Spyder Garage

Default gel cushion info needed for 22RT Please

I bought the utopia backrest for my 22RT I need it to give me most support to lower back but wont go low enough. I was wondering if anyone tried these from saddle man or may know of other good one. Im thinking just lifting me up a little will help. https://saddlemen.com/saddlegel-gel-seat-comfort-pads-1 suggestions ?? thanks all
    2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Talk to Motorcycle Dave, one of our Sponsors here. Just click on his logo on the Home page or on his username alongside any of his posts. I doubt you'll get any 'better' result (or price?! ) elsewhere, and Dave supports the Forum too.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I go along with Peter Aawen......MotorcycleDave is topnotch to deal with and does medical grade upholstery work. He may just have the perfect solution for you. Talk to him BEFORE you decide to try something else.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I actually just got a Butt Buffer (large) in today for a trip I'm taking end of the week and like how it feels. I had tried an air hawk previously but didn't care for it (at various air fill volumes) and returned it - it chafed a bit on my legs and I felt like I moved around too much. I plan on putting a sheepskin on top of the butt buffer (should arrive in a couple of days). The butt buffer definitely raised me up about 3/8-1/2" or so.

Spyder Garage

Default Wild-Ass and Mysty Mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by budvoss View Post
    I bought the utopia backrest for my 22RT I need it to give me most support to lower back but wont go low enough. I was wondering if anyone tried these from saddle man or may know of other good one. Im thinking just lifting me up a little will help. https://saddlemen.com/saddlegel-gel-seat-comfort-pads-1 suggestions ?? thanks all
    I use a Wild-Ass seat cushion (very well made and very comfortable) - along with a Misty Mountain Sheepskin cover. I was told the sheepskin would keep me warmer in the cool weather and cooler in the hot weather. I thought no way. To my surprise, I love it in all weather. Only downside is it blocks some of the heat from the seat heater. If my wife really wants more heat, she just flips the back of the cover forward (but she rarely needs to do that). I like the combination because it I'm tall and it raises me a bit.

RTL.jpg
    Last edited by Drwerner; 05-22-2023 at 08:52 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I use the Air hawk seat cushion covered with a Misty Mountain sheepskin seat cover on my Spyder.
    I find the combo to be comfortable for me..I have a small butt not much cushion back there. ☺️
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by javajaws View Post
    I actually just got a Butt Buffer (large) in today for a trip I'm taking end of the week and like how it feels. I had tried an air hawk previously but didn't care for it (at various air fill volumes) and returned it - it chafed a bit on my legs and I felt like I moved around too much. I plan on putting a sheepskin on top of the butt buffer (should arrive in a couple of days). The butt buffer definitely raised me up about 3/8-1/2" or so.
    I have the butt buffer, make sure you cover it in the sun or put in the trunk it gets hot enough to burn you... trust me I learned the hard way and through a pair of Carhartt jeans no less.