Spyder Garage

Default How do you mount your phone to the Spyder?

I have a 2011 RT Spyder and I am wondering for those who do, where do you mount your phone on the bike? The handlebars on the Spyder are huge and none of the motorcycle mounts I've used in the past to mount phones to the handlebar will fit. Is there some special mount that you guys use for the handlebar or do you use some other methods? Can you buy such mounts on Amazon or eBay?

Thanks for your insights!

Spyder Garage

Hi TouringRider, I got a Tackform mount from Motorcyle Dave, works great. Check it out on youtube.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I have this: https://www.amazon.com/Techmount-4-T...QQPC2BY1FV42PQ

It works great for me. Mounts in the center where the handlebars attach and hold the phone tight. I can attach the USB cable easily - I have a 2017 F3 Limited

Jim

Spyder Garage

I have used Ram Mounts for years on many bikes and with a suction mount in the car/truck. The first thing I made for the 2018 RTL was a mount that goes between the bars just above the switches. I used a few longer bolts and some stainless spacers from Lowes, a bridge cut out of a piece of angle iron I painted black and a Ram Ball. After I made it I found out about Lamonster Garage and saw a mount just like it for sale.

I also have a Spyder Cuff with Ram balls attached to it. For power I have a 2 USB rocker switch outlet between the bars and a cigarette lighter outlet on the Cuff. I use a Ram Quick Grip to hold the phone. Pics below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

I use a JT style dash rack I made. A vender here sells one. With a RAM ball , x-grip and medium extension it is up high and I don't have to take my eyes so far off the road.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Recently added this to my 2016 ST-S and am completely satisfied...
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...-rs-lamonster/

Next will be this...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Ram mount, and X-Grip on a dash mount
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I switch on airplane mode so it can't take any calls or messages and zip it up in a jacket pocket. They can call back when I ain't out riding.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I use the GPS and other tracking apps when I ride with my other other Bikes, along with Bluetooth and music listening, and I'd like to do the same when riding the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Has anybody found a way to mount a phone on an RTL that has the factory Garmin Gps in the middle that doesn't involve using the Spydercuff or putting it on top of the dash where my 3 pouches are.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

I use the Techmount and love it. Had the X-Grip but like the Techmount better.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I plug it into the socket in the frunk and have absolutely nothing to do with it while riding. I ignore incoming calls on the road and check or make outgoing at stops.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have spyder cuff and ram mounts With x grip works well with wifes phone hits my photo button I have 300 photos of white lines. Point being make sure holder mates well with phone. Just saying . Safe travels

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    Has anybody found a way to mount a phone on an RTL that has the factory Garmin Gps in the middle that doesn't involve using the Spydercuff or putting it on top of the dash where my 3 pouches are.
    I use a bracket that attaches to the two bolts on top of the dash. It comes with RAM style ball mounts so you can mount almost anything. I replaced the hard plastic balls with RAM rubber ones and use RAM X-Grip with stem and routed power cord up thru center windshield mount and behind one headlight. I got the cord & USB extension cable from Lamonster. I got the dash bracket from Tric LED.

fullsizeoutput_11ea.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I plug it into the socket in the frunk and have absolutely nothing to do with it while riding. I ignore incoming calls on the road and check or make outgoing at stops.
    I do much the same, but instead of putting my phone in the frunk it's in the phone pocket of my vest or jacket! So it's mounted on the Spyder every time I'm aboard & I never accidentally (or forgetfully) leavit there when I walk away! And on the odd occasion that I'm expecting an important call while I'm out ryding, I bluetooth it to my UClear headset & the speakers on/in my helmet & use voice control to do whatever I might need to do..... and I have a very good call screening service!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

IMG_20190519_212120.jpg
    This is the setup I use. I had it installed at Pitbull in Bolivar.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Ryde or talk on the phone. Can't do both. Same with texting, can't ryde and text. I think that was said earlier in the post. Just want to re-iterate. My phone is in the rear luggage box though it is on so my friend can track where I am.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    I have an RTL and I Mount my phone to the handle bars near the switches with 2 hose clamps to hold the 2 ball ram mount to the bars, then a ram x mount to hold the phone.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Tackform mount from Dave. 100%! I just wrote a review and posted BTW on RT you can get a really nice curved mounting bar (i think from lamonster.com?) for $50 that bolts to the two bolts on the upper dash, to mount RAM ball stuff to. This was one of the first things I got, GPS, phone, dash cam all there. Comes with couple 1" RAM balls that screw in it. Then you get the clamps on Amazon in the length you need (usually 4" works for me).

Spyder Garage

ANother option is the one from canamspyderaccessories.com that replaces one bolt in the handle bars. I have this on my RT, with the Tackform grip. Just order it without the XGrip. I use this mount also because the wife likes it there. I personally prefer the dash mount so the phone i up high, don't have to look down so far. Depends on your height I guess, I'm 6'5" and she is 5' nothing

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have an F3 went, cheap, secure, convenient, simple, fast dismount if rain starts. Don't over think , popsocket
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

<deleted>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    Tackform mount from Dave. 100%! I just wrote a review and posted BTW on RT you can get a really nice curved mounting bar (i think from lamonster.com?) for $50 that bolts to the two bolts on the upper dash, to mount RAM ball stuff to. This was one of the first things I got, GPS, phone, dash cam all there. Comes with couple 1" RAM balls that screw in it. Then you get the clamps on Amazon in the length you need (usually 4" works for me).
    Thanks for the info.. Could you provide a link to that curved mounting bar? I tried to look on-line on Lamonstergarage, (only phone) and I am not seeing it there). Also could you provide me a link to your review if possibile of the other mount?

Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TouringRider View Post
    I have a 2011 RT Spyder and I am wondering for those who do, where do you mount your phone on the bike? The handlebars on the Spyder are huge and none of the motorcycle mounts I've used in the past to mount phones to the handlebar will fit. Is there some special mount that you guys use for the handlebar or do you use some other methods? Can you buy such mounts on Amazon or eBay?

Thanks for your insights!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $35
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have a new 2018 RTL. I installed a techmount made specifically for the spyder https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and this phone holder also made by techmount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I ran a usb cable from the frunk to the mount (came out the switch cover plate next to the fog light switch. This works great. I use the brp system, but have control of the phone and can get my xm radio, look at my weather radar app and do most everything but still go back to the brp system where I left off. Kind of have the best of both worlds.