Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Need help with oil change

Does anybody have instructions on how to replace oil and filter? pics? videos? mine is a 2011 se5, the only video online is completely worthless and i'm not very smart

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Get a set of instructions

There was a time that BRP oil change kits came with printed instructions. My last kit didn't. Possibly ask your dealer for an old copy or get them to print one off of the BUDDS system. My dealer has been able to print a copy of several sets of installation instructions for me. If this doesn't work for you, try Harvey at Spyderpops. He is helpful, courteous and also a sponsor of the website.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default green manuals

I went on line and purchased a manual from Green manuals it has all the torque specifications how to pull the panels off
    and the whole nine yards.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lol...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Summary

Ride bike until oil is hot. Jack up front. Place on jack stands. Remove side covers. Remove splash guards. One screw, one push pin each side. On left side, if you have the latest side cover, remove. Slips right out. Oil filter and transmission filter are right there. 5 mm Allen. Spread newspaper, position drain pan. Remove filter covers. If you have belly pans, remove those first. Oil tank drain is easy. Bottom of oil tank. Crankcase drain is behind the filter for the engine, which is the lower of the two filter housings. Drain oil. I like to let it drain for at least an hour: it is then cool to reassemble. Use rubber gloves....hot oil hurts! Put fresh crush washers in each drain plug, fresh o ring for the filter, fresh oil filter from Baja Ron. Refill with oil (I like AMSOIL 10/40 motorcycle oil). I regularly replace the crappy drain plugs with dimple plugs. The stock drain plugs are junk. Make sure your torx socket is well seated (tap with hammer) before turning. Have plenty of paper towels handy, and an assistant helps!
    Or, ride it over here, I will show you how to do it! Good excuse to visit Las Vegas! Joe
    Last edited by cptjam; 06-22-2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added stuff
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Ride bike until oil is hot. Jack up front. Place on jack stands. Remove side covers. Remove splash guards. One screw, one push pin each side. On left side, if you have the latest side cover, remove. Slips right out. Oil filter and transmission filter are right there. 5 mm Allen. Spread newspaper, position drain pan. Remove filter covers. If you have belly pans, remove those first. Oil tank drain is easy. Bottom of oil tank. Crankcase drain is behind the filter for the engine. Drain oil. I like to let it drain for at least an hour: it is then cool to reassemble. Use rubber gloves....hot oil hurts! Put fresh crush washers in each drain plug, fresh o ring for the filter, fresh oil filter from Baja Ron. Refill with oil (I like AMSOIL 10/40 motorcycle oil). I regularly replace the crappy drain plugs with dimple plugs. The stock drain plugs are junk. Make sure your torx socket is well seated (tap with hammer) before turning. Have plenty of paper towels handy, and an assistant helps!
    Or, ride it over here, I will show you how to do it! Good excuse to visit Las Vegas! Joe
    Joe, good info I would like to add one more thing when you remove the Allen bolts be sure to keep them separate as the ones for the oil filter are deferent than ones for the transmission.... best of all have fun jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Default Videos

These seem to be helpful:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...pdated-Version

Haven't tried the oil change myself yet. Good Luck !!!
    Jim

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Where is the drain plug?

Spyder Garage

Default Call

There are two. One to drain the oil tank, plug in bottom of oil tank. One to drain the crankcase. There are two filter housings. The upper filter is smaller, and is for the transmission. The lower one is for the engine oil filter. Behind that (or more to the right) is the drain plug. Questions? Call me: number below ! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    Does anybody have instructions on how to replace oil and filter? pics? videos? mine is a 2011 se5, the only video online is completely worthless and i'm not very smart
    Now first thing I'll mention is that it will be in your handbook:-) Page 95 to 98 in my 2011 handbook. If you don't have a copy of the handbook I can send you a link to one.

This Aussie guy has a number of videos on how to do stuff and he's got one on doing a minor service (which is mainly the oil and filter change).
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVy...p6q05rqvSb9skA

Just checked and the service one is for a SM not and SE so you'll have an extra filter to replace, however things like the oil plugs etc will be the same so it should point you in the right direction.