Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
However, if you have an oil related motor, trans, or clutch failure and are not running BRP oil, right or wrong you may have quite the battle getting warranty work done.
Personally, I like the BRP oil. Its fairly inexpensive and actually does quite well. In the Seadoo world many have tried other oils but most have had the best results with the BRP oil and end up going back. This is in a platform that runs much harder than in a Spyder. [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
It would be illegal for them to do so. As adverse as BRP is to lawsuits, I can't see this happening in the real world. And if it had ever happened, I'm sure you would hear of it here. In fact, the opposite has been documented. Spyder engines have failed using non-BRP lubricants. The engines were replaced with never a peep about lubricant because the failure was clearly NOT oil related. If you're using an oil as good or better than the BRP product, you're not going to have an oil related failure.

I'd be much more worried about having a flat tire than having a battle with BRP over oil. And I can guarantee you, I don't worry about that either....