Spyder Garage

Default Going to Yellowstone Nat Park?

Just got back from a 10 day journey, 2 days spent in Yellowstone. I was at this locations only a few days ago, unless you eat a bowl of Stupid Flakes for breakfast DO NOT leave the prescribed. walk areas.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/08/man-pre...ne-hot-spring/

Came in over Bear Tooth Pass, it was a balmy 30 degrees. Road over 3,000 miles and my Spyder RT performed like a champ.

Spyder Garage

A very beautiful place indeed. Does not sound good for the person involved. That would be a horrible way to go, if true.

Like Alaska, a very beautiful place, but you can be killed in a moment of not paying attention.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We will be there late July after the Deadwood Rally. Staying at Signal Mountain lodge in Grand Teton NP.

CANT WAIT

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

You can't fix stupid. Two people were injured in separate instances here in Custer Park trying to pet the buffalo. The last woman had to have her intestines held in place while she waited for an ambulance.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Default Yellowstone

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    We will be there late July after the Deadwood Rally. Staying at Signal Mountain lodge in Grand Teton NP.

CANT WAIT
    We are going to be in yellowstone the 19th & 20th also after the Deadwood Rally, staying at the hibernation station in W. Yellowstone, may see you tooling around the park.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    You can't fix stupid. Two people were injured in separate instances here in Custer Park trying to pet the buffalo. The last woman had to have her intestines held in place while she waited for an ambulance.
    After I had ridden through Theodore Roosevelt National Park and seen some bison on the road, I asked the Ranger, "If I were to have come close to the bison and honked my horn, would the bison just consider me a dumb human not to be bothered with or about, or would he turn and run off, or would he come after me?" The Ranger, "Could be any one of the three. Young bull bison are much more likely to come attack you than older ones will, but you have no way of knowing what a particular bison will do in a particular situation."

When it comes to encountering bison, do nothing that may aggravate them, stay clear, and don't linger. Actually, that pretty much applies to all wild animals.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post

When it comes to encountering bison, do nothing that may aggravate them, stay clear, and don't linger. Actually, that pretty much applies to all wild animals.
    I was at Yellowstone last week, and I barely missed an encounter with a bison's horns because I thought being on a wooden walkway a few feet up would give me time to get away, if need be. I found they jump quite high, and luckily it jumped off the other side of the walkway instead of chasing after me. I was using my gopro at the time, and got lost in the moment.

A word of advice for those that might be riding their spyders in the park- the bison like to walk in the middle of the road, and hold up traffic. If you are on a spyder or any motorcycle, you are a sitting duck, when people stop their cars to get a better look and you are stuck waiting. While eating at a restaurant at the park, a bison decided to attack a car for no apparent reason, other than it felt like using its horns.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider60 View Post
    Just got back from a 10 day journey, 2 days spent in Yellowstone. I was at this locations only a few days ago, unless you eat a bowl of Stupid Flakes for breakfast DO NOT leave the prescribed. walk areas.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/08/man-pre...ne-hot-spring/

Came in over Bear Tooth Pass, it was a balmy 30 degrees. Road over 3,000 miles and my Spyder RT performed like a champ.

You can't fix stupid

Spyder Garage

Heard on the new this morning that the Park Service has called off any attempts to retrieve the body stating that there would be nothing left to collect.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My condolences to that mans family.

Like has ben said, you can't fix stupid. I guess that case ended with "poached tourist."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    We are going to be in yellowstone the 19th & 20th also after the Deadwood Rally, staying at the hibernation station in W. Yellowstone, may see you tooling around the park.
    Look for a group of 4 Spyders. One Red, Two White, One Blue....All with Texas plates. Might see you there.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Just----

We will be in the area just before you. Going to Sturgis, Mt Rushmore, ect.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow