Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Stabilizer Bar Link Rods (FYI)

If you have a 2013 Spyder and you want to check your links to see if they are part of the bad batch here's the info.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. Is this a service bulletin?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

thanks for keeping us ahead of the curve...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Not agian.

Thanks for the info Lamont.

Now I have to lay on the concrete floor and look at those links again. I just did that yesterday.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I just received from BRP a link with CCV1 3, which I had ordered so that I would have a spare for my 2013 RTS SE5. Based upon your information, this would not need to be replaced. However, both of the swivels were stuck so hard that I could not move them with my hand. I had to use a screw driver to break them loose. After oiling them I can now move them with my hand. Did BRP indicate what was wrong with the earlier links? Am I wrong in thinking they should move freely with my hand?

Spyder Garage

Cool

Thx Lamont

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
    I just received from BRP a link with CCV1 3, which I had ordered so that I would have a spare for my 2013 RTS SE5. Based upon your information, this would not need to be replaced. However, both of the swivels were stuck so hard that I could not move them with my hand. I had to use a screw driver to break them loose. After oiling them I can now move them with my hand. Did BRP indicate what was wrong with the earlier links? Am I wrong in thinking they should move freely with my hand?
    Not speaking for Lamont, but the OEM links have very tight Heim joints. Probably because they are a composite plastic and they need to be tighter than typical metal to metal or metal to nylon Heim joints. If you can move them reasonably easily with a bolt or screwdriver through the hole I wouldn't worry about it.

However, over time these joints can get pretty loose (could be wear, could be fatigue of the composite plastic). I pulled the OEM links off my 2008 GS (32,000+ miles) and the balls were loose to the point that there may be some slop in the ball and socket when under stress.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-17-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not speaking for Lamont, but the OEM links have very tight Heim joints. Probably because they are a composite plastic and they need to be tighter than typical metal to metal or metal to nylon Heim joints. If you can move them reasonably easily with a bolt or screwdriver through the hole I wouldn't worry about it.

However, over time these joints can get pretty loose (could be wear, could be fatigue of the composite plastic). I pulled the OEM links off my 2008 GS (32,000+ miles) and the balls were loose to the point that there may be some slop in the ball and socket when under stress.
    Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

THANKS SIR.

2013 ST-S SE-5 ("Quick Silver") Is her Name
    My Mods:

I Have Added the AM/FM Stereo and an Ultimate Seat, with Ryder Backrest, Power Sports wraps." Break Strips" Kit, GloRyders with the Spyder Cap, Fox Racing Shock and Anti- Sway Bar Kit, Spyder Pops Bump Skid, Spyderlighter's LED Running Light Kit With Fender lights. Cal Si Shorty Smoked Windshield, The 2014 Side Panels, Lamonsters Cat Delete, And an Akrapovic Sport Touring Exhaust.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default La monster comes through again

See Lamont relieved everyone's mind again. I feel good about my SWAG being on target too. I got lucky!

Now we can sit back and wonder what will the next crisis be? When will it strike?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you have a 2013 Spyder and you want to check your links to see if they are part of the bad batch here's the info.

Is there an easy way to check these?

Spyder Garage

Just curious where did you get this info from Lamont before I school my service dept (again).
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default need help

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Just curious where did you get this info from Lamont before I school my service dept (again).
    Can someone please tell me how to check this? I do not know what panels would need to come off to see this part. Thank you! Jill

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 03hdjill View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to check this? I do not know what panels would need to come off to see this part. Thank you! Jill
    No panels need to be removed but you will need to raise your Spyder's front end and crawl under it to see the links. Search for other posts on this subject and there should be some posts with pictures that show the location of the sway bar links.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 03hdjill View Post
    Is there an easy way to check these?
    Sure, just look at your links. They can be seen from under the Spyder. Find the sway bar end and the link will be bolted to it (hopefully ). The sway bar assembly is located between the front wheels.
    Your sway bar will be black, not brown like this one. (Where did he get this sway bar anyway? ) But I digress.

Once you find the link then you may need a flashlight to get a good look at the black on black lettering. Worse case senerio is that you'll have to remove the link to look at it. This is pretty easily done but you should be able to see the numbers without removing the links.

If you don't have a 2013 then you don't have a problem (unless you've replaced a link recently).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    From the big boys at BRP. You can take this info to the bank....

Spyder Garage

Thanks Ron had to tell them the p0127,p0217 stories since BRP hasn't put that info out to the dealers and I just wanted to make sure. It is what I thought though.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Yet another piece of information to in our Spyder arsenal.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Thanks! Posted this on Girls on Spyders (with clear instructions not to ask me any questions, but come straight here for the answers). I love it when we can provide valuable, up-to-the-minute information for our riders!

Spyder Garage

This is a recall on some models according to BRP the bulletin number is 2013-06 I just talked with them and mine is included . They say it is stabilizer link inspection. Don't know if that means just inspect or replace but I assume the above information will be the determining factor.

Just checked the one I could see "4" with no white dot dam replace.....
    Last edited by Magdave; 07-18-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Had mine replaced today. Took about 15 minutes and no charge. I was on my way in no time.

Chris PS: Edit: [It wouldn't be a bad idea to call your service department first and making sure they have the part before running down there to change out.]

PSS: Your dealer will know your Vin# and can find out via their computer whether you need this change or not.
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 08-02-2013 at 07:27 AM.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My links are different...one is a 4 with no orange dot...replace and the other is a 2 with no orange dot...do not replace.....I'll replace both thru Baja Ron resize1.jpg resize2.jpg

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Oh no, now i am in trouble again ........................... one of mine had a 3 and one had a 2, i replaced both of them with the metal ones from Baja Ron ................. (the note says do not replace) . How much trouble am I in?????

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

you-need-a-spanking-postcard.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Oh no, now i am in trouble again ........................... one of mine had a 3 and one had a 2, i replaced both of them with the metal ones from Baja Ron ................. (the note says do not replace) . How much trouble am I in?????

Cruzr Joe

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post

OUCH, that happened to me when i took the tag off the pillow.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer