My Spyder's not a Ryker, but whenever it's been
my choice, I've basically been running
only Mud & Snow tires on my 2013 RT, ever since waaay back when the OEM
crap... sorry, 'excuses for tires' first wore out, which was only a few thousand km in/about a month or so after buying the RT new! The Nanny has never complained, in fact, if anything, possibly due to where/the surfaces I ride on and maybe a
tiny bit due to my riding style, she generally complains less with the more aggressive and (slightly) taller tires run at an appropriate (lower) pressure for the load than she ever did with the OEM tires; and every now and then, I 'borrow' a set of more recent OEM Wheels to see if that still applies... Last time I checked, it still does!
I run M&S tires (Michelin atm) cos where we are in South Oz, we've got waaay too much in the way of poor quality bitumen, dirt, gravel, &/or muddy roads surrounding us for me to restrict my riding to only those roads & tracks where you can get away with running any less capable tires for long! Besides, we also frequently ride over to the East Coast, specifically the Far South Coast of NSW, usually going thru/over the highest bits of the Snowy Mountains &/or the Vic High Country during our (fairly short and light) snow season here, where you either hafta be running M&S tires (or these days, they generally want to see the '3 Peak Mountain Snowflake' logo on the tires!

) or if not, you hafta carry chains at all times, and then fit said chains whenever signed/directed on any roads above the snow line, and I'm too old and cranky to bother with fitting chains too often these days!
Oh, and we aren't allowed to run studded tires on any public roads in Oz, either, not even if they are mud &/or snow covered!!
