Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RYKER MPG

Spyder Garage

Default RYKER MPG

Anyone know what the gas mileage might be on the Ryker. Has the dealer put up any numbers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In another post Cruzer Joe said 40mpg. I seem to remember watching a video and they calculated the mileage to be about 35mpg. So, I'd guess in the 35-40mpg range for the 900

Spyder Garage

With the engine size and weight of the Ryker, I think 40 is realistic. It's is going to take some field testing once the machines get out and about.

I am guessing lower mileage is going to prevail--due to the "fun" factor--and the tendency to have that throttle busy most of the time.

Time will tell.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's wait until there are some Ryker owners posting about what their fuel mileage is...
    The Dealers will say ANYTHIMG: in order to get you to sign on the dotted line.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Let's wait until there are some Ryker owners posting about what their fuel mileage is...
    The Dealers will say ANYTHIMG: in order to get you to sign on the dotted line.
    Mine has already given me the speech about not believing anything you read on the internet bla bla bla…………...didn't have the heart to tell him I found his website there.

In theory you would think a cvt would give higher mileage by it's very design and operation but yeah unknown variables need a run first.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Gotta remember- Even though the 900 is about 2/3ds of the 1330 it Revs a lot higher to keep the same speed - probably 1,000-1,500 rpms higher for each speed?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're also not too sure about how aerodynamics will play into the equation...

But nobody ever lies on the Internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm sure it will be no different than any other Spyder. It will depend on how you ride. I get better mileage on my GS riding for a long cruise on the highway, versus what I get riding back and forth to work. I don't really worry about what MPG I get, just put gas in it when the light comes on. I'm sure once they start appearing on the road, there will be many posts about what MPG's everyone gets, and who gets more or less. LOL

Spyder Garage

Some Spyders just get better mileage than others. My wife is a much more disciplined rider than I, yet I consistently get 2 or more mpg than her. When we travel together on longer trips, filling up together, she always needs about a half gallon more gas than I do to fill.

That said, milage varies between 30 and 45. The Ryker will be in the same range. Milage will not be a decision point for purchase.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

100% agree.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Mileage won't be a decision maker for me, but if it gets excellent gas mileage it will just be more icing on the cake...and I have a sweet tooth!

Spyder Garage

Anyone that has already been blessed with having a Ryker had the opportunity to check the fuel mileage?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    Anyone that has already been blessed with having a Ryker had the opportunity to check the fuel mileage?
    800 miles on the 900ace 30 mpg

Spyder Garage

Was that all uphill???

Spyder Garage

Most people get wildly varying mileage numbers out of their Spyder. Some will then quote to you the highest reading they got as though it is what they always get. There are so many variables that a person has to be pretty diligent to get a reliable figure. The biggest variable is created by the small fuel tank. And it can be difficult to fill to the same point each time. Add to this that most get fuel long before they are on empty and you have a good deal of potential for an incorrect reading.

I do not seem to be getting great mileage out of my Rally. But it is way too soon to tell.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Most people get wildly varying mileage numbers out of their Spyder. Some will then quote to you the highest reading they got as though it is what they always get. There are so many variables that a person has to be pretty diligent to get a reliable figure. The biggest variable is created by the small fuel tank. And it can be difficult to fill to the same point each time. Add to this that most get fuel long before they are on empty and you have a good deal of potential for an incorrect reading.

I do not seem to be getting great mileage out of my Rally. But it is way too soon to tell.
    My mileage is off of gallons put in tank and miles ridden, I do not look at gas gauge. I always fill to top. Small tank or large tank full is full.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderUSA View Post
    Was that all uphill???
    Houston Texas not many Hill. This is not school zone ridding. I can't ride 55

Spyder Garage

The Ryker is 0nly a 900 and Most have said turns around 5500 rpm at 60 mph while my F3 is about 3700? at 60 so the Higher Rpms are compensating quite a bit for the smaller motor. I can't see how its going to handle better than my F3 which I will ride Saturday and New Years Day as its near 50 both days!!! Ye Ha

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the Ryker will be getting about the same as the 990 Spyders. I know that some of you fuel mileage doesn't matter but to others like me it does matter. I understand that it depends on so many different things however we are able to get an idea of what it's getting. As gvcntx is thinking around 30 and BajaRon doesn't seem to think it's real good tells me a lot especially with BajaRon said as he is riding his in eco mode. I have been having a hard time deciding to purchase a Ryker or F3. I can not get my mind rapped around only getting 30. Yes it's a mind set and I'm not getting over it. If anyone wants to tell me what they think I'm very open to suggestions between the F3 and Ryker

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    Anyone know what the gas mileage might be on the Ryker. Has the dealer put up any numbers.
    Do you mean the manufacturer? Dealers don't usually perform independent testing.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    Sounds like the Ryker will be getting about the same as the 990 Spyders. I know that some of you fuel mileage doesn't matter but to others like me it does matter. I understand that it depends on so many different things however we are able to get an idea of what it's getting. As gvcntx is thinking around 30 and BajaRon doesn't seem to think it's real good tells me a lot especially with BajaRon said as he is riding his in eco mode. I have been having a hard time deciding to purchase a Ryker or F3. I can not get my mode rapped around only getting 30. Yes it's a mind set and I'm not getting over it. If anyone wants to tell me what they think I'm very open to suggestions between the F3 and Ryker
    If gas mileage matters F3 is the highest. On the Ryker out of 6 fill ups: 29.6-28.3-28.3-30.2-29.2-29.2 as you can see I not just guessing. I think it's the high RPMs.

Spyder Garage

The Ryker is new and everyone who owns one is just getting them broken in. The Ryker is pretty light with just a 900 cc motor. Theoretically it should get better mileage. But it's just too early to tell. The Ryker is so much fun it's hard to stay off of the throttle. Plus it really needs to get speed changes to break it in right. None of which lends itself to good mileage.

Once things settle down and someone takes a good highway trip we will get better numbers.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thank you two Ryker owners for your feed back and I do understand what each of you are saying. I'm sure the Ryker is absolutely fun which is something I would enjoy and I'm sure the F3T would also be fun just not as hot rod fun as the Ryker. Unfortunately for me I can only afford one of them and I need it to accomplish the fun factor along with trips as I live in the country and I will travel occasionally. Our local dealer has a Ryker 900 and a F3T I'm going to be test riding back to back tomorrow. Which should help me make my decision. The cost difference between the Ryker Rally and F3T would give me a lot of gas money if I got the Ryker Rally and we do have a lot of dirt roads in Idaho.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    If gas mileage matters F3 is the highest. On the Ryker out of 6 fill ups: 29.6-28.3-28.3-30.2-29.2-29.2 as you can see I not just guessing. I think it's the high RPMs.
    Thanks for relaying your MPG info. Also agree the high RPM's will keep it in the ballpark compared to a F3.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The Ryker is new and everyone who owns one is just getting them broken in. The Ryker is pretty light with just a 900 cc motor. Theoretically it should get better mileage. But it's just too early to tell. The Ryker is so much fun it's hard to stay off of the throttle. Plus it really needs to get speed changes to break it in right. None of which lends itself to good mileage.

Once things settle down and someone takes a good highway trip we will get better numbers.
    So, what your telling us Ron, is you haven't been able to stay out of it to tell us the answer to the question!! Rock on big guy!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl