• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Has anyone found good Hand/Wind protectors for late model RT-L's? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Bluewater

New member
Has anyone found a good hand/wind protector that will fit a '24 RT-L? I ordered a set off Amazon, and while they were a good size, I think the inner clamp would fit the handlebar, BUT the retainer for the outer end had quite a long expandable tube, and the hole in the end of handlebar is only about an inch deep. I didn't want to cut up that tube in case it didn't work, so I returned it. I also have risers under the bars, so my hands are even more up in the wind.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. THX, Glen
 
Thanks for the come back. Those bolts look pretty small for the end of the handlebars. When I remove my end caps it looks about a 1/2 inch bolt thread, although I'm sure it's probably metric. Is that what yours has?
 
Thanks for the come back. Those bolts look pretty small for the end of the handlebars. When I remove my end caps it looks about a 1/2 inch bolt thread, although I'm sure it's probably metric. Is that what yours has?
Yes, they changed the handlebars starting in the 2024 model year. Items made for previous years' won't work.
 
These bolt right on to my 2020 RT handlebars. Throttle-side depth is ~3/8 in but holds fine.
Been on my RT since 2020.
Are there no threads on 24+ bars?
 
A couple of years ago I contacted Hippo Hands and gave them all my Spyder information. They responded with what I would need. There were two items, one was a guard and the other was the mittens.
 
Has anyone found a good hand/wind protector that will fit a '24 RT-L? I ordered a set off Amazon, and while they were a good size, I think the inner clamp would fit the handlebar, BUT the retainer for the outer end had quite a long expandable tube, and the hole in the end of handlebar is only about an inch deep. I didn't want to cut up that tube in case it didn't work, so I returned it. I also have risers under the bars, so my hands are even more up in the wind.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. THX, Glen

Now that I've been reminded of the appropriate name by @AstroTom and @JimH, you could do worse than trying a search on 'Hippo' @Bluewater ;)

If I do the search and try to link to the results page, it won't work/you'll get nothing cos the search parameters won't be transferred with the link, but if you do the search... ;)

The Search icon is up near the top right of the page, click on it (no need for an 'Advanced Search', the standard offering should do the job!), type in 'Hippo', check the 'Search titles only' box, and submit the search! There's only a couple of threads that actually apply, but have a read, there's some good info and a few links/suggestions for alternatives in them. Good Luck! (y)
 
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try that Hippo site. I did pull the end plug yesterday, and a 1/2 inch coarse bolt will screw in, but it fits loose, so I still suspect that it's a metric size. G.
 
Back
Top