Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Just when you think you've read it all !

San Francisco restaurant asks officers to leave because they are armed. Hope next time they call the Police, no one show up !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    San Francisco restaurant asks officers to leave because they are armed. Hope next time they call the Police, no one show up !
    That's been happening for a long time. At least the restaurant didn't poison them. That has also happened. Like law enforcement doesn't already have enough to worry about.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

This kind of behavior from "progressives", i.e. dysfunctional snowflakes, does not surprise me. The statement by the Chief of Police was disheartening in its lack of outrage at this disrespect shown to his officers. Hopefully word of this will spread to every member of the SF police force and will be taken into account if called for some assistance, with individual officers deciding not to rush over to this place, feeling concerned for the feelings of these parasites. Between this and the homelessness and streets strewn with human feces, why is there even a single police officer not looking for another job in another community where they will be appreciated and respected?
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    That's been happening for a long time. At least the restaurant didn't poison them. That has also happened. Like law enforcement doesn't already have enough to worry about.
    Regardless, each new incident infuriates me.

Spyder Garage

on the restaurants with such a policy. I will come out saying I don't like it one iota.

On the other hand, I am also a moderator. The flags are starting to wave and I would like to see this discussion NOT getting out of hand.

Remember the site rules. You all agreed to them at one time or another.

I don't know what is in the air these holiday times...but we always seem to get postings that border on controversial. The moderators are standing by, but hope we are NOT called upon to take any action.

At this time, four of us have read the thread.

DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMER: I am not calling out or criticizing anyone above my current post. Just a "caution" message so we can save everyone from a headache later.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-07-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Regardless, each new incident infuriates me.
    ..... +1
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, but if you are a moderator and you are armed, you can't be here. Seriously now, if a call for service was made by one of these so call snowflake operated businesses, as much resentment as there obviously exists, they can't be denied police protection or assistance. Kind'a sad though.

Spyder Garage

Good ol' California. Whole different mind set there.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    This kind of behavior from "progressives", i.e. dysfunctional snowflakes, does not surprise me. The statement by the Chief of Police was disheartening in its lack of outrage at this disrespect shown to his officers. Hopefully word of this will spread to every member of the SF police force and will be taken into account if called for some assistance, with individual officers deciding not to rush over to this place, feeling concerned for the feelings of these parasites. Between this and the homelessness and streets strewn with human feces, why is there even a single police officer not looking for another job in another community where they will be appreciated and respected?
    I'm what you refer to as a snowflake. Enough with the political bashing.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Really? You're going to paint the most populated state with that brush?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Really? You're going to paint the most populated state with that brush?
    Only a little more than 1 in 10 Americans live there. The other less than 9 live in the other 49 states.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Its unfortunately everywhere and stupidity doesn't always start in the west. Sometimes it migrates there. Former LEO (reserve and not in CA) and we were pre-warned about where it was safe to eat and not.

Spyder Garage

Great, hear I thought this was a forum about Can Am Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    Great, hear I thought this was a forum about Can Am Spyders.
    This is the off-topic board.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What word would you suggest using in place of snowflake that isn't political?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Sorry, but if you are a moderator and you are armed, you can't be here. Seriously now, if a call for service was made by one of these so call snowflake operated businesses, as much resentment as there obviously exists, they can't be denied police protection or assistance. Kind'a sad though.
    And they wouldn't be ...... I was an LEO for over 37 years, and I never worked with any officer that lost His/Her or Their sense of Duty ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

More accurately, the employees (not the restaurant) asked the police to leave because they were uncomfortable. The restaurant management apologized for their employees' actions, saying it was a mistake.

And from that ISOLATED incident, a whole conspiracy theory arises...and we are appalled that infotainment news stirs public fear, resentment, anger based on half-truths...?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/u...-officers.html

What conclusions should we draw about the citizens of Tempe and the entire nonprogressive state of Arizona from this incident;

6 uniformed police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks in Tempe, Ariz., after an “anxious, nervous or uncomfortable” customer asked a barista why the officers were there. The coffee company apologized on Twitter and in full-page newspaper ads...
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-06-2021 at 11:17 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

The only thing I want to know is, how can anyone who watches and enjoys Pinky Blinders be a snowflake? By the way, I'll be watching Season 6 long before you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    What word would you suggest using in place of snowflake that isn't political?
    There isn't any. That's my point.

Here we have a simple social incident and it immediately becomes political. And everyone goes off on THAT tangent rather than stick with the basic facts.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

More accurately, the employees (not the restaurant) asked the police to leave because they were uncomfortable. The restaurant management apologized for their employees' actions, saying it was a mistake.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/u...-officers.html
    Multiple versions out there, yours is not one I believe. Even if it were the case, who runs the restaurant ? I'd have told the people complaining they are free to leave.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Multiple versions out there, yours is not one I believe. Even if it were the case, who runs the restaurant ? I'd have told the people complaining they are free to leave.
    Fortunately, we still have the right to believe what we choose to. And private businesses have the right to refuse service on a non-discriminatory basis to whoever they choose. And, patrons have the right to not patronize a business for whatever reason they choose.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-06-2021 at 11:40 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have no idea how we got from the San Francisco police to the Tempe, AZ police. But, anyway, I think this is a real problem that needs to be addressed. We all see and hear all the stuff going on. Not a good direction IMHO. I know this thread is border line, if not over, forum rules. But it so far has been pretty civil. Thank you moderators for your patience and restraint. I pray for better times ahead..... Jim
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-07-2021 at 03:26 PM. Reason: border, cos it's on the edge; not just staying for the meals! :-D
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dont see this as a political thread at all. Police officers are not political figures. This is simply a thread about common sense, morals, and respect for those who risk their lives to help and protect us.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jim, I think we all pray for 'better times'. Thanks for your comment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fortunately, we still have the right to believe what we choose to. And private businesses have the right to refuse service on a non-discriminatory basis to whoever they choose. And, patrons have the right to not patronize a business for whatever reason they choose.
    Fortunately we see things differently.