Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: carry a pistol?

New Stanton, PA (South Western Pennsylvania)
    Spyder Garage

Yes. I carry a 38 and my hubby carries a 45

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I always carry.

Spyder Garage

.45 Sig P220 😊

Spyder Garage

No pistol, but I do carry a couple of blades.....
    lol

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by madjack View Post
    Wow, in this day an age, forgive me but IMHO, those who are unarmed are sheeple. Been riding for 50+ years the last 15 always armed, open carry nothing to hide, proud to be American, it's one of my flags. I have never been questioned by L.O.
    I hear the term "in this day an age" quite often..... and it strikes me as funny because crime continues to go DOWN every decade in our country. So by in 'this day and age' -- you mean when crime is much lower than it was 50 years ago......

I'm sure some won't believe me-- but you can look the data up yourselves on the DOJ or FBI websites. In particular... school crime is way down compared to 50 years ago...... seems the 'good old days' weren't so good after all....

Totally respect the rights of others to carry.... I just have no need to do it myself...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Yep it's in the trunk 99% of the time. I hit a deer, busted up 3 of it's legs( small deer) it "ran" away and I had NO gun to put it out of it's misery!!! Call Cop he finally comes after about 2 hrs. In the meantime the deer is REALLY suffering and the folks who stoped to help didn't have a gun and when they went to a house That person said he didn't have a gun. Loser??? the deer. Suffered too long. Very small cal gun that could have put her out of her missery and it was at HOME!! Now it's in the trunk of bike ( hit deer with RT) and get's moved to truck when I remember. I think it has bullets. obviously not there for MY protection. More often than not I forget it's even there.Probably not the best reason for it to be in bike but sure wish I had it when needed.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

I carried in the military, including in combat. Have never carried as a civilian and haven't found a need to. To each his own.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Yes.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Yep it's in the trunk 99% of the time. I hit a deer, busted up 3 of it's legs( small deer) it "ran" away and I had NO gun to put it out of it's misery!!! Call Cop he finally comes after about 2 hrs. In the meantime the deer is REALLY suffering and the folks who stoped to help didn't have a gun and when they went to a house That person said he didn't have a gun. Loser??? the deer. Suffered too long. Very small cal gun that could have put her out of her missery and it was at HOME!! Now it's in the trunk of bike ( hit deer with RT) and get's moved to truck when I remember. I think it has bullets. obviously not there for MY protection. More often than not I forget it's even there.Probably not the best reason for it to be in bike but sure wish I had it when needed.
    If you ever run me over, just called the medics.lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by viiiball View Post
    You just have to be knowledgeable about the laws in the area where you are carrying. And if you are going to carry then you have the responsibility to educate yourself.

I could not agree more!
    Firearms ownership is a right that carries with it a tremendous responsibility...
    And I DO carry all of the time...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Always Carry

I always Carry. The reason the crime is as low as it is is because more people are carrying than ever before. As Lt.Col Grossman says."There are 3 types of people in this world. Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs". It is everyone's God given Right to be anyone of three you choose to be. The Sheepdogs protect the Sheep from the Wolves. When I drive I don't plan on getting in an accident therefore I should not need airbags or seat belts. The problem is the "Other Guy". I choose to be a Sheepdog cause the Wolves are out there. God forbid I never want to meet one. If I leave home un armed the first thing I do is stand on the porch and say "Bah Bah."

They say "Don't mess with an old guy they'll just kill you." An interesting question. Who can protect you from a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun. Seems simple enough.

As said in earlier posts. I have had all the proper training and continue getting training on an on going basis . Retired Military, Retired LEO and life member at Front Sight. (My wife also). Carrying a Concealed Weapon is a serious responsibility and we don't take it lightly. Just refuse to be a victim.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't usually carry, but if I'm traveling somewhere that is a potential issue, it is with me.

I got my permit about 12 years ago after my 17 year old son, along with my 14 year old son and their 15 year old female cousincousin were held up at gunpoint by a young punk at gunpoint in broad daylight at a busy mall parking lot. When a turd headed punk puts a gun in my sons gut and steals his wallet, gifts and keys next to his car, it made me stop and think about things.
    If this happens to me, I may be prepared to defend myself, and I won't hesitate to use deadly force to protect myself or my loved ones.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dog6 View Post
    I always Carry. The reason the crime is as low as it is is because more people are carrying than ever before. As Lt.Col Grossman says."There are 3 types of people in this world. Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs". It is everyone's God given Right to be anyone of three you choose to be. The Sheepdogs protect the Sheep from the Wolves. When I drive I don't plan on getting in an accident therefore I should not need airbags or seat belts. The problem is the "Other Guy". I choose to be a Sheepdog cause the Wolves are out there. God forbid I never want to meet one. If I leave home un armed the first thing I do is stand on the porch and say "Bah Bah."

They say "Don't mess with an old guy they'll just kill you." An interesting question. Who can protect you from a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun. Seems simple enough.

As said in earlier posts. I have had all the proper training and continue getting training on an on going basis . Retired Military, Retired LEO and life member at Front Sight. (My wife also). Carrying a Concealed Weapon is a serious responsibility and we don't take it lightly. Just refuse to be a victim.
    Well--- I personally find his "Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs" stereotyping of humans to be asinine and ignorant.....as if life is that simple.... . I for one...do not fall specifically into any of those categories --- thank you very much.

As far as crime being lower due to more people carrying.... the stats actually don't show much difference between areas where more carry as compared to areas where people don't.... no real proof either way. I personally believe we've matured as a society.

Agree 100% on proper training... and CONTINUED training. One of my big concerns is guns being easily stolen... you read about it all the time in the paper---- someone's house gets broken into while they are not home and a bunch of guns get stolen......because they weren't locked up..... I just don't get it.. if yer home then obviously you want them loaded and ready to go--- but when you leave---- lock em' up.

Same concern transfers to traveling with them on motorcycle. My one HD buddy didn't have any area he could lock it in... so he had to lock it on one of the other guys bikes with hard bags when we were in areas where you couldn't carry.. on the ferry, while drinking in bars, etc....

On the plus side... and I could see this as a good reason to carry..... new federal laws that have expanded gun owners rights just last year now allow you to carry in the National Parks... and we did come across a momma grizzly and her two cubs.. of course most of what one would carry would just tick her off during a confrontation...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Yes, Here is my "Handgun"...

KeltecFiring.jpg

Spyder Garage

Yup! Don't leave home without it! Florida CWP. Better to have than not. Sounds like we could pretty well protect ourselves if the Indians attacked during a spyder gathering! LOL!
    GUZZI :
    2020 RTL blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme View Post
    I don't usually carry, but if I'm traveling somewhere that is a potential issue, it is with me.

I got my permit about 12 years ago after my 17 year old son, along with my 14 year old son and their 15 year old female cousincousin were held up at gunpoint by a young punk at gunpoint in broad daylight at a busy mall parking lot. When a turd headed punk puts a gun in my sons gut and steals his wallet, gifts and keys next to his car, it made me stop and think about things.
    If this happens to me, I may be prepared to defend myself, and I won't hesitate to use deadly force to protect myself or my loved ones.

Reality is a real eye opener. Sorry this happened to your family.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. He asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance.The lady took out the required information and handed it to him.In with the cards he was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age)to see she had a conceal carry permit. He looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.She responded that she indeed had a .45B automatic in her glove box. Something---body language, or the way she said it---made him want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now he had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a 38 special in her purse.

He then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked him right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!"
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I do. Either a .45 or a 380. Have had a CWL in Texas since they offered it and because of Texas laws, it has reciprosity in most states that allow. Only once have I needed it on my bike and that was several years ago in New Mexico. Merely showing what I had (.45) a truck load of kids left me alone on a road when I had stopped to put on rain gear. I was on my Goldwing at the time.

I travel alot and it just gives me a secure feeling.
    ESCI LED Brake Light, Ram mounts including ATV mount, mug holder and phone/GPS holder. Lamonster's NBV highway brackets. My version of Running Boards, Skid Plate, Bajaron's anti-sway bar, Dual flag bracket and flags. Bad Boy air horn. BRP air deflectors, Non-BRP hitch and USA Minitrailer Nomad, SENA Bluetooth Dongle.

Spyder Garage

I would if I could shot straight but with essential tremors i'd need a shotgun to hit my target and thats hard to carry on a !!
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Default Just goes to show, you can't read a book by it's cover.

Scares the ***** out of me to think of people carrying guns. Albeit, those who post here seem level headed enough.

Unfortunately there are many citizens who are not. For those cases, I am happy living up North in Canada where we don't condone people walking around lawfully carrying firearms. Nor the need to feel as if you require one to protect your family.

I 100% understand there are reasons you carry, I just prefer to live in a world without those reasons.
    More time to enjoy my life without knowing a world of death.

I think I'll go roll one and spend time with loved ones.

Stay safe.

D

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FIREPOWER

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Yes, Here is my "Handgun"...

KeltecFiring.jpg
    NOW YOUR TALKING..........MIKE

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah, but....

"Well--- I personally find his "Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs" stereotyping of humans to be asinine and ignorant.....as if life is that simple.... . I for one...do not fall specifically into any of those categories --- thank you very much. "

While obviously life overall is not that simple, in some situations the analogy does fit. I'm reminded of a time when I was a Captain on NOFD, there was a Lutheran convention in town and a large group of Lutheran teens had volunteered to work in the community cleaning up a ghetto neighborhood. While these kids were busting their a__ picking up garbage and pulling weeds, there was a group of locals, not much older, watching over them and just waiting for one to wander off from the pack. It was like watching a National Geographic special, and the sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs were an obvious comparisom.

Oh, and YES.
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

YES

Spyder Garage

Default Ill join you...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Paisley View Post
    Scares the ***** out of me to think of people carrying guns. Albeit, those who post here seem level headed enough.

Unfortunately there are many citizens who are not. For those cases, I am happy living up North in Canada where we don't condone people walking around lawfully carrying firearms. Nor the need to feel as if you require one to protect your family.

I 100% understand there are reasons you carry, I just prefer to live in a world without those reasons.
    More time to enjoy my life without knowing a world of death.

I think I'll go roll one and spend time with loved ones.

Stay safe.

D
    Exactly my sentiments.

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.