front (be sure both are as close as possible for maximum ride stability) and 29 (+ or - 1) for the rear.

Be sure that your Spyder is warmed up good before checking your oil, do not overfill your oil.

Be sure that the brake reservoir caps (located under the seat) are on solidly and that the slightly raised area is pointed toward the back of your spyder or it could leak brake fluid.

DO NOT use a power washer to clean your spyder especially around the dash area.

If you can think of more good suggestions please post them on this thread.

If you allow your spyder to warm up for two or three minutes when you first start it for the day, it will run smoother with less "CLUNK".

Check your tire thread and replace if worn or there are any visible cracks or tire rot marks.

Cruzr Joe
    This list is an interesting idea. However, much of what is here is "me too" and not really relavent to your original intent. Are you going to try and consolidate the information into a functional list ? It could be some good info.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WARWAGON View Post
    If your up operating in emp. Why let it sit and idle for ten minutes before checking oil?

, Please explain this Question/Comment

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    This list is an interesting idea. However, much of what is here is "me too" and not really relavent to your original intent. Are you going to try and consolidate the information into a functional list ? It could be some good info.

The "list" was designed to attract comments and make folks aware of certain features, anyone that wants to create a list is perfectly welcome to do it.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Joe!
    Do you ever feel as if...

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

NAW, But i just bought a new AR-15, Just in case. (Not for critics) < Disclaimer

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd sign that one as "anonymous"...

Spyder Garage

Default Things you might not know, please add to this list. (RT Series)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    , Please explain this Question/Comment

Cruzr Joe
    Well what I was questioning was when checking the oil on 2015 RT the manual states letting it sit and idle for ten minutes before checking the oil.
    Sorry left out a few thoughts. It was clear in my mind. But I'm the only one there.
    Just seems along time to sit and idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

The one thing I found is everytime I put it in first gear no matter what time of day it is. I get this tap on the helmet and voice from the passenger (my wife) " Where are we going for breakfast, lunch, or dinner". I couldn't find any info on this in the manual. Must be something in the shifter button. Lol
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    The one thing I found is everytime I put it in first gear no matter what time of day it is. I get this tap on the helmet and voice from the passenger (my wife) " Where are we going for breakfast, lunch, or dinner". I couldn't find any info on this in the manual. Must be something in the shifter button. Lol
    This is a common problem with most touring bikes. You'll find that the only way to prevent it's occurrence, is to feed her breakfast in bed...
    ...With flowers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WARWAGON View Post
    Well what I was questioning was when checking the oil on 2015 RT the manual states letting it sit and idle for ten minutes before checking the oil.
    Sorry left out a few thoughts. It was clear in my mind. But I'm the only one there.
    Just seems along time to sit and idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

, I always check it at the end of a ride because i know for sure that it is up to operating temp, that way i am ready the next time i ride. (I actually check it at the end of every 5th or 6th ride)

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post

Have you not located the PTT button (Passenger Throttle Thrower), this will eject the passenger when the get bossy.

Anonymous

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    The PTT (Push to talk) button is defective: I never push mine, yet the Missus talks all of the time!