Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I do not have enough miles on my Ryker to say. But my feeling is, it's just the nature of the CVT beast. The drive train is designed to handle the 'clunk'. And it will not get any worse.

Every machine has it's idiosyncrasies. You either get used to them, or you don't. For example, some people coming from Harley's to the Spyder had a real hard time revving the 998 twin to where it is designed to operate. They lugged the engine in an effort to get the machine to comply with their understanding of how an engine should work, causing all kinds of issues and sometimes damage to components.

The rider needs to adjust to the machine and how it is engineered to function. This is always the best approach. The operator is the adjustable/adaptive component in this human/machine symbiotic relationship. This is a very important concept if you want to enjoy your ride.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I do not have enough miles on my Ryker to say. But my feeling is, it's just the nature of the CVT beast. The drive train is designed to handle the 'clunk'. And it will not get any worse.

Every machine has it's idiosyncrasies. You either get used to them, or you don't. For example, some people coming from Harley's to the Spyder had a real hard time revving the 998 twin to where it is designed to operate. They lugged the engine in an effort to get the machine to comply with their understanding of how an engine should work, causing all kinds of issues and sometimes damage to components.

The rider needs to adjust to the machine and how it is engineered to function. This is always the best approach. The operator is the adjustable/adaptive component in this human/machine symbiotic relationship. This is a very important concept if you want to enjoy your ride.
    How are you enjoying the Ryker - You have not said much after your evaluation?
    Is changing a sway bar a Pita?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    How are you enjoying the Ryker - You have not said much after your evaluation?
    Is changing a sway bar a Pita?
    Well, actually a bit embarrassed about my lack of riding time. The weather has been pretty bad here and when it is nice enough to ride, I have not been able to. I need good conditions to give my Ryker a proper workout. I had planned to ride much more than I have and then evaluate the sway bar situation. But with the lack of saddle time I am going ahead with a prototype bar which, on paper, should be right. I will need some experienced test pilots when the time comes.

I have not attempted to pull the bar yet. I've heard it's a bit different and I've looked at the BRP manual regarding the job. Unfortunately, it just has not been possible to do it yet.

Believe me. I will post when I have something worthy to say. But so far, I am very impressed with the Ryker.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Hi all ref the clunk when pulling off , I give it a bit more throttle and clunk is gone regards Nico 75