Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I think you should get more miles on your machine (and read more about how it works)...
    How many miles does it take to see the things BURP isn't up with or doing for US the buyer. As for reading? The manual that came with my 2018 RT is so limited on anything that's why I am here. Should I have to scrape forums to find answers to how things work on my 28K$ bike? I don't think so.

Some people already know the answers. I'm glad you are here........

Thanks "most" everyone for your input and the constructive/informative answers. That's how we learn.........
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi Ride2GetHigh,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us!

We will most definitely forward your comments to the appropriate department for consideration.

Regarding your comment #3;

BRP does not garanty compatibilty with every headset brand. The current list of supported headset is:
    • SENA SMH10
    • SENA 20S
    • Nolan N-Com B3
    • Nolan N-Com B5
    Headset not included in this list can still be used but it could happen that some headset are not compatible. To help avoid any compatibility issues, always ensure the latest software is installed.

Regarding your comment #8 & 9;

The following are links that contain videos and a list of FAQ's explaining the new display technology and BRP Connect and Audio.

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/techno...echnology.html

https://can-am.brp.com/content/canam...p-connect.html

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at brp.care@brp.com

Please ensure to copy and paste this conversation in your email to ensure we have all the necessary history relating to this conversation.

Best,

Karine, BRP-Care

Karine, I got out a pair of sena 20s headsets and paired it to the RT radio, set the speakers to headset and NOTHING. The sound out put never mutes like it would do if I was playing music from my phone. The minute it pairs the audio goes to the head set. Not so with the can am radio. And yes I would also like AM broadcast radio.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rvanbeek View Post
    Karine, I got out a pair of sena 20s headsets and paired it to the RT radio, set the speakers to headset and NOTHING. The sound out put never mutes like it would do if I was playing music from my phone. The minute it pairs the audio goes to the head set. Not so with the can am radio. And yes I would also like AM broadcast radio.
    @rvanbeek
    I'm not ready to support what Burp has to say about their fantastic BT connection system but.........I would suggest you make sure like I did that you have the latest firmware on BOTH the RT and the Sena (and I don't believe the firmware update on the RT did anything for BT). I have updated both but doesn't make a difference with the SMH5 (Burps issue I've been told). Now with the 20s Burp says they support it. Yea.......

Problem is Burp makes a big deal out of their BRP Connect, using apps you have to pay for and put your phone in the Frunk. That part I won't support.......
    John

Spyder Garage

Add to list **** fix the D.E.S.S.****.

I have a 2014RTS-SE6 and I have had the D.E.S.S. module replaced twice, and the ignition Switch replaced once back in 2015. These were both under warranty, and the dealership opened up a case with BRP.

Also, I started the thread" D.E.S.S. KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it has 29 pages and counting of information.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride2GetHigh View Post
    @rvanbeek
    I'm not ready to support what Burp has to say about their fantastic BT connection system but.........I would suggest you make sure like I did that you have the latest firmware on BOTH the RT and the Sena (and I don't believe the firmware update on the RT did anything for BT). I have updated both but doesn't make a difference with the SMH5 (Burps issue I've been told). Now with the 20s Burp says they support it. Yea.......

Problem is Burp makes a big deal out of their BRP Connect, using apps you have to pay for and put your phone in the Frunk. That part I won't support.......
    John
    I may have this wrong but maybe you just do not understand the issue here. If I am wrong, sorry. I will guess your headset is working just fine and when the helmet icon appears on the screen it is paired. Not being able to hear audio from the radio or aux, in the headset, has nothing to with the compatibility of the headset. That just does not work. It tells you on the screen that does not work. But if you choose BT as your input and BT as your output audio will in your helmet. Works just fine. If you switch input to FM the audio will go to the speakers automatically and when you switch input back to BT it will be back in your helmet. Wish it was different, but it's not. Nowhere in any of the promotional or tutorial video does it say that you can. You, me and most folks just assumed that you could because you could with BT. Why would a different input be any different. A software patch may fix this. But I am guessing not. I strongly suspect it's in the hardware.
    Last edited by billybovine; 07-11-2018 at 08:20 AM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I may have this wrong but maybe you just do not understand the issue here. If I am wrong, sorry. I will guess your headset is working just fine and when the helmet icon appears on the screen it is paired. Not being able to hear audio from the radio or aux, in the headset, has nothing to with the compatibility of the headset. That just does not work. It tells you on the screen that does not work. But if you choose BT as your input and BT as your output audio will in your helmet. Works just fine. If you switch input to FM the audio will go to the speakers automatically and when you switch input back to BT it will be back in your helmet. Wish it was different, but it's not. Nowhere in any of the promotional or tutorial video does it say that you can. You, me and most folks just assumed that you could because you could with BT. Why would a different input be any different. A software path may fix this. But I am guessing not. I strongly suspect it's in the hardware.
    Quit blaming BRP for issues that result more from lack of knowledge than bad engineering.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Add to list **** fix the D.E.S.S.****.

I have a 2014RTS-SE6 and I have had the D.E.S.S. module replaced twice, and the ignition Switch replaced once back in 2015. These were both under warranty, and the dealership opened up a case with BRP.

Also, I started the thread" D.E.S.S. KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it has 29 pages and counting of information.

Deanna
    I certainly hope that BURP has moved up a bit with the 2018 I just got. I only have 1220 miles on my new "bike" and love it. Other than the reasons I have been posting with my complaints and concerns I know I made a good decision for now. I won't know until either something breaks under warranty or down the road when it will cost me an arm/leg and the $110 per hour my dealership charges for labor.
    With this world of electronics and mass production there is going to be a bad part come through the link. That is just the way it is. But we all hope we aren't one of them......

Thanks everyone for the input and that's what makes forums like this work.......
    John

Spyder Garage

Quit blaming BRP for issues that result more from lack of knowledge than bad engineering.
    Who else do you blame for "bad engineering" if it isn't the company that made it??? GEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS.........

The knowledge is out there, I have read it and the complaints are all over the world. Is there a GOOD reason I shouldn't ask why there is no AM radio on the bike? Is there a GOOD reason why I shouldn't ask why they support only a few headsets and block others? I have a list as well as others that are supported over and over.......

BURP hasn't done what the people that buy their product want or need.

Plain and simple. Many people understand that....Others........well have a nice day and safe ride...........
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BURP hasn't done what the people that buy their product want or need. Plain and simple. Many people understand that. Others...well have a nice day and safe ride... John
    That must be why they can't sell any of those poorly engineered, over-priced toys...why did you buy one if it's such a badly engineered product?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

That must be why they can't sell any of those poorly engineered, over-priced toys...why did you buy one if it's such a badly engineered product?
    Ignore button on. Trolls just fill space with nothing of importance to offer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been watching the tone of your posts as well, and I'm starting to wonder just who the Troll really is?
    Are the bikes perfect? HELL NO!
    Do they fill a void in the motorcycle marketplace in a reasonable manner? HELL YES!

You're obviously pretty new to this game, and need some time to gather up some perspective: please try to be patient, and it will all become clear...

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ignore button on. Trolls just fill space with nothing of importance to offer.
    First off, welcome new Spyder owner!!

Think of it this way. I am married to a wonderful woman, but she has her faults. I know what her faults are and am willing to live with them to get all of the good attributes she has.
    Just because I know her faults doesn't mean that someone I just met can bad mouth her and start talking about her faults, and how they should be changed. Something that is important to that person may not mean a thing or matter to me at all.

You being a new owner and new to the board with hardly no miles or experience with your Spyder, bad mouthing your bike, the company, and wanting to tell BRP all the things they are doing wrong, "wanting to get there attention" rubs people who have had a Spyder for more time, ridden more miles, the wrong way.

My opinion is that AM radio sucks, no reason to even have it on a spyder, and as far as that goes, In the 3 years and 31,000 miles I have ridden, the FM radio has not been on for more than 10 min. I have all the music I want to listen to available VIA the 2,000+ songs on my GPS, Pandora, and if I want to listen to static free radio, I use Iheart radio. If I wanted to complain about it, I would ask that BRP eliminate the radio all together and add those apps to the bike somehow.

That is a totally different opinion than others out there, so who is BRP supposed to listen to?

I purchased my Spyder from Jason at Imotorsports in Chicago area. Jason explained many of the things you have questions about, that is the dealers job, to make sure you understand what you are buying. I was told how to open the Frunk or seat while the engine is running or off, how to lock the glove box by turning the handlebars all the way to the right or left then the key, how the floorboard under the brake pedal falls away under hard braking and how to reset it, and many other things that took about 60 min to go through.

Now think about the dealers who have a salesman go through all of the training of BRP to learn the in and outs of the Spyder, but then they may only sell 3 or 4 per year. Do you really think they are going to remember everything they learned and then remember to pass it on to you? SO how is it BRP's fault if things were not explained to you properly, would that not be a dealer problem? Have you gone back to the dealer and talked to the people there and had them help you with any of the things you are having problems with? Did you find out if it was a problem with the Spyder, or a problem with you not understanding what you purchased or how to make it function properly yet?

Even after spending 60 min with Jason going over all the things he did, it took me three more phone calls to him to learn some of the things he covered with me. He was always more than happy to go over any questions I had, and was willing to have me come back in so he could teach me how it worked.

Don't complain about everything, take a deep breath, call the dealer you bought it from, work with them, pick their brains, then if it truly is a problem discuss it.
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 07-11-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Above is true. I learned a lot about the in/outs of my bike from my dealer, I figured the process would be similar to my car, and it was. I think more so for bikes than cars, dealers matter. The quality of the service bay matters.
    My dealer (Lifestyles Honda) has been great to me and my bike, along with the forums here, and the fans on FB. I've learned a LOT about the in/outs of my ride from keeping my mind open to the possibilities.
    I've also learned that models and years do matter as they are always tweaking. Which means, constructive feedback is good.

Example: who here doesn't love the locking mechanism on the top box of the F3 series. (cough) Or the gas cap (coughs again). I've learned to lube/care for those things so that it reduces their impact of acting up.

It does sound like they are improving the dash system on the 18 quickly, so that's a good sign of wanting to do better.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Peteoz question

Is this one of those 'spit the dummy' things you mentioned in another thread, or is this not applicable? I'm referring to the OP, Pete. I sometimes get the Aussie/British slang mixed up.

Spyder Garage

I haven’t listened to AM radio since 1972. Maybe my Spyder should have an 8 track player too.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Is this one of those 'spit the dummy' things you mentioned in another thread, or is this not applicable? I'm referring to the OP, Pete. I sometimes get the Aussie/British slang mixed up.
    The Brits refer to infant pacifiers as 'dummy t*ts'.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-11-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    I haven’t listened to AM radio since 1972. Maybe my Spyder should have an 8 track player too.
    I tried it on my 2010; just to see what might happen...
    It sounded about like trying to tune in a 1920s era radio.

A useless waste of space on the bike.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    First off, welcome new Spyder owner!!

Think of it this way. I am married to a wonderful woman, but she has her faults. I know what her faults are and am willing to live with them to get all of the good attributes she has.
    Just because I know her faults doesn't mean that someone I just met can bad mouth her and start talking about her faults, and how they should be changed. Something that is important to that person may not mean a thing or matter to me at all.

You being a new owner and new to the board with hardly no miles or experience with your Spyder, bad mouthing your bike, the company, and wanting to tell BRP all the things they are doing wrong, "wanting to get there attention" rubs people who have had a Spyder for more time, ridden more miles, the wrong way.

My opinion is that AM radio sucks, no reason to even have it on a spyder, and as far as that goes, In the 3 years and 31,000 miles I have ridden, the FM radio has not been on for more than 10 min. I have all the music I want to listen to available VIA the 2,000+ songs on my GPS, Pandora, and if I want to listen to static free radio, I use Iheart radio. If I wanted to complain about it, I would ask that BRP eliminate the radio all together and add those apps to the bike somehow.

That is a totally different opinion than others out there, so who is BRP supposed to listen to?

I purchased my Spyder from Jason at Imotorsports in Chicago area. Jason explained many of the things you have questions about, that is the dealers job, to make sure you understand what you are buying. I was told how to open the Frunk or seat while the engine is running or off, how to lock the glove box by turning the handlebars all the way to the right or left then the key, how the floorboard under the brake pedal falls away under hard braking and how to reset it, and many other things that took about 60 min to go through.

Now think about the dealers who have a salesman go through all of the training of BRP to learn the in and outs of the Spyder, but then they may only sell 3 or 4 per year. Do you really think they are going to remember everything they learned and then remember to pass it on to you? SO how is it BRP's fault if things were not explained to you properly, would that not be a dealer problem? Have you gone back to the dealer and talked to the people there and had them help you with any of the things you are having problems with? Did you find out if it was a problem with the Spyder, or a problem with you not understanding what you purchased or how to make it function properly yet?

Even after spending 60 min with Jason going over all the things he did, it took me three more phone calls to him to learn some of the things he covered with me. He was always more than happy to go over any questions I had, and was willing to have me come back in so he could teach me how it worked.

Don't complain about everything, take a deep breath, call the dealer you bought it from, work with them, pick their brains, then if it truly is a problem discuss it.
    The next time something of value comes on AM or FM radio will be the first time in 30 years. I want to be totally away from that crap when I am ryding my Spyder
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Fix the shaky mirrors
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

They need to improve the contrast on the dash. I have a 2016 F3T and in daytime I can’t see my turn signal arrows!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Brits refer to infant pacifiers as 'dummy t*ts'.
    Ron was tinkering with Australian slang terminology...

If anybody else wants to work on their mastery of it:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/61847...an-slang-terms

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Yours doesn't have a turn signal switch?
    If it didn't have one, it might be slightly better that the one they do have that needs fixin...
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Like any other company BRP has to balance the costs of every component/feature to hit the price point they feel the product can sell at and still turn the profit margin necessary to satisfy stockholders and/or owners, stay in business and generate cash reserves for expansion and unexpected occurrences (i.e.recalls).

If that were not the case, every vehicle, shopping cart, desktop computer, cell phone etc would come with EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY and be perfect in every way.......just not affordable by most.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    If it didn't have one, it might be slightly better that the one they do have that needs fixin...
    What am I missing, what needs to be fixed with the turn signal switch?
    Mine is the same as every other motorcycle I have ever owned, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, push left for left blinker, push right for right blinker, push in to cancel, or let it self cancel.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue