Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dvmdf View Post
    Does this seem to be a manual or SE6 also problem?
    Mine's a SM, it's happened to a SE too... Read post # 13.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-take-her-away

Don't think all the F3s are having the problem.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Mine's a SM, it's happened to a SE too... Read post # 13.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-take-her-away

Don't think all the F3s are having the problem.
    What is the latest from your dealer about this issue??
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Was swayed by Hubby and a few others to ride the F3 up to SpyderFest and let Len at PitBulls to take a look at the chatter. BRP's best mechanics will be here too so the best people would be looking over the F3.

Took her over today and Len listened to the left hand engine when it was hotted up. He said "Take my F3 for a ride. Both F3s have about the same milage."

Sure enough, his F3 makes the same chatter in neutral with the clutch let out like mine. So does Lamonster's. (Didn't ride the Triple Threat, but I believe him.) Can't precisely explain what was told me, but it's something to do with the hydraulic clutch lifters.

So for me, case is closed. Going to have a good time up here and I'll ...

See you at the races.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Glad to hear

- good news!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Was swayed by Hubby and a few others to ride the F3 up to SpyderFest and let Len at PitBulls to take a look at the chatter. BRP's best mechanics will be here too so the best people would be looking over the F3.

Took her over today and Len listened to the left hand engine when it was hotted up. He said "Take my F3 for a ride. Both F3s have about the same milage."

Sure enough, his F3 makes the same chatter in neutral with the clutch let out like mine. So does Lamonster's. (Didn't ride the Triple Threat, but I believe him.) Can't precisely explain what was told me, but it's something to do with the hydraulic clutch lifters.

See you at the races.
    Hydraulic clutch lifters. so only the SM6 has this noise he is saying?

Spyder Garage

See you at the races.
    Thanks for update post.
    If you get a chance ask Len if Chris pulled your F3 bigger sized oil drain plug to check if green o ring is torn.
    I found my new 2015 F3S SE6 (first oil change) green o ring sliced/torn from factory.
    It affects the oil supply to hydraulic clutch.
    I am betting you pull off a F3 win in the drags!!
    Enjoy Spyderfest.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

See you at the races.
    Glad to hear you gained a little confidence back. I forgot to tell you but I was talking to another dealer a couple of weeks ago, they had heard to noise as well and believed it was because of the lack of tupperware covering the engine like the RT has. Let's just hope it don't become another recall down the road.
    Maybe I'll see you at the 1/4? 1/8? 100yds? Friday afternoon.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1blackbeauty View Post
    Hydraulic clutch lifters. so only the SM6 has this noise he is saying?
    All transmissions have to shift somehow, be they SMs or SEs. Maybe it's the same reason on both types.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    Thanks for update post.
    If you get a chance ask Len if Chris pulled your F3 bigger sized oil drain plug to check if green o ring is torn.

I found my new 2015 F3S SE6 (first oil change) green o ring sliced/torn from factory.
    It affects the oil supply to hydraulic clutch.
    I am betting you pull off a F3 win in the drags!!
    Enjoy Spyderfest.
    Jim
    A torn O ring does not sound good. Haven't had an oil change yet but will tell the mech to keep a lookout for one.

After getting a proper O ring put in, did the chatter go away?

If I win or lose at the drags, it's all good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Glad to hear you gained a little confidence back. I forgot to tell you but I was talking to another dealer a couple of weeks ago, they had heard to noise as well and believed it was because of the lack of tupperware covering the engine like the RT has. Let's just hope it don't become another recall down the road.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Having problems posting with my iPad...

Maybe it is a more open engine is the answer to the question. I surely hope so. Time will tell... Been having more fun riding now I know I don't have to baby the tranny.

That would be very interesting if we happened to bump into each other Friday afternoon...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Good luck getting your F3 fixed, have fun @ SF.
    Is the Gear chatter only happen in Neutral?
    *** you go girl @ the drag races***
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Maybe not a feature

CANAMCHRIS - see his thread - BRP is/has shipped out a new engine for his F3 and had dealer ship his present engine (pebble grinding sound) back to them for analysis.

His dealer told me to ride mine until BRP finishes their analysis of his engine and decides how to move forward - it could be awhile - awhile meaning who knows when. His and now my dealer did notify BRP that my engine has same noise (sent video clip of noise to BRP - which is identical to CANAMCHRIS'S).

I've owned several cars, trucks, motorcycles, 08' Spyder GS until 2015 and never heard an engine make this kind of noise before. But that's just me.
    So - BRP is replacing his engine and us others (yes my F3-S SE6 has this noise) are to believe there is not an issue - it is a feature - Hmmmmmmmm well maybe/maybe not a feature. Maybe not same noise as SM6 - maybe it is
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Having problems posting with my iPad...

Maybe it is a more open engine is the answer to the question. I surely hope so. Time will tell... Been having more fun riding now I know I don't have to baby the tranny.

That would be very interesting if we happened to bump into each other Friday afternoon...

Girl I've been dropping hints and come right out and ask a couple of F3 owners ever since BRP announced it, that I would like to run one with my GS. You seem to be the only one who has what it takes , so I would be honored to let you be the one to "SHOW ME"
    Last edited by Mo Lee; 04-29-2015 at 05:19 AM.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Hey

Ya my f3s does the same thing in neutral when hot - goes away when you push the clutch in, or give it some fuel funny thing is I met 2 other people with f3 sm6 on the road sound the exact same - doesn't bother me but thank God for warrenty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine does this also. Dealer told me it was normal. Sounds to me like a throwout bearing noise that we used to hear in older cars.Will be watching this post. Maybe if we start calling BRP we could get something done. If only the dealer knows they probably don't tell BRP.
    Last edited by jcasey; 09-28-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Many Vettes , Vipers, etc. have what is commonly known as NGR......neutral gear rattle. My Victory also had it. It occurs in N with the clutch lever out. I'm not diagnosing your noise, but am just saying that it happens elsewhere.
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Isn't this the same "pebble grinding" noise another member has experienced early on and had his whole engine replaced by BRP? Mine has done a milder version of that noise from the beginning, when warmed up, in neutral. I think it's fairly common, if it is what I think it is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey View Post
    Mine does this also. Dealer told me it was normal. Sounds to me like a throwout bearing noise that we used to hear in older cars.Will be watching this post. Maybe if we start calling BRP we could get something done. If only the dealer knows they probably don't tell BRP.
    Quote Originally Posted by james8luc8 View Post
    Ya my f3s does the same thing in neutral when hot - goes away when you push the clutch in, or give it some fuel funny thing is I met 2 other people with f3 sm6 on the road sound the exact same - doesn't bother me but thank God for warrenty
    Quote Originally Posted by griffontamer View Post
    Isn't this the same "pebble grinding" noise another member has experienced early on and had his whole engine replaced by BRP? Mine has done a milder version of that noise from the beginning, when warmed up, in neutral. I think it's fairly common, if it is what I think it is.
    My fellow Spyder lovers, everything is fine with the F3 motor. In the end, it was what I though. Machines make strange noises. I heard a sound that perked my ears up because I had not heard the 'pebble' sound before.

The unsolicited advice I have for everyone here is to not worry about the 1330 ACE motor unless you start to notice a performance problem. If you get on the throttle and it pulls hard, you are fine.

For any conspiracy theorists out there...I have had no direct contact with BRP on this issue. Everything went through my dealer. The dealer took a monetary lose swapping out the motor but took care of me above and beyond my expectations.

My F3 still makes strange noises sometimes. Do I worry about it? No. I just ride it like I stole it and have a blast.

Regards,
    CanAmChris
    Last edited by CanAmChris; 09-28-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ya I agree with canam chris just drive it -

Spyder Garage

My 1330 sounds a lot quieter and smoother at idle now that it has 7,000 miles on it. When I first got it the sound it made concerned me a little.

YMMV