Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default How does it work ?

How does it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I think you have to have the factory CB system. Someone else will jump in and correct me if I'm not right. The PTT means ( Push To Talk )

Spyder Garage

It attaches to the flux capacitor. If you push the "Push to Transport" button exactly at 60 mph you my make that restaurant reservation on time.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Push to Talk"?

Mine doesn't work correctly : I never push it, yet my Missus talks ALL of the time!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2013REDRTS View Post
    I think you have to have the factory CB system. Someone else will jump in and correct me if I'm not right. The PTT means ( Push To Talk )
    No think needed. The PTT does nothing without the factory CB installed. So far none of us has been able to come up with any sort of addon that would make use of it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by manman007 View Post
    How does it work

How does what work? Push the R button and you go backwards, push the PTT button and you get to talk to someone that could care less. LMAO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
    How does what work? Push the R button and you go backwards, push the PTT button and you get to talk to someone that could care less. LMAO
    Really ????

Spyder Garage

I may put a mobile ham radio in my bike this next winter!! I would think I could convert the CB harness to a ham radio. Big question is antenna. I could probably mount it in the CB antenna spot. Could be a fun project!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RussRT View Post
    I may put a mobile ham radio in my bike this next winter!! I would think I could convert the CB harness to a ham radio. Big question is antenna. I could probably mount it in the CB antenna spot. Could be a fun project!!
    If you figure this out, let everyone know! It's not just a harness, it is integrated into the CB radio electronics, so you can change channels, etc.. from the handlebar controls.

The PTT switch is connected to the CAN BUS, and is pretty much useless outside of the BRP CB, from what I can tell.

-Fratz

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RussRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fratzba View Post
    If you figure this out, let everyone know! It's not just a harness, it is integrated into the CB radio electronics, so you can change channels, etc.. from the handlebar controls.

The PTT switch is connected to the CAN BUS, and is pretty much useless outside of the BRP CB, from what I can tell.
    I think it can be done, but you have to figure out how the communication connection between the CB and audio unit works. The PTT , the audio unit, and the cluster are all connected to the CanBus. The CB is connected to the audio unit only. When you push PTT the left handlebar module sends a command via CanBus to the audio unit which then sends a transmit signal to the CB. I think it may just be a steady high signal. The reason I think this is because the passenger PTT, which is a button on the headset cord, closes a separate circuit to the CB.

A complication you have to take into account is the fact the headsets connect into the CB unit. All the audio from the audio unit goes to the headset via the CB. The CB is also the intercom unit.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)