Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Ask them about the Engine Performance Update that BRP put out on September 28, 2009. That is what I believe the actual name of the update to the update is.
    If it helps anyone, my dealer called it an Engine Performance Optimization Bulletin.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think it's pretty obvious what the intent was with starting this thread. Not to mention it's been clearly stated.

Seems that with some on here you're hanged if you do and hanged if you don't. Too bad.

Sad. I'm outta here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    The dealer is right. The second update that people are talking about is not for other DPS issues but it for the engine issues that some have experienced since getting the first update done. If you aren't having engine surging problems, you shouldn't need the second update.
    Ahhh! Clarity! I love it!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rleathen View Post
    Hey lets look at the bright side of what you point out. These people you have singled out as those who have had problems that have been fixed are spyder lovers who have actually had problems (as you say) and yet still remain very positive about BRP and the spyder. Not a bad attitude if you ask me !!! Better to be an optimist then a pessimist, don't you think ???
    I totally agree with you on a positive attitude, however this thread is nice pointing out all of the owners who are happy with their spyder but when it comes down to hard facts (if one were collecting data), it serves no purpose.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sorry, but this just isn't the way to go about finding out what is happening ----

Most people will respond that they are not having problems--- because most are not.

Better to ask about the problems and if they have been resolved or not.

This is like asking 'who has not had the flu'.
    I disagree....

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I totally agree with you on a positive attitude, however this thread is nice pointing out all of the owners who are happy with their spyder but when it comes down to hard facts (if one were collecting data), it serves no purpose.
    I disagree again... While this isn't going to be sighted as a scientific source for any defininte conclusions, I'd say it has already served the intended purpose.

Certainly the negative (My Spyder has a Problem) posts have gotten plenty of unrestricted mileage on this forum. And I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing.

But with all these problem posts flying all over the place Spyderwolf thought it a good idea to run up the flag to attract non-problematic Spyder posts. This was not designed to resolve any current issues, necessarily, but to give this subject some balance and perspective.

In other words, are things really as bad as they seem lately, is the sky really falling or isn't it?

I'd say it was a good idea. Of course everyone has a different (or better) idea and they are welcome to start their own thread if they like. I think this one is going fine. I, for one, have appreciated the fresh air!

As always, just my .02 and worth less than you paid for it!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-02-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, but this just isn't the way to go about finding out what is happening ----

Most people will respond that they are not having problems--- because most are not.

Better to ask about the problems and if they have been resolved or not.

This is like asking 'who has not had the flu'.
    I am not trying to be negative but like The Fly says, it's not the way to go about finding out what is happening. I do see some in here with NO problems whatsoever which is awesome. Maybe it should be done differently - NO problems/Problems & Rectified/Major Problems

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red 2008 SE5; no problems to date. First update done. Still less than 2000 miles on the machine; only mod done is F1 slider windshield.
    Rory MacDonell, Hastings, Florida

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems to me that there are a bunch of people (the silent majority?) that are coming out of the background to post here. I think that alone justifies the thread.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Keep the posts coming!

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    Seems to me that there are a bunch of people (the silent majority?) that are coming out of the background to post here. I think that alone justifies the thread.
    I ran thru this thread to see how many folks I hadn't seen post before and to see if there were a few I knew. Myself, I have a 2008 SE5 Yellow I bought last July brand new and have put over 4k on it.
    I ryde every chance I get!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think this is a great thread! Folks like me who are busy researching the Spyder get to see all the posts here & it's nice to have something to read that's on a positive note. I own a Harley, and yes they do have issues, just as the Spyder does, but it seems that Lamont is working hard to help out folks with issues where he can. Great thread!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2008 Silver Spyder with approximately 15,000 miles. Have had recalls done. No major problems to report except a slight front end wobble when travelling at light speed.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Nothing--- but what good is sorting through 2,000 posts that everything is fine?

Just makes more sense to have the few hundred that have had problems post about them--- preferably in a poll-type format so the numbers are easy to track.

Just my .02.
    That would work! A poll - definitely. Only thing - it will only cover we who are members of Spyderlovers. I bet there are a ton of Spyder owners who don't come onto this forum that do or do not have any problems. So basically the poll would have to be amongst just us guys.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    If the idea is that only those who never had any problems with the Spyder should post here I'll pull mine.

On the other hand, I've got over 7,000 miles with absolutely no problems which is more than some that have posted here so far.

And the problem I had in the 1st 7600 miles I didn't even know I had so how bad could that really be?

The rest was really pretty minor and easily corrected.
    Ron you need to post everything I don't see anything posted about you having trouble keeping parts on your spyder.

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2008 demo--7500 miles since march of 2009. Never a problem, no updates. Love this machine.
    Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

PE 731, SM5. Only problem was a fan relay that needed replacing. Otherwise is running very well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    PERFECT!

Thanks Lamont!

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I think I am buying a new smart phone tonight so I don't have to wait to view videos since I can't watch them at work! The verizon one looks like fun but I don't want to pay a fee to get out of my Sprint contract right now! HTC Hero here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NO PROBLEMS HERE

HAD 2 UPDATES DONE AND NO PROBLEMS

Spyder Garage

I love this thread! It's not an "Us against Them" thread at all. Cause we're all in this together.

Just a little balance where owners can crow and maybe help pull us out of this low!

Spyder Garage

08 PE edition No unresolved Problems in 12k+ miles
    Last edited by sabunim5; 11-03-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I gotta say it is good to see that the MAJORITY of Spyders are rumming trouble free. Like I said before "90% of complaints are comming from 10% of the people"
    OK some owners have had a few problems but are still very happy with their Spyders.

Best thread I have seen on here for a while

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

08 sm5, First update done 6 weeks ago 11,760 mi. Running great.
    Ron

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

09 SM No Problems at all 1st update done and everything is OK, 2500 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I am not trying to be negative but like The Fly says, it's not the way to go about finding out what is happening. I do see some in here with NO problems whatsoever which is awesome. Maybe it should be done differently - NO problems/Problems & Rectified/Major Problems

I totally get it if this thread is about saying we are happy and problem-free -- I just didn't think it was a good way of collecting useable data.

Lamont had the idea awhile ago to add tag lines onto our signatures saying if we were happy Spyder owners or not.

I think the signature line will work better in the long run to boost morale and let noobs know what the deal is.

To me - the signature lines accomplish the same purpose - but on a broader range.

But just to cover the bases----

I'm a VERY HAPPY 2008 SM5 Premier Edition Spyder owner.

I currently do not have any problems, nor does my Spyder - .

I have had 'issues' with my Spyder - that have been resolved to my satisfaction - some by the dealer - some by me.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!