Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member harddrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Livingston TX
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default RT Audio Rear Speakers

    Hey All,

    If you have a RT Audio, and want to add rear speakers, you can just add speakers with out having to buy the Cam Am Rear speaker set. The speaker wires are there already.

    I changed the front speakers to the polk audio and also got them for the rear also. I then purchased the rear speaker set from Can Am to get the "Wiring Harness" that is included...All this is is the audio control for the passenger...

    It sounds great with the polk audios, but my stockers were pretty good.

  2. #2
    SpyderLovers Sponsor bullant12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (West TN Near Memphis)
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harddrive View Post
    Hey All,

    If you have a RT Audio, and want to add rear speakers, you can just add speakers with out having to buy the Cam Am Rear speaker set. The speaker wires are there already.

    I changed the front speakers to the polk audio and also got them for the rear also. I then purchased the rear speaker set from Can Am to get the "Wiring Harness" that is included...All this is is the audio control for the passenger...

    It sounds great with the polk audios, but my stockers were pretty good.
    So the Polk Audio speakers fit well? I just installed my back speakers factory stock and I love the sound. But good to know that there are replacements in case I burn these speakers.

    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".

    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5 Viper Red (Valerie AKA Project Panama See Album Here) with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer.
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5 Alloy Orange Metallic & Black (Roxy).
    Previously owned 2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5 Audio & Convenience Silver Moon Gray (Gray Recluse). *Turned in with over 12,000 happy miles*

  3. #3
    Senior Member harddrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Livingston TX
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    So the Polk Audio speakers fit well? I just installed my back speakers factory stock and I love the sound. But good to know that there are replacements in case I burn these speakers.
    Yep, the DXI400 fit well for the rears and the DXI525 fit the front. My stock speakers sounded good, but these are great...most noticable at highway speeds...I got them from cowboom.com...

  4. #4
    SpyderLovers Sponsor bullant12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (West TN Near Memphis)
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harddrive View Post
    Yep, the DXI400 fit well for the rears and the DXI525 fit the front. My stock speakers sounded good, but these are great...most noticable at highway speeds...I got them from cowboom.com...
    Awesome... I just added a Bluetooth receiver to the MP3 jack to the AUX and now my iPhone can ryde in front with me... once I get my RAM Mount arm. I will place pics later.

    Here is the link of the bluetooth receiver if you are interested. The only thing is that you would have to disconnect from the 12V once you turn off the Spyder or it will stay constantly on. http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBrid...=pd_ys_iyr_img

    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".

    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5 Viper Red (Valerie AKA Project Panama See Album Here) with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer.
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5 Alloy Orange Metallic & Black (Roxy).
    Previously owned 2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5 Audio & Convenience Silver Moon Gray (Gray Recluse). *Turned in with over 12,000 happy miles*

  5. #5
    RT-S PE#0180 frank3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harddrive View Post
    Yep, the DXI400 fit well for the rears and the DXI525 fit the front. My stock speakers sounded good, but these are great...most noticable at highway speeds...I got them from cowboom.com...
    Are these POLK speakers OK for outdoor (exposure to moisture) use? Looked them up and couldn't tell. I'm not much of an audio tech so appreciate the advise.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mesa Arizona
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default polk audio dxi speakers

    Yes the DXI's are rated for marine use. I installed the DXI525 in my RT front and great sound.
    For those who are looking at buy them check out Overstock.com auction
    I only paid $55 total with shipping and tax. They came from Best Buy Outlet and are tested before selling, the looked new to me.

  7. #7
    Senior Member harddrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Livingston TX
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    Are these POLK speakers OK for outdoor (exposure to moisture) use? Looked them up and couldn't tell. I'm not much of an audio tech so appreciate the advise.
    They are marine certified, meaning they are designed for the outdoor elements, but not waterproof...they maybe water resistant...

  8. #8
    Senior Member harddrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Livingston TX
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spydiepig View Post
    Yes the DXI's are rated for marine use. I installed the DXI525 in my RT front and great sound.
    For those who are looking at buy them check out Overstock.com auction
    I only paid $55 total with shipping and tax. They came from Best Buy Outlet and are tested before selling, the looked new to me.
    I agree. I got mine from Cowboom.com, who is also a Best Buy outlet. The speakers are $25 a apair, look to be floor models, and shipping, handling was $20 for the front and rear...I also opted for the 2 year replacement for $9...since they may get wet a lot....

  9. #9
    RT-S PE#0180 frank3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for the feed back. Guess I've got another "MOD" to complete while I'm waiting for all the snow to go away. 2' on the ground now and it just started snowing again this morning with 8 additional inches expected. When is spring expected????????????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •