Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

You have an extensive catalog of music. I can see why control is important to skip, replay, pause etc.
    So, the real question is do you want to connect to your device to access your library and possibly somewhat improved sound quality or to have the ability to control your device?

I don't think BRP will be updating anything specifically to your interests any time soon unless there is reasonable demand and $ to me made. As others have already noted, BRP Connect/Go has been a sore spot for many. Trying to connect devices and utilize that package can be quite aggravating, but bluetooth does work without using the app or cable.
    I connected my phone via the cable and app when I first tried using it b/c that is how things are described to connect. However, that was very short lived. I never connect the cable or launch the app to connect to phone anymore.

Even though you don't want to take this route, connecting your phone is probably the most viable option for what you want. You can always copy some of your music to a SD card and install it on your phone. Then, play over bluetooth. If you concern is that you don't want to deal with calls and texts while riding, turn on your do not disturb feature.

I'm not sure about this high end mp3 player that you referenced, but high end doesn't mean it will work with everything. Some things are proprietary and that in and of itself can be a problem.

Any way, I hope you find a solution or reasonable compromise for your music needs. I'd guess you're not the only 1 looking to solve this. It's just a matter of time before it happens.

Spyder Garage

Harley, BMW, Honda from the factory have much better infotainment systems (music and GPS) and easy but costly upgrades, why can't BRP offer the same type of systems? BRP connect / Go is not up to current standards.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2022 at 08:09 AM. Reason: .'s & ,'s ;-)
    2019 F3 limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
    I'm going to take a different route here. My 21 RT-L has no issues connecting anything to the system, regardless of the BRP software installed.
    I have been running a Sena HM5 Bluetooth helmet rig for several years, it connects to the bike as well.

OP, your issue MIGHT be in your high-end MP3 player. I would investigate the manufacturer's website and look into updating the firmware. This may make minor corrections to the software that allows it to connect. The BRP software should not be an issue.

--Exco
    Try connecting the Zumo XT to your 2021 RTL. If you can get that to work straight to BRP connect without the AUX BT adapter then you have a Unicorn RTL.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

I am quite happy using my phone. No BRP Go app required. I use a data blocker in the USB Port so it only charges the phone. If you can hear or care about the difference cruising along between a phone and a high end MP3 player you must have seriously upgrade the stock system.

Spyder Garage

I traded in my 16 F3T with no stereo for my 18 F3L with stereo because i have always wanted a bike with a sound system.

Well, the sound\speakers suck so bad, I haven't turned mine on in a year. I use noise cancelling ear buds until I get the time to take the bike somewhere and beef it up with good sounding speakers.

BRP makes some crappy sound systems.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Escorial View Post
    Please read my post, I do not want to use my cell. I listen to music period, and use a very high end media player that no phone would ever come close to.

Library yes I have my own and 512gb is quite a lot of music. Im planning on moving up to a 1 terrabyte Astell and Kern SR 25

Again it's really ashame that BRP forces this garbage on the consumer (especially this day and age), when I started looking at these bikes and noticed they claimed they were Bluetooth compatible it was a big plus for myself.

Had I know it was this garbage seriously may have taken a pass on buying one.

When I'm riding the last thing I want is to have my cell on for any reason.

That is just myself Andi like my tunes
    I 100% agree with you! BRP electronics for music is straight from the STONE AGES!

Spyder Garage

I use my phone for music via Bluetooth. I have a large large library of music but all my music is stored on my server at home and stream it or download the music I want to listen too if I will be in a no service area. I do this using a Plex Server and Plex Amp on my phone. As for the audio on the bike, it is not bad on my 21 RTL. If you adjust your fader to bring up the rears a bit the sound is better.

As for the connection issue, how do you know it is a BRP issue and not your player? I have had no issues using Bluetooth with both of our RTLs. You do not need to use BRP Go to connect to Bluetooth. BRP Go is used to connect the phone apps to the dash.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

My Sena Impulse (50 series) connects perfectly fine to the BRP system, so does my Garmin XT, and Cardo Packtalk Bold Slim when I’m running my Shoei helmet. I’m curious why you cannot. I have a 2021

2021 Sea to Sky
    2020 600 , gloss black

Spyder Garage

Not sure if this helps but version 50.1 of the dash cluster is out. I just update our two 21 RTL but can't find any info on what was fixed/updated.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I just bought a Monster bluetooth FM transmitter. Works like a charm. My phone's audio, including Google Maps directions, plays through the Spyder speakers. I think it was about $15 at Wal-Mart. Plugs into the 12V socket in the trunk so it is close to the antenna. It provides USB support, also, along with playing music from a micro-SD card.

I can't answer the phone, but I do not get many phone calls while I'm riding. They can leave a message if it is important.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-B...3?athbdg=L1600
    2012 Blue Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I just bought a Monster bluetooth FM transmitter. Works like a charm.
    I think you just skinned that cat!
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Again phone vs dedicated high end player really hasn't much of a comparison,mine at date is 512 gigs and am planning on updation to a 1tb + player soon.

I understand it's apples and oranges but at this time and date the BRP is really a sad excuse especially giving you the only option of being forced to use a phone w the software.

A little off course here but I wonder what other info is being tracked and fed back the BRP?

The stock sound system is not that bad and I really would like to enjoy the use of my other Bluetooth devices like most vehicles have had going back well past 2016.

It's all good. Just a vent and I really wish I knew about this prior to the bike purchase. I really like my music and when riding the phone is turned off.

Spyder Garage

I use a open helmet and prefer speakers, if I'm in the back roads my helmet is off. My preference .

Spyder Garage

My Garmin and player works just fine on my other vehicles as well as my gf cars. My phone will not even show up unless the BRP software is installed. Don't know if my 2020 is different then the newer ones.

I did write BRP and was told cell must have there software installed.

I tried to install it on the Garmin as well as my audio player and that it is not possible..

Spyder Garage

Try writing them asking questions about it, the replies are totally unhelpful.

Spyder Garage

To me this is a huge negative to the audio system, I use a pretty high end bluetooth APTX mp3 player and it really sucks that it cannot be connected to the audio system. Sure wired is ok but having bluetooth and use of the remote functions would really be nice as well as being able to store the player anywhere I want on the bike would be good also.

My Astell and Kern AK70 mkII 512gb will not let me install the can am software on it and also I believe the same goes for my Garmin.

Same goes with my Garmin XT as well as also using bluetooth helmets.

Just having to use my cell and the Cam Am proprietary software is really a drag.

Anybody think that a simple software upgrade from Can Am could fix this? I would gladly pay for it.

Any thoughts
    By my rough calculations, 512gb would translate into about 3,500 hours of music. Do you really need to bring all that music with you all the time?
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 04-07-2022 at 08:28 PM.
    2012 Blue Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My Garmin and player works just fine on my other vehicles as well as my gf cars. My phone will not even show up unless the BRP software is installed.
    IMO, Escorial, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of Bluetooth. BT is a communications system, i.e., a method to move data from one device to another. It is nothing more, nothing less. Think of it as simply a replacement for a physical wire connecting two devices. But that is only 1/2 of the equation. The other half is the program at the sending end that collects and organizes the data and the program at the receiving end that takes the data and deciphers it into a usable format. In the case of BRP Connect, or Go as it is called now, the Go app on the phone takes the various sources of data such as phone operations and audio broadcasting and converts them into a format the Go app on the Spyder can interpret, and then sends them to the Spyder. That's why you have to have the Go app on your phone. It is not strictly a case of Bluetooth incompatibility, or failure to implement the latest BT protocols. It is a case of data handling incompatibility. I'm sure that's what you are seeing with your player. Although you may be seeing an incompatibility in the specific BT transmission protocols used by your player and BRP Go. If I recall correctly from the website for your player they use a version of BT that is intended to transmit data in a very high fidelity format. As I said earlier, probably no one other than you is expecting to hear super high fidelity audio played over the Spyder system. Since it won't be used, why build it in, especially if there are licensing fees involved. In addition, BRP wants to restrict for safety how much the rider can fiddle around with his/her phone while riding, much more so than a car manufacturer does. To do that they implemented a software, (data handling) system that requires significant control over the data.

My Samsung phone connects quite nicely to my Lenovo laptop but it will not transfer photo files from the phone to the laptop. Apparently there have been changes in the format of the data the newer phone sends that the laptop cannot interpret. But as I say, there is a very good BT pairing between them. My Samsung tablet will not connect to my 2016 Nissan Maxima. I think there is a lot more incompatibility among BT devices than what you have experienced.

Don't forget, there really are proprietary versions of some BT protocols. For example, it's my understanding that Sena group communication protocol will not connect to Scala group communication protocol. But they are both BT. Sure, it would be nice if they both used the same protocol for compatibility, but that isn't the capitalistic way.

If you think about what you're dealing with in terms of two separate aspects, transmission and data processing, I think you'll gain a better appreciation for the cause of your frustration.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I use a open helmet and prefer speakers, if I'm in the back roads my helmet is off. My preference .

~~~I know how you feel. I wear a half helmet the majority of the time riding my 21’ RT Limited and I like to turn the volume up while riding. The stock speakers and radio aren’t bad at all IMNSHO

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

You know that thought had crossed my mind more and more every time I think about this crud Bluetooth.

The only way so far to get my phone to work w/o the app was to uninstall the APK w/o uninstalling the Bluetooth connection. It does work but I get some type of error or warning.

If it was like most all newer Bluetooth vehicles I should be able to pair any bt device w/o being forced to go through my cell.

Life would be great to pop on my Garmin zumo xt or audio player and enjoy it.

I pray a that a software update from BRP could fix all this.Most of the tech is above me but being able to use my cell w the BRP uninstalled may be a positive?

Spyder Garage

Of course it has Bluetooth, it's aptx and use it daily in my car