Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Windscreen extenders ?

Loving the F3 but can't deny, moving from the RT the windscreen still puts a bit of a downer on the drive for me. When I first got the F3 I had no screen and above 55-60 the buffeting on my chest was pretty strong, had the BlueRidge fitted and body now fine, but head takes a pounding. It's sort of reducing the appeal of anything but a short Sunday cruise tbh.

I know Mastad has a solution, may have to consider as a last resort but i am not a fan of how it looks. Has anyone tried the clip on windscreen extenders like this one ( http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_...Deflector.html

Wonder if that might be a compromise route to go. I can see windscreens are a hot topic in the forum so apologies for adding another one.

Al

Spyder Garage

I am considering the same type of solution for my F3 and the blueridge. Although I had the Madatad on my RS I don't like the floating look. Would love to also hear some feedback.

Spyder Garage

Default Windscreen add ons

Quote Originally Posted by AJKOK1 View Post
    Loving the F3 but can't deny, moving from the RT the windscreen still puts a bit of a downer on the drive for me. When I first got the F3 I had no screen and above 55-60 the buffeting on my chest was pretty strong, had the BlueRidge fitted and body now fine, but head takes a pounding. It's sort of reducing the appeal of anything but a short Sunday cruise tbh.

I know Mastad has a solution, may have to consider as a last resort but i am not a fan of how it looks. Has anyone tried the clip on windscreen extenders like this one ( http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_...Deflector.html

Wonder if that might be a compromise route to go. I can see windscreens are a hot topic in the forum so apologies for adding another one.

Al
    I have that exact clamp-on. It helps a lot. I used mine for about 1000 miles. It really wasn't what I wanted. I used until I got my madstad in. Madstad has really increased my enjoyment of my F3. I can instantly adjust from in-town cruising to freeway blasting.
    Good a Luck,
    Ron

Spyder Garage

Default The"floating look

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    I am considering the same type of solution for my F3 and the blueridge. Although I had the Madatad on my RS I don't like the floating look. Would love to also hear some feedback.
    I like it. Looks good to me! just my personal opinion.

Ron

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I have a sports X-Creen on my F3 with the Route 129 screen.
    I like the draft and the breeze and this little screen manages it fine.

Spyder Garage

Default windshield extender

Quote Originally Posted by AJKOK1 View Post

Al
    Go on the bakerbuilt.com web site and check out our windshield extenders.
    Thanks, Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post
    Go on the bakerbuilt.com web site and check out our windshield extenders.
    Thanks, Mike

I searched he'd all over the site and did not see an extender listed... Your site is difficult to navigate....

mark

Spyder Garage

Alone were the tour model Is available?

mark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try Revzilla

Spyder Garage

Default X-creen

Have 3500 miles on the X-creen mounted on the Blue ridge including 3K trip out west. It works great. I thought it was going to be my temp solution until after market windshields became available. I like the adjustment capability. I'm using the clamp mounts. They do not loosen up and drilling plexi-glass scared me. Because of the X-Screen I'm holding off on replacing the windshield.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eaklewmd View Post
    Have 3500 miles on the X-creen mounted on the Blue ridge including 3K trip out west. It works great. I thought it was going to be my temp solution until after market windshields became available. I like the adjustment capability. I'm using the clamp mounts. They do not loosen up and drilling plexi-glass scared me. Because of the X-Screen I'm holding off on replacing the windshield.
    Do you have the Sport or the Tour?

Spyder Garage

I have the tour.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eaklewmd View Post
    I have the tour.

Just ordered the x-creen sport for mine... I'll post an update after this weekend's ride. (Should be
    here by Friday). Just happened to try the sport 1st as it seems to be a more natural looking fit for
    the Blueridge, but, admit clearly it will not (at least I believe so) equal what the Tour would provide.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by one2doo View Post
    Try Revzilla
    They were out of stock on the tour model but called me yesterday and said they might be able to get one direct from the manufacturer, plus I had 35 revzilla bucks available!

mark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    They were out of stock on the tour model but called me yesterday and said they might be able to get one direct from the manufacturer, plus I had 35 revzilla bucks available!

mark
    Cool hope they get you one soon.

