Thread: ECU Flash

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    But Fat'n, you coulda had yours done by Jase at ECU Xtreme just down the road on the Gold Coast..... woulda been back a helluva lot quicker, & a whole lot easier to get any upgrades or fine -tuning done!! (And arguably a whooole lot better too! )
    Mate that's what I was originally aiming and planning for …. that is until I found out he is over $200 AUD more expensive than everything combined including freight to and from Canada to Monster return for his 'service'

Then add atop that … shipping both ways up and back from the Coast and that's bloody ridiculous … Pretty much all up better than about $250 AUD CHEAPER for me to send it return INTERNATIONALLY to Canada ...so where's the sense in that?

I don't need or want to support the local bloke when he's bending me (us) all over a barrel just because he can …

I cannot get over the greed factor that's come and coming over our country top to bottom in the last 10 or 15 years just because people recon they can … Its like everyone wants and has to be a millionaire yesterday and BTW all before they are 40 years of age or so. I expect to pay for a quality job but that's just plain greed and BS

Mate as for better … dunno … we would have to compare apples with apples but I am very, very impressed with what I received back from Monster … Goes like stink (if I want it too) great fuel economy, no more dead spots … and still not been quite game enough to explore the 'nether regions' of giving it a gutt full!
    Last edited by fatenhappy; 07-06-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatenhappy View Post

I don't need or want to support the local bloke when he's bending me (us) all over a barrel just because he can …
    That’s an interesting perspective, Faten. Having recently dealt with Jason, I would have to say that ripping us off “because he can” is not part of his makeup. I assume you are privy to exactly what goes into Jason’s costs and Monster’s costs for setting up their particular aftermarket tune, otherwise your claims would be unjustified (and a bit naughty).

I don’t know about others who have used Jason’s services, but I most certainly do not feel that I have, in any way, shape or form, been bent over a barrel, so please don’t include me in the “(us) all” that you have used in your sentence above.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Monster Fuel Injection 😎👍

I’ve had the Monster Fuel Injection flash done and after a few hundred miles I’d say it was money well spent.. My only hesitation to have this done was to have the stage 2 update in place because I didn’t want to ship back and forth and I also have been working on a cold air intake..
    Glad I waited for the stage 2 and this thing rips!!!
    It was a pleasure to work with Steve and like many have said before:: This is how they should run to begin with!!
    Best upgrade / Bang for buck of anything so far..
    BTW I have a 2015 F3s SM6

Spyder Garage

Default BUMP

​BUMP

Spyder Garage

I don't see a stage 2 listed on Monster's site. Where do you find that?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amcvay1979 View Post
    I don't see a stage 2 listed on Monster's site. Where do you find that?
    You have to talk to Steve / call or email.. Great people to deal with 😎
    I’m one of the testers..

Spyder Garage

Default stage two kit

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    You have to talk to Steve / call or email.. Great people to deal with 😎
    I’m one of the testers..
    I believe stage two is a complete kit. Air intake kit, pipe configuration and a flash. There was also a stage 3 TURBO kit just about out?? Basically it just transforms parts from the See-Doo Turbo motors to fit our motor.
    I just am thrilled at the total hot rod my F3L is after the basic flash. Why anyone wouldn't want 25% more performance across the entire rpm rang for the price yet spend the same money on a cat delete that robs power is beyond me? The basic flash delivers this on a totally stock bike, no other mods required.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Default Louisville what’s up?

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    ​BUMP
    I live in Louisville also, have you had it done? By who? Where do you get your service done?
    thanks
    Ben

Spyder Garage

Default Lou. Ky

[Just got mine a month ago. Have a VFC III on my Victory Vision & a variable timing disk, so I was wondering how the 2013 RT L would do. Looks like a flash requires the use of 91 octane. I want to stay with 87. Sure it could do a few degrees and still burn 87. Rick in PRP

QUOTE=Benmannino;1400028]I live in Louisville also, have you had it done? By who? Where do you get your service done?
    thanks
    Ben[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Default I use 87

Here goes the octane controversy, I have the monster flash. I have TESTED all fuels available with my testing of the original flashes with monster fuel. I disagree with monster fuel and most forum members. MY 30 years of dyno results on performance cycles and my spyder have proven to me that the best performance fuel is FRESH 87 octane. Consistently on a base line of 100 hp there is proven dyno hp increase of 4 hp with 87 octane vs. higher octane fuels. On my race bikes at the track that is real power i can feel in critical areas of the race track.
    I have used 87 octane for 12,000 miles on my current flashed F3L.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    [Just got mine a month ago. Have a VFC III on my Victory Vision & a variable timing disk, so I was wondering how the 2013 RT L would do. Looks like a flash requires the use of 91 octane. I want to stay with 87. Sure it could do a few degrees and still burn 87. Rick in PRP

QUOTE=Benmannino;1400028]I live in Louisville also, have you had it done? By who? Where do you get your service done?
    thanks
    Ben
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Dennis in Lodi; 10-29-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    I’ve had the Monster Fuel Injection flash done and after a few hundred miles I’d say it was money well spent.. My only hesitation to have this done was to have the stage 2 update in place because I didn’t want to ship back and forth and I also have been working on a cold air intake..
    Glad I waited for the stage 2 and this thing rips!!!
    It was a pleasure to work with Steve and like many have said before:: This is how they should run to begin with!!
    Best upgrade / Bang for buck of anything so far..
    BTW I have a 2015 F3s SM6

How did you pay them? Did you send in the ECU and cover first, or did you have to pay them first? I'm thinking of having mine done too.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

they send you bill email cc or pay pal

Spyder Garage

I had a DESS error today at the gas station. I hope it is not related to the flash.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I had a DESS error today at the gas station. I hope it is not related to the flash.
    Nope - they are very separate things …… I just posted to " HayRog " about the DESS issue …. I think you still have the warranty ??? …. if so the dealer must fix it ….. hopefully this season …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheSpyderRyder View Post
    How did you pay them? Did you send in the ECU and cover first, or did you have to pay them first? I'm thinking of having mine done too.
    I payed with paypal threw the Wick- it site. 391.50 plus return shipping came out to 411.50 for stage 1. Download and print the form from Monster power and fill it out to ship out with your ecu. 123.00 more for stage 2
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheSpyderRyder View Post
    I paid through their website..
    Still ONE VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER HERE!!

Spyder Garage

The reason I thought it might be related to the flash is because I chose to keep the stock Push mode button to start option, but it starts anyway without pushing mode but you still need to push it to clear the screen to see the speedometer. I messaged James Thorne and he assured me they are not related.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

The stage 2 air box lid mod is simply 2 holes about 3/4 to 1" in dia. With the top of the air filter in the way it doesn't seem like it would make much air flow.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatenhappy View Post
    Mate that's what I was originally aiming and planning for …. that is until I found out he is over $200 AUD more expensive than everything combined including freight to and from Canada to Monster return for his 'service'

Then add atop that … shipping both ways up and back from the Coast and that's bloody ridiculous … Pretty much all up better than about $250 AUD CHEAPER for me to send it return INTERNATIONALLY to Canada ...so where's the sense in that?

I cannot get over the greed factor that's come and coming over our country top to bottom in the last 10 or 15 years just because people recon they can … Its like everyone wants and has to be a millionaire yesterday and BTW all before they are 40 years of age or so. I expect to pay for a quality job but that's just plain greed and BS

Mate as for better … dunno … we would have to compare apples with apples but I am very, very impressed with what I received back from Monster … Goes like stink (if I want it too) great fuel economy, no more dead spots … and still not been quite game enough to explore the 'nether regions' of giving it a gutt full!

I have to agree with you on this mate. I also won't support the greedy local guy or any other business charging over the top, & the number of company's that do charge fairly is almost non existent. Almost all of Australian businesses are " ADDICTED TO THE MYTH OF PERPETUAL GROWTH AND ENDLESS PROFIT".