Thread: Pakit Rak

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Pakit Rak

Has anyone ever installed a Pakit Rak on there Spyder? Have been looking for a hitch that uses a 1 1/4 in. reciever hitch. Or do you just buy a regular hitch for a Spyder and weld a reciever hitch on to it. I hear of guys carring golf club around on a rack. Would like to hear how you attach the rack, has got to be close to the same principle. Thanks in advance to all anwers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You can designate the type of hitch you have mounted on the bike and Pakit Rak will send you the appropriate attachment for the hitch to be able to carry their bag. Here is a link from another members post with the type of info I believe you are looking for.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=pakit

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

If you can find a Mel's Monster Garage hitch, it has a Reese style receiver on it already. I had one, but sold it when I got my RT. I didn't want to screw around with the warranty on the RT for an unapproved hitch.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks NorthStar that is just what I was looking for...

Spyder Garage

Here is an email I received from pakitrak.

I have attached information on the Pakit Rak for your Cam Am. This Pakit Rak Cam Am package sells for $370.00 + UPS. It includes the bag & rain cover, pan & lock blade, two keyed alike locks and the attachment tube & adapter to attach it to your Cam Am. If you have any questions or would like to order one, please contact me at the number shown below.

Jerry Kougel
    Pakit Rak
    Ultimate Touring Accessory
    Ph: 707-678-2375 ext. 109
    jerry@pakitrak.com
    www.pakitrak.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, I really like this option. I have a Aspen trailer but there are times we are traveling ad I would love to have extra capacity without taking the trailer.
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default trailer rack

I had this from my harley , just had a shop make me a plate to bolt to my hitch works great , and easy to take off
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ordered the combo yesterday and it should ship out today. I will FU with what I think of it. Mt wife is excited about having a bit extra space when we travel without the trailer. I guess I really haven't gained any room for me, LOL.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I ordered the combo yesterday and it should ship out today. I will FU with what I think of it. Mt wife is excited about having a bit extra space when we travel without the trailer. I guess I really haven't gained any room for me, LOL.

I have been using the pakit rak since 2004 on wings, my vision and my spyder since 2011. It is a really great accessory. It gives just enough room to make a 2 week trip manageable, for me and 1 week for both of us. Great company, great service. I had a weld break on the original mounting bar from the rak to the hitch and they sent me a new one from Wing Ding. They were not even in the office as it were when I had the problem.

Nothing but good things to say.

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a Pakit Rak and absolutely love it. You can see pics of it on my RT here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=Pakit

You will need to have a trailer hitch on the RT since the adaptor is designed for it. I am very fortunate to live within 50 miles of the manufacturer and was able to have the adaptor installed there. The owners are very nice folks who are avid wing riders. I used the pak for my trip to Spyder's in the Redwoods and it was really nice to be able to remove the entire pak and take into my hotel room.

Spyder Garage

Default Still using it?

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    I have a Pakit Rak and absolutely love it. You can see pics of it on my RT here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=Pakit

You will need to have a trailer hitch on the RT since the adaptor is designed for it. I am very fortunate to live within 50 miles of the manufacturer and was able to have the adaptor installed there. The owners are very nice folks who are avid wing riders. I used the pak for my trip to Spyder's in the Redwoods and it was really nice to be able to remove the entire pak and take into my hotel room.
    Are you still using your packitrack? I have one left over from a Goldwing and was curious whether to sell it or try to adapt it to my new Spyder....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am still using mine. It comes in handy when going for long day rides. I usually use a trailer for extended rides/trips. If you do not use it, sell it and let the new owner get the necessary adapters

Spyder Garage

I have one and have been using it for a couple of years, it works great with the BRP Hitch. I use it for weekend trips anything longer, I use my RT Trailer.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

I have one in pristine condition for sale. Sold the Wing and not planning on a trailer hitch on the RTS. You're right... they hold a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk