Spyder Garage

Default Cluster update 2018 F3T

My 2018 F3T came out of the crate in September 2018. I noticed soon after I bought it that the "auto volume " feature on the audio system did not work. And yes I know how to set it. IT DID NOT WORK. I had the cluster update installed yesterday and now it works great. Not sure what else was changed yet but I sure am happy that now when I pull up to a stop light everyone doesn't have to roll up their windows!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by k8sdad View Post
    My 2018 F3T came out of the crate in September 2018. I noticed soon after I bought it that the "auto volume " feature on the audio system did not work. And yes I know how to set it. IT DID NOT WORK. I had the cluster update installed yesterday and now it works great. Not sure what else was changed yet but I sure am happy that now when I pull up to a stop light everyone doesn't have to roll up their windows!
    I had the same experience after my 2018 RTL was updated to v20.8, when it was in for the 3k service. Before, there was hardly enough audio to hear the XM radio at highway speeds. Now with the ambient auto volume on, I actually have to turn down the volume. However, even with the volume set all the way up there is almost no distortion. I am very impressed with the quality of the BRP 6 speaker audio system with the firmware update.

Spyder Garage

Had my 20.8 update done today. Stereo is louder and sounds better. Has miles to empty. Haven't confirmed anything else yet.
    Update. Aux and FM has bluetooth to helmet. Sounds great. Antenna could be better. Get out of the city it's not good.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I thought maybe I was crazy when I saw distance to empty. Didn't remember it being there before. Another question is what is the audio cable for? So far, phone, IPOD etc even after the update has barely enough volume to listen in the garage, let alone enough to hear while riding. I do not use blue tooth as I blue tooth to sena to helmet. A friend says it's because the jack in my samsung S7 is only enough power for ear buds. same with IPOD. So what device actually works with it?

Spyder Garage

I assume your talking about Aux cable. My Samsung phone I couldn't get to work on it. I used my Walkman player. It was loud enough from bike speakers and my helmet speakers. But the bluetooth is much better which is what I use. Make sure your volume on your device is at max.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue