Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    arntufun

Default RS/GS Spyder Breakdown-------- Arntufun Style----------- Updated Version

This thread might take a few seconds to load because of all the videos.

This video series will take you through the breakdown of the Spyder from panel removal, airbox/filter removal, rear wheel removal, brakes, plugs, wires, coolant, oil changes, exhaust gaskets and more.

This 1st series of videos will show you how to remove the left and right side panels, top cover, locate the battery and remove the rear tire splash guard.

This 2nd series will show your air filter location and remove the airbox. Follow instructions above for panel removal.

This 3rd series of videos will show you how to remove the rear wheel. Please see Lamonts RS rear wheel removal prior to viewing these. Link here http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...eel-Removal-RS

This 4th series of videos will show you how to install a Battery Tender JR to your Spyder. Follow the 1st Series of videos for left side panel removal.

This 5th series of videos will show you how to install a piece of foam in your airbox line to prevent oil from getting into the airbox. Follow instructions for left side panel removal and just watch the 1st airbox video in series 2.

The foam is from a dirtbike air filter so you will have to get one of those to do this install.

Last edited by arntufun; 01-15-2013 at 11:54 AM.

arntufun

This 6th series
    is videos will show you how to drain and fill your coolant/antifreeze in your Spyder. Follow the 1st series of videos for top cover and right side panel removal.

This 7th series of videos will show you how to change the spark plugs and spark plug wires. Please see series 1 and 2 to remove panels and airbox.

This 8th series of videos will show you how to change the exhaust gaskets on the Spyder. See series 1 for left and right panel removal to access these.

This 9th series of videos will show you how to change the oil in an SM5. See series 1 for instructions to remove left side panels.

This 10th series of videos will show you how to change the REAR brake pads.

Last edited by arntufun; 06-22-2012 at 03:08 AM.

arntufun

This 11th series of videos will show you how to change your FRONT brake pads

This 12th series of videos will show you how to remove the front trunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=p_JXqJhZCw0

This 13th video series will show you how to install a BajaRon anti sway bar. See trunk removal to complete this install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=li0_Is7K3MM

Last edited by arntufun; 05-20-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Randy, you are the best. What great resources to augment manuals how to instructions.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Great job Randy....and a lot of work! Thanks for going to all the trouble.
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Spyder Garage

What an awesome contribution to your fellow Spyderlovers! thank you very much
    Happy Owner * 2013 RT Limited, 2009 RS SE-5

Spyder Garage

What a pleasant suprise to find these excellent videos. Thank you very much arntufun!!

I'm new to Spyders, only got my 2008 GS last week. I've done my own maintenance on my cars, motorcycles & scooters since the late '50s.

Now I will have the confidence to continue that with my Spyder.

Again-----------thank you very much for taking the time to do it all.

oldgoat in Montreal.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Definitely a great job by Art putting the video's together..I used every one of them when I first started taking off the tupperware and diving into installing the mods...Thank God I've got a nephew here that races and wrenches metric bikes...He's been invaluable to me...He's corrected so many blunders that the dealer made..I feel very comfortable with all the mods that I've done and I have a very long list...This forum is invaluable...everything from technical assistance to advise on where to ride, get together, make friends, who to avoid and who to bring your business to...Being a member of this forum is very important to having a good relationship with your Spyder...I don't think I'd own one...in our case 2, without being a member of this board. I'm extremely grateful to Lamont, Scotty, Art, and many others for making my Spyder ownership something that I'll always cherish....and Cindi & I continue to meet and make many friends from the area that have common interests...Everything being said, owning the Spyders has been good for me...great for us (my wife), and entertaining all at the same time. We've made many friends and visited a lot of places that we probably would have bypassed..We look forward to more good times, great rides, and friendships yet to be made...Is it hard to tell I've had a couple glasses of tremendous German white wine? <laughing>...Happy Independence Day to all...and God Bless Our Troops..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thank you........great job.

Spyder Garage

Arntufun, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do these videos. I replaced my exhaust Y gaskets and installed BajaRon's plugs and wires today and the videos were very helpful. I will definitely be watching more of your videos in the future. I have a brake job to do before spyderfest. Great videos! Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the how to videos. Is anyone having trouble viewing video #5?

"Tigger" 2011 RS-S Alloy Orange/Matte Black (hers)
    "Hammer Head" 2012 RoadGlide Custom (his)

Spyder Garage

Default super vedio

super job but one questiont dont look like my rt is it because the the years in bike different mine is the 2012 se5 rt ? whats this one but great job

Spyder Garage

bump

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

Thanks for the most informative videos. Will help many lost souls with their hands in and not knowing where to go next...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Arntufun, because of You I will be able to save a whole bunch of money by diys, I just ordered an air filter for my 08 RS and will change it this week end. Again Thank YOU

Spyder Garage

You did a great job on the videos. Thanks

Mike

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

This is great, I will most definitely be using these videos.

Thank you
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Thanks Art! Did the all the brakes and the video was a tremendous help. Those 9mm bolts on the rear brake took some serious persuasion to get them loose!
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

Default awesome job

Great videos. I really appreciate your time. Just to let you know, it says the video for installing the foam to keep oil out of the air box is no longer existent. ..
    09 GS SE5

20130727_151339 by Kebie05, on Flickr

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Your the man!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

FANTASTIC!!! Been on the site for a few weeks and just found these vids,Spot on that man perfect for a newb Spyder owner Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ....................SCOTLAND...................... ...
    ...............08 GS...................

Spyder Garage

Bump

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting all the videos.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

with all of the above THANKS.jtpollock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hx
    Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    This thread might take a few seconds to load because of all the videos.

This video series will take you through the breakdown of the Spyder from panel removal, airbox/filter removal, rear wheel removal, brakes, plugs, wires, coolant, oil changes, exhaust gaskets and more.

This 1st series of videos will show you how to remove the left and right side panels, top cover, locate the battery and remove the rear tire splash guard.

This 2nd series will show your air filter location and remove the airbox. Follow instructions above for panel removal.

This 3rd series of videos will show you how to remove the rear wheel. Please see Lamonts RS rear wheel removal prior to viewing these. Link here http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...eel-Removal-RS

This 4th series of videos will show you how to install a Battery Tender JR to your Spyder. Follow the 1st Series of videos for left side panel removal.

This 5th series of videos will show you how to install a piece of foam in your airbox line to prevent oil from getting into the airbox. Follow instructions for left side panel removal and just watch the 1st airbox video in series 2.

The foam is from a dirtbike air filter so you will have to get one of those to do this install.

Thx ! for all your dedication
    i can't view the 5th series (piece of foam in the air box tube to prevent oil from getting in)

im currently having this problem now