Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

My GL1800 pressures changed constantly also.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    If my FOFO's are not lying to me, my tire pressures are constantly in flux due to many ambient influences. During a 200 mile Sunday ride over cold mountain passes and down into warm valleys and along twisty river gorges, my tire pressures constantly change. But, the tires ride well and hang onto the corners and there are no signs of them cupping. Buy quality car tires keep them properly inflated and that should be the least of your worries. Enjoy the ride. Bladder pressure ranks higher than tire pressure if you know what I mean. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    My GL1800 pressures changed constantly also.
    So do mine - and so should EVERYONE's!

Part of the reason for starting your front tire pressures out at a close to equal 'cold start' pressure is so that they will remain fairly close to each other in pressure once the tires have warmed up to their optimal operating temp (which should see an increase of about 4psi after an hour's ride ) and then vary a little as you ride/drive on, simply because they DO heat up & cool down continuously in response to the changing conditions & demands placed upon them.... But once they've done that initial 'warm up', any ongoing pressure changes should be 'fairly slight' or even 'minor', so that they remain reasonably close to their initially achieved 'optimal operating temp'!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-03-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I use the same pressure gauge that I’ve used for 15 years and it works just great. 18 in the front 28 in the rear. Works out perfect for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    This is what I use, allows inflation, deflation, digital read out, easy push to connect and almost no loss pressure at disconnect. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Al in Kazoo
    That's what I ended up ordering, but with more accessories and smaller range of the guage.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hoginedgewood View Post
    Guages are most accurate when used in the middle of their range. So a 120# tire guage is not what I prefer for the front tires. Wondering what works good for you.
    see below: digital works best for me Also having the quietest air compressor is a joy!
    79B7160C-468F-4193-886C-3B037950BE57.jpg

46FAA82A-F249-40AB-A7D4-2F19B8DACFD7.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    This is what I use, allows inflation, deflation, digital read out, easy push to connect and almost no loss pressure at disconnect. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Al in Kazoo
    I notice that most digital gauges mounted as part of an inflator have ranges of 0-200 psi or so. Are digital gauges more linear across their range than analog dial gauges?
    2014 RTL Platinum