PMK may chime in here as well after my post. The Spyder are tuned for the average rider say some 200 pounds, height say 6'. This all comes into the calculations of centre of gravity and the likes. The OEM suspension suits a generic rider and performance profile.

There are a few forum threads regarding suspension upgrade in this forum.

If you are bottoming out with the OEM rear suspension and do not have an air ride assist, you need to increase the spring rate. I would suggest in the 500 to 600 lb/in range. M2 used a spring rate of 525 lb/in for the rear shock for my 2014 RTL. I have changed the rear shock spring to a 600 lb/in spring rate, may go back to the 525 lb/in spring rate - have the air ride assist.

The tire wear may be from an alignment, may not. It can be from the shocks not supporting the weight of the Spyder, rider(s) and luggage. The OEM front shocks are very light for some rider profiles, and this changes the front suspension geometry.

I notice from your picture that you have a lot of roll/lean in corners. The more weight that is added to the Spyder from rider and luggage, the centre of gravity will move up and this increases the roll/lean of the Spyder.

The only way to mitigate this is to increase the front shock spring rate. A beefier sway bar will assist as well, but a sway bar is only in use in a corner. It does not provide any support for the front of the Spyder. It should be considered an assist to the shock for roll/lean reduction.

I have M2 shocks all round. The front shocks came with a 250 lb/in shock spring, better than the OEM front shock, but still did not provide enough roll/lean reduction that I was/am looking for. Replaced the M2 shock spring with a 300 lb/in shock spring, much better for solo riding, but not quite for two up.

Did 17,000 Kms with the 300 lb/in front shock springs installed at the factory rebound settings and the ride was quite good, but the roll/lean of the Spyder was still not quite right. The rear shock spring rate of 600 lb/in was sometimes a little harsh during the trip and we were towing a trailer.

Will be changing he shock spring to a 350 lb/in spring rate before next season. I am presently approximately 240 lbs with riding gear, my lady - impolite to discuss this, but between the two of us, two up riding is my focus for suspension setup. The Spyder should do more work than the rider(s).

You can order a set of shocks and accept the shock manufacturers recommendation, or have the shock manufacturer install shock springs that are heavier than per its recommendation. I mention this because the aftermarket shock manufacturers shock spring determination is based on a range of rider profiles, in other words a shock spring rate of say 250 lb/in may be suitable for riders in the 200 to 250 lb range. This is predicated on the performance profile as well.

The road clearance distance is another consideration for tire wear and ride performance.

You should be able to install the front shocks, adjust the preload for static road clearance as per the OEM factory road clearance with a preload of approximately 1 cm, or you can set the preload a bit more to get an OEM road clearance with yourself on the Spyder. Get a shock that has rebound damping as a minimum and you can dial in the ride quality, the preload adjustment is not to compensate for an improper shock spring rate selection.

There is not a lot of information available for a Spyder rider to base suspension decisions on.

Just my thoughts and $0.02 worth regarding the Spyder suspension. Not an expert. but think that the Spyder should do more work than I when I am riding it.

Good luck.