Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default TPM

I have TPM monitors that are made for the can am. They work great and do not cause a balance issue. The company is www.Tpms.ca. There are about two hundred plus shipping.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    I have been using the TireGard Trike system for a couple of years on my RTs. Works great and no tire balance issues. The remote control vibrates if the pressure in a tire drops below the programmed level. I think there are some cheaper systems around but this one is very well made and reliable.

TireGardTrike.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    I have TPM monitors that are made for the can am. They work great and do not cause a balance issue. The company is www.Tpms.ca. There are about two hundred plus shipping.
    One word of caution -- the fine print from both these manufacturers says not to use them with rubber valve stems. For the Canadian outfit Hawkshead (tpms.ca), it's item 14 in their FAQ's. A "chat" with Big Bike Parts (Tiregard) confirmed the same for them -- they don't recommend using with rubber stems. Some of the other manufacturers are more upfront about that recommendation. Doran tells you not to use rubber stems and even provides straight and 90-degree metal valve stems with their systems but I don't know if they would fit on a Spyder.

I've thought of installing these on my RT and my Gold Wing but any even slight possibility of causing premature valve stem failure kind of defeats the purpose.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy_100 View Post
    One word of caution -- the fine print from both these manufacturers says not to use them with rubber valve stems. For the Canadian outfit Hawkshead (tpms.ca), it's item 14 in their FAQ's. A "chat" with Big Bike Parts (Tiregard) confirmed the same for them -- they don't recommend using with rubber stems. Some of the other manufacturers are more upfront about that recommendation. Doran tells you not to use rubber stems and even provides straight and 90-degree metal valve stems with their systems but I don't know if they would fit on a Spyder.

I've thought of installing these on my RT and my Gold Wing but any even slight possibility of causing premature valve stem failure kind of defeats the purpose.
    I have used these on 2 RTs so far for nearly 3 years with no sign of any problem. Maybe if the tires had significantly longer life it might be a concern.
    I suspect the warnings are mostly a disclaimer to protect the seller.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have only had mine on for 4 months now with no problem.
    15 rt , yes Black