Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My new Corbin Seat!!

Let me preface this by pointing out that I am a 71 year young male with a circulation problem in my legs and feet. To the point that I have 5 stents in one leg.

i have found that after being on my RT for about 90-120 minutes the rear part of the upper most portion of both legs would really be hurting. At lot. Worked out rather convenient in that fuel mileage is such that I could stop and stretch out a bit, get a drink, and refuel when the pain became distracting, so that was the habit I quickly formed. Fuel gage was always between half and a quarter , most often closer to half. Took up a lot of time on each of several 500-650 mile rides.
    so, this past Thr I rode to Ormond Beach to the Corbin store there and had them install a new saddle that I had ordered. It was installed fri morning, and I rode home that afternoon, a distance of about 260 miles.

i fully expected that nothing would change much for awhile in terms of my pain, not until after some period of break in.

HOWEVER, much to my suprise, I experienced no discomfort on the trip home, none whatsoever.

i feel like this saddle will make riding longer distances a pleasure, not a mix of pleasure and pain.

i am entered into an iron butt ride next month, a saddlesore event, 1000 miles in 24 hours, and expected that I would need to stop even more frequently, say every 60 minutes because of the pain, now I hope to stop when fuel makes it prudent to do so. I will repost after that ride.

Right now I am feeling that this new saddle just might be the best investment I have ever made.

Thanks Corbin!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear

That is a good review. I need to start saving for my Corbin now.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I've had my Corbin on my RT for almost two years, and concur with your comfort assessment. I highly recommend you saddle soap your seat once or twice a year - it will become supple quicker. I also use a "Bead Rider" it it gets really hot or wet while riding - helps keep me cooler & dryer….. JMHO….
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So many good reviews of great products, and so little cash...
    Thanks for letting us know how your new seat has helped extend your ryding range!
    (Time to go take another look at their site...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Saddle sore ride.

My best friend Marv did one when I had a Harley Ultra Classic. 1010 miles in 14 hours and 55 min. Included gas stops.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My new Corbin Seat!!

I've had a Corbin for a couple months now. He mine custom made while I was at their factory in Hollister. Big improvement, but there is a most definite breaking in period. If you can manage it, go to the factory. There will be more fabric and stitching options than are apparent on their web site.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Xmas list

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks for letting us know how your new seat has helped extend your ryding range!

I see you adding this to your Christmas list. That list should be getting quite long by now.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    I see you adding this to your Christmas list. That list should be getting quite long by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

So many farkles (and other goodies) - so little dollars!!! Yes, Bob - he knows if you've been bad or good, too!!!

Spyder Garage

Glad you like your Corbin. I like the firmness that it provides. Have had two Corbins--one on the 2008 and one on the 2010. Over 53,000 combined Corbin miles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures will be great

I am also looking to add backrest to my RT.

Looking at few options.

Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sharon

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spydee8's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Got our Corbin Seat and backrest installed, and will ryde later today (already after midnight). Will post picture later. Can't wait to ryde!!

Spyder Garage

Default backrest

I have owned 3 Utopia backrests on my bikes over the years. I highly recommend them. Adjustable for better comfort. And they fold out of way for mounting. Look them up, they have picture on their website of backrest on spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by szohar View Post
    I am also looking to add backrest to my RT.

Looking at few options.

Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sharon

Spyder Garage

I bought aCorbin and backrest off another member at Lamonsters BBQ.Best mod I ever made.Its great I can ride all day.No problem.

Ivor

krzychick

Default How nice ! ! ! I am a frienr of Mr. Corbin and I will let him know personally how

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGPa View Post
    Let me preface this by pointing out that I am a 71 year young male with a circulation problem in my legs and feet. To the point that I have 5 stents in one leg.

i have found that after being on my RT for about 90-120 minutes the rear part of the upper most portion of both legs would really be hurting. At lot. Worked out rather convenient in that fuel mileage is such that I could stop and stretch out a bit, get a drink, and refuel when the pain became distracting, so that was the habit I quickly formed. Fuel gage was always between half and a quarter , most often closer to half. Took up a lot of time on each of several 500-650 mile rides.
    so, this past Thr I rode to Ormond Beach to the Corbin store there and had them install a new saddle that I had ordered. It was installed fri morning, and I rode home that afternoon, a distance of about 260 miles.

i fully expected that nothing would change much for awhile in terms of my pain, not until after some period of break in.

HOWEVER, much to my suprise, I experienced no discomfort on the trip home, none whatsoever.

i feel like this saddle will make riding longer distances a pleasure, not a mix of pleasure and pain.

i am entered into an iron butt ride next month, a saddlesore event, 1000 miles in 24 hours, and expected that I would need to stop even more frequently, say every 60 minutes because of the pain, now I hope to stop when fuel makes it prudent to do so. I will repost after that ride.

Right now I am feeling that this new saddle just might be the best investment I have ever made.

Thanks Corbin!

krzychick

Smile Im happy 4 you

I am so happy to hear of your comfort, I am a friend of Mike Corbin and the next time I see him I will let him know personally how pleased you are with the CORBIN seat.

HAPPY AND COMFY RIDING TO YOU ! ! ! krzy chick ! !

krzychick

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    That is a good review. I need to start saving for my Corbin now.
    I dont have my spyder YET looking to purchase early 2013,that viper red is gorgeous! I am saving up for the Ultimate Seat I heard there seat is quite dynamic and comfy. Is the Spyder coming out with a burgundy reddish for 2013? ? That is what I heard ? ? I work the motorcylce rallys all over the U.S.A, and the word going around was a new color for 2013. If I choose that color, I do know the Ultimate Seat Co. does customize to the color as well to blend the seats accents to the bike color. LOVE YOUR SPYDER COLOR THO ! ! !

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up CORBIN SEAT

I was at the Corbin Factory in Hollister last week. My new custom seat is the BOMB!! I too experienced butt and leg pain with the stock seat. I have long legs and needed more room. I had the seat cut back 5-6 inches after all was said and done. Still have plenty of room for passenger. Now I can install some highway pegs (maybe the NBV's from Lamonster). I highly recommend a Corbin seat. If you can make it down to their factory, it's well worth the money spent.

Corbin Seat 2.jpgCorbin Seat.jpg
    Last edited by RTVIPER; 10-30-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added Photos

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RT-S on order. I also called Corbin for a new saddle, passenger backrest and armrests. I advised my salesman that the 2013's have a potentially new frame. We both agreed that it would be advisable to place my order on hold until Corbin had a chance to see just what the new spyders look like underneath for assembly.

Chris

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

SpyderGPa - How about a picture of what you got?

Here's the one we got right after buying our Spyder. I think I only had about 300 miles on it when we ordered the Corbin seat.

2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights