Spyder Garage

Default Visit to LaMonster Garage

Last week I needed a few things done to my 2021 RTL and was able to book an appointment in Nixa Mo. at LaMonsters. It's only about 100 miles from here and offers a service garage and a showroom filled with accessories (like a candy store). I had them do an oil change, laser align and front wheel balance together with installation of front Elka shocks. They were ready when I got there and completed everything quickly while I shopped in the showroom for more stuff (backrest, phone cradle and full size brake pedal.
    Very friendly guys there and I will make it my "go to" place for parts and service--or just to ride up and shop for more stuff that I don't know I need yet .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Leo, you are well on the road to 'get R done'. Lucky you living so close to the Lamonster Garage.

Spyder Garage

You are a lucky dog to be that close to a GOOD shop!!!! See the color of the little guy's face with his thumb in the air? Mine is some where between a blue to green hew!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

We also use LM Garage as our service place.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is Lamont back in the shop yet?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    His last video showed him next to a Triumph/3 in his shop.

And, yes. Have heard no updates from that posting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Yes he is--doing well

Spyder Garage

I also used Lamonster to service my 2019 F3Taround 20000 mi. Bought the Lamonster cup holder, with small bag attached also the insulated vacuum bottle an new rear tire. Excellent job an got it done promptly so I could still make my 200 mi trip home.
    My 28000 mi service was gonna be at the Lamonstet garage but sadly found out they don't do spark plugs. No way will they change spark plugs. But yet they will sell you new stuff but wont fully service my Spyder. Guess I will have to find another cealer.
    2019 F3 t , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whiz11 View Post
    I also used Lamonster to service my 2019 F3Taround 20000 mi. Bought the Lamonster cup holder, with small bag attached also the insulated vacuum bottle an new rear tire. Excellent job an got it done promptly so I could still make my 200 mi trip home.
    My 28000 mi service was gonna be at the Lamonstet garage but sadly found out they don't do spark plugs. No way will they change spark plugs. But yet they will sell you new stuff but wont fully service my Spyder. Guess I will have to find another cealer.
    There are lots of places that “will sell you new stuff but won’t service your Spyder” AT ALL, let alone “fully”, Whiz. Spark plugs are a biiiig job and Lamonster have lots of service customers, so I imagine they have to pick and choose the tasks that will least inconvenience the bulk of their customers. It’s just unfortunate that changing plugs is one of those jobs that can’t be justified.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How far is SyderPops aren't they full service?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    How far is SyderPops aren't they full service?
    Assuming your talking to me... I am in Valley Springs AR. LM Garage is 70 miles N of me. SP is about 180 miles S of me. I have also been to them for service. Both places are great places to service Spyders. Neither is an "official" BRP dealer. No warranty service from them if needed. In two and a half years, so far, so good.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use both Lamonster and Spyderpops for various servicing and products. Both are super friendly places to visit, they know the real meaning of customer service, are extremely efficient, knowledgeable and competent. Lamonster Garage is 90 miles northeast. Spyderpops is 200 southwest. Regardless, the roads are great, the landscape is gorgeous and the ryde time exhilarating!
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry Traveler, I should have been clear, was talking to Whiz, but thanks for your response. Whiz was saying he might have to look for another independent cause LG wouldn't touch his spark plugs.

Spyder Garage

Default LaMonster Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arkyleo View Post
    Last week I needed a few things done to my 2021 RTL and was able to book an appointment in Nixa Mo. at LaMonsters. It's only about 100 miles from here and offers a service garage and a showroom filled with accessories (like a candy store). I had them do an oil change, laser align and front wheel balance together with installation of front Elka shocks. They were ready when I got there and completed everything quickly while I shopped in the showroom for more stuff (backrest, phone cradle and full size brake pedal.
    Very friendly guys there and I will make it my "go to" place for parts and service--or just to ride up and shop for more stuff that I don't know I need yet .
    Need an East Coast location! It would do well..
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Al_lockup View Post
    Need an East Coast location! It would do well..
    Bugger an East Coast location, Al They need an Australian location

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

My wife and I drove a little over 400 miles to get to Lamonster Garage. It was in April and had temperatures in the 40’s. What a wonderful place. Friendly and very efficient. My wife actually went with Joan and got lunch for the four of us. It was just before Lamonster had his transplant. So glad to hear he is dong better. We were all very concerned and remembered him in our prayers. When there we added a drink holder, handlebar risers, grills, Mirror Locks and a Zumo XT. Just getting ready to leave and Lamont said that my rear tire was low. I remember hitting a piece of plywood just north of Springfield. Must have included a nail. So lucky he noticed it. Went to Branson after. Trip was worth every mile.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Bugger an East Coast location, Al They need an Australian location

Pete
    Now that's going for the gold.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Now that's going for the gold.
    We could use one up here on the West Coast of Canada as well!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    There are lots of places that “will sell you new stuff but won’t service your Spyder” AT ALL, let alone “fully”, Whiz. Spark plugs are a biiiig job and Lamonster have lots of service customers, so I imagine they have to pick and choose the tasks that will least inconvenience the bulk of their customers. It’s just unfortunate that changing plugs is one of those jobs that can’t be justified.

Pete
    RE Plug changes...SP told me that the OEM plugs should last about 60K miles, so they did not want to change mine out at 40K. I traded it off at 45K with the original plugs still in it.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

True! I’ve done them, and they take a lot of time. I would not bother with less than 60k. Very time consuming, and expensive. It
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Yes please.

Spyder Garage

We appreciate the miles you folks travel to have us work on your Spyders. It's been a rough year for us but your support has carried us through the dark times. The whole crew had covid while I was in the hospital fighting for my life. That slowed us down for just over a month. Right now I'm fighting my third liver rejection but it's a mild one and we're hoping that the change in meds can help fight the rejection. I head back in for more testing this Thursday and we hope and pray they will find out why this has been such a battle. I'm working half days most of the time and have to limit my exposure to people as I'm at risk of infection. We still love seeing or friends/customers and I hope to be ready for prime time soon. It's been slow going for sure. Thanks again for trusting us to work on your ride.Lamonster