Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Sweet! you'll love it.
    I am.

Coastie
    2021 F3-S SS , Black, gray, & orange

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    Semi auto - no other option in 2021. Liking it and I will be keeping my H-D Tri Glide so I can enjoy both.

Coastie
    (a.k.a. Newby)
    I did not know that. Bear in mind, there are so many changes year to year on these bikes that it's near impossible to keep up. One should always edit one's signature to include the current model and year of your bike in it. It's at the "settings" link at the top of every page next to your name. Click the pic to see. It will show up at the bottom of every post you make automatically. Welcome aboard!

editsig.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    One should always edit one's signature to include the current model and year of your bike in it. It's at the "settings" link at the top of every page next to your name.
    Thanks,
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

Spyder Garage

I traded an FJR1300 with 'computer aided' clutch, 97,000 miles, for my 2020 F3 Ltd. The FJR gave a choice of shifting with foot or paddle, no clutch lever, and I found that I shifted up with paddle and down with foot. The transition to the F3 semi-auto was easy EXCEPT for one thing: the FJR shifted up with the finger and down with the thumb while the F3 is just the opposite! I can't tell you how many times I downshifted at higher than normal rpms! Took way to long to get past the 'muscle memory' but after 2000 miles, I finally got it.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    I traded an FJR1300 with 'computer aided' clutch, 97,000 miles, for my 2020 F3 Ltd. The FJR gave a choice of shifting with foot or paddle, no clutch lever, and I found that I shifted up with paddle and down with foot. The transition to the F3 semi-auto was easy EXCEPT for one thing: the FJR shifted up with the finger and down with the thumb while the F3 is just the opposite! I can't tell you how many times I downshifted at higher than normal rpms! Took way to long to get past the 'muscle memory' but after 2000 miles, I finally got it.
    McRuss, where did you get your F3, love that color BTW. I live down in Alamogordo, love Ruidoso. Started snow skiing there in '62-'63 when I went to Texas Tech over in Lubbock.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    ... The transition to the F3 semi-auto was easy EXCEPT for one thing: ... , I finally got it.
    Me too.
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
    Me too.
    Coastie, where abouts are you? I live in Lenoir City and have a 2009 GS, looking to buy an F3-S. Going to look at one tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by achamb7 View Post
    Coastie, where abouts are you? I live in Lenoir City and have a 2009 GS, looking to buy an F3-S. Going to look at one tomorrow.
    I am on the other side of the Tennessee River from you. If I told you exactly you would have to be sworn to secrecy. We are Tennessee natives. My ancestor (half Cherokee and half Welsh) with his family came over the mountains in the 1700's. We are not carpetbaggers like my neighbors. So now I guess you know where I live.

If you are going to Alcoa Good Times, I hope they finally put the F-3 S together or at least charged the batteries on the two other F3 that were on the floor. I tried twice to test ride one there with no luck. I found my F3-S SS in Chattanooga at White's Cycle and Marine. I have also heard good things about the dealer in Kodak and https://www.powersports-pro.com/ but nothing good about Alcoa from either Can Am or BMW riders.
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

Spyder Garage

I am on the other side of the Tennessee River from you. If I told you exactly you would have to be sworn to secrecy. We are Tennessee natives. My ancestor (half Cherokee and half Welsh) with his family came over the mountains in the 1700's. We are not carpetbaggers like my neighbors. So now I guess you know where I live.

If you are going to Alcoa Good Times, I hope they finally put the F-3 S together or at least charged the batteries on the two other F3 that were on the floor. I tried twice to test ride one there with no luck. I found my F3-S SS in Chattanooga at White's Cycle and Marine. I have also heard good things about the dealer in Kodak and https://www.powersports-pro.com/ but nothing good about Alcoa from either Can Am or BMW riders.
    I am actually going to look at a used model, 2015 F3-S SM6. If that doesn’t work out I’ll go to White’s. Went to Alcoa a couple of weeks back and it was a base and still in the crate.

I actually work in Loudon, we build big brown trucks.

Spyder Garage

Called White's before you make a special trip. I have found most of the dealers within a hundred miles of here never have there website inventory up to date. Might save you a wasted trip.
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

Spyder Garage

Will do, thanks.

We need to ride some time. Wife had surgery a couple weeks ago so she can’t ride right now, but the GS will be going to her. She doesn’t know how to ride yet, but it’s a SE5 so should be an easy learning curve for her.

Spyder Garage

Will do, thanks.

We need to ride some time. Wife had surgery a couple weeks ago so she can’t ride right now, but the GS will be going to her. She doesn’t know how to ride yet, but it’s a SE5 so should be an easy learning curve for her.
    Sounds like a plan. My wife told me before I bought my first trike on '09, she would not ride again with me like when we were first married without an axle and two wheels under her. She will ride on the back of the Harley but not on the F-3 S SS so I'll never be selling the Harley.
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

Spyder Garage

My wife told me she would not ride again with me without an axle and two wheels under her.
    My wife was concerned about the same thing, but now that she has ridden on the Spyder she agrees it rides smoother than the TriGlide. But she likes the Harley seat and backrest better.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Gee, I guess I'm lucky that my wife has zero interest in riding, or being a passenger

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Gee, I guess I'm lucky that my wife has zero interest in riding, or being a passenger
    For both of you.
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    My wife was concerned about the same thing, but now that she has ridden on the Spyder she agrees it rides smoother than the TriGlide. But she likes the Harley seat and backrest better.
    Hmmm, now there's an innnterrresting 'transplant' problem?!?

Happy Wife, Happy Life!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I am actually going to look at a used model, 2015 F3-S SM6. If that doesn’t work out I’ll go to White’s. Went to Alcoa a couple of weeks back and it was a base and still in the crate.

I actually work in Loudon, we build big brown trucks.
    Good luck. That is the exact year and model I recently bought. Just for reference, I paid 11K from a private party with 5500 on the odometer. It came with saddle bags, floor boards, 2 Sena's, back rest, and 2 windshields.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    Good luck. That is the exact year and model I recently bought. Just for reference, I paid 11K from a private party with 5500 on the odometer. It came with saddle bags, floor boards, 2 Sena's, back rest, and 2 windshields.
    Going to pickup Saturday. Private party, 4500 miles, rare color combo, driver backrest, Elka shocks, GPS, Daytona handlebars with riser. Deal nearly as good as yours lol.