Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install time

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Past weekend I had Coleman in Woodbridge, VA and they charged me for the Bajaron Sway Bar and links 2 hours.

I am very happy with the results.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    Past weekend I had Coleman in Woodbridge, VA and they charged me for the Bajaron Sway Bar and links 2 hours.

I am very happy with the results.
    So, for the parts and labor what was the total costs installed?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    My dealer took 1.5 hours to do the job as part of the OTD price, labor rate was discounted also.
    Same here. My dealer charged me $120 flat, in conjunction with other work, which is just short of 1.5 mh of shop time. That was WELL worth it to me, not to have to figure out how to raise the spyder, crawl under it, and do it myself.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Same here. My dealer charged me $120 flat, in conjunction with other work, which is just short of 1.5 mh of shop time. That was WELL worth it to me, not to have to figure out how to raise the spyder, crawl under it, and do it myself.
    Rob, did your dealer supply the bar and ends or did you carry them in the door with you? What was the final total cost?

Spyder Garage

No, I got the bar and links from Ron and took them in to the dealer's shop. They charged me $120 to install them. My Spyder was already there having other work done. According to BahaRon's Vender Link, he sells the bar and the two heim joint links as a kit for $219. WELL worth it and highly recommended, if you haven't gotten one yet. It made quite a difference for me. Diminished the effect of centrifugal force in turns considerably.
    Last edited by robmorg; 01-22-2015 at 07:27 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default 1.5 hours, just on automotive ramps

VERY EASY. No need to get 2+ feet off the ground, no need to remove frunk.

Here's the video I used as a reference. I also did the links (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

Spyder Garage

Yay, finally got busy and got my ron's bar on today. I am pretty slow so won't mention how long it took me but what the heck being retired means I need something to keep me busy. So glad to have the good instructions that were available and the governors video helped as well. Now for some better weather for a ride. So glad for this forum with all the great advice and ideas. Yesterday I picked up a lift from Harbor Freight and some jack stands. So glad for them as well. As others have mentioned getting the spyder to that height was the nervous part.

Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT-S

1 1/2 hours from wheels up to wheels down.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Billet Links Needed?

I had the dealer look up the BRP estimated time for replacing a sway bar, and it was 1/2 hour. I saw it in the book myself.

I'm planning on getting the Bajaron sway bar for my 2015 RT-S Special Series, but would like to understand more about the billet links. I had the Bajaron sway bar put on my 2012 RT last year at Pitbull, and they didn't say anything to me about these links. But when I look on Lamonster's site, he includes these links with the Bajaron sway bar. So, yes to the links, or no?

Deke

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LEEB View Post
    So, for the parts and labor what was the total costs installed?
    $180.00

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I had the dealer look up the BRP estimated time for replacing a sway bar, and it was 1/2 hour. I saw it in the book myself.

I'm planning on getting the Bajaron sway bar for my 2015 RT-S Special Series, but would like to understand more about the billet links. I had the Bajaron sway bar put on my 2012 RT last year at Pitbull, and they didn't say anything to me about these links. But when I look on Lamonster's site, he includes these links with the Bajaron sway bar. So, yes to the links, or no?

Deke
    From everything I saw about Ron's bar is if you do his bar its a must to do the links So yes on the links

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I did the bar with the billet links - really, a non issue, if done at the same time as the bar install - might add two minutes.

I used a 1500# Harbor Freight ATV lift to raise my RT, and put a HD jack stand (with pads on the top) under the bottom of each shock, then lowered the RT onto the stands. This angled the RT, making it more steady (on the rear tire w/brake on), and giving me 32" of working room.

Before I lowered it on to the stands, I removed all the required tupperware (including that bolt with the $%$#$$ star washer). Since my jack will raise the RT 34" off the floor, this was much easier on my titanium knee..

The two time consuming issues I had were: (1) the star washer, and (2) setting the two teflon bushings into the channel - the latter took the addition of much of my old Navy language to get them properly placed - in retrospect, filing a very slight bevel to one of the top edges would help a lot.

This was a job that any of us could accomplish, and the cost of the jack and stands at HF are a lot less that the quoted install prices from the dealers.

BTW, I tossed the bar, but kept the links, in case some one needs them (don't take up much space).