Spyder Garage

Just installed the x-Creen Sport model with the clamp-on option (it comes with both, the clamp-on and bolt on).
    I will say the Sport is a perfect match for the upper profile of the BlueRidge screen. I will change it to the
    bolt-on (which will look a little nicer and sit a bit lower) on Sunday after I have a chance to check it out.

So far, its a very nice unit, well packaged. (I'd suggest looking at the videos from Twisted Throttle on YouTube.
    They have multiple videos out there depending on which unit you have. Extremely well made videos.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am very happy with the look and effectiveness of the Madstad windshield on my F3S. Now that I have it I am heading out in a couple weeks for my first Saddlesore 1000 Ryde on the F3. F4 now has a custom windshield for the F3 so that is another option. The folks I know who tried the extenders were not happy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll be awaiting your report on how the Saddlesore 1000 treats your ... Well; you know!
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    I am very happy with the look and effectiveness of the Madstad windshield on my F3S. Now that I have it I am heading out in a couple weeks for my first Saddlesore 1000 Ryde on the F3. F4 now has a custom windshield for the F3 so that is another option. The folks I know who tried the extenders were not happy

Happy Sailing

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I put the X-creen Sport on yesterday and took a quick ride.. gets the air over my helmet so I am no longer a "bobble-head" and I can still see well over it (Blue Ridge shield) ... I am 6'2" btw. The tour may give better overall wind protection, but I am gonna stick with the Sport for now. I can comfortably wear a 3/4 helmet but may move to a full face as winter (or what passes for winter in south-central TX). Only thing else I may do for wind management is look into some Baker Air Wings later.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBill View Post
    I put the X-creen Sport on yesterday and took a quick ride.. gets the air over my helmet so I am no longer a "bobble-head" and I can still see well over it (Blue Ridge shield) ... I am 6'2" btw. The tour may give better overall wind protection, but I am gonna stick with the Sport for now. I can comfortably wear a 3/4 helmet but may move to a full face as winter (or what passes for winter in south-central TX).
    I had a Blue Ridge fitted in place of the Route 129 on Tuesday and the X-creen Sport which was on the 129 was fitted to the Blue Ridge. Then I rode the 130 miles home all of it
    aside from three miles on the Motorway (Our freeway!) I adjusted it a couple of times when in stationary traffic and it's now as good as it's going to get. I carried out the obligatory
    (for me) baseball cap test and got up to around 85-90 mph with no problems with excessive buffeting and the ball cap stayed on. I'm only 5 feet 8 inches tall and I can see over the screen.
    So it gets a thumbs up from me!

Spyder Garage

....so far I'm liking the x-Creen Sport quite a bit. (And the perm mounted looks VERY nice on the BlueRidge, although
    their topside clamping system works great as-well). Will play with more variations of the angles this coming Sunday.

Spyder Garage

I am 5ft 10 1/2 inches with a Blue Ridge fitted to my F3 and the wind hits my helmet. I also have a Spyder RSS with a Madstad fitted. The Madstad does the job very well but it does move about slightly on it's brackets at speed, (yes the wheels are balanced as I have had them checked). Neither am I keen on it's looks, less so for the new F3 version. I have just fitted an X-creen tour to the F3 as I did not like the alternatives. It is fitted it by the clamp on method and on my first ride out at a max speed of 85 MPH no buffeting at all, screen perfectly stable, perfect solution and looks good!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Can you please send some pics of what angle your and how high you put your x-screen at, and what you think worked the best.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    I had a Blue Ridge fitted in place of the Route 129 on Tuesday and the X-creen Sport which was on the 129 was fitted to the Blue Ridge. Then I rode the 130 miles home all of it
    aside from three miles on the Motorway (Our freeway!) I adjusted it a couple of times when in stationary traffic and it's now as good as it's going to get. I carried out the obligatory
    (for me) baseball cap test and got up to around 85-90 mph with no problems with excessive buffeting and the ball cap stayed on. I'm only 5 feet 8 inches tall and I can see over the screen.
    So it gets a thumbs up from me!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In this thread there are some good pictures. I set mine up just about the same. it will be different depending on what you like, how tall you are etc

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-my-Blue-Ridge