Spyder Garage

Default Price of extended warranty...

Do the costs of the B.E.S.T. warranty vary from dealer to dealer? what costs are typical?

Spyder Garage

**edited - my post is regarding F3 not Ryker**

The price does vary from dealer to dealer. It depends also on how many years you are buying. I bought 3 years for less than $700 with Sierra Cycles in Arizona.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I paid $621 for a 2-year extension on mine here in Houston, TX.

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

The 3 year B.E.S.T. extension should run you under $700. But the price is up to the dealership.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default warranty and tax

84 months warranty - $900, premium coverage - $300, ABS brake coverage - $240, sales tax - $100. No matter how you do it - it's gonna cost, so i went to the max. total for all this - $1540 in florida.
    Last edited by srx660; 02-10-2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added state

Spyder Garage

The prices for extended warranty do vary from dealer to dealer. $700 ballpark seems to be lowball. You can shop around by phone. Berts Mega Mall (an advertiser is one). You do not have to buy the extended at the time of sale. You must buy the BEST before the original warranty expires though.

All add ons for toys carry a large margin. Some dealers are more "greedy" than others.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just like Ann, I bought my BEST extended warranty from Sierra Cycles in Arizona. I paid $670.00 for 36 months. Remember, you don't have to buy it when you buy your Spyder. You do have to buy it before your original warranty expires and you can buy it from any Can Am dealer. I bought mine over the phone (my Spyder, too).
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

aaaaaaaaaa

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by srx660 View Post
    84 months warranty - $900, premium coverage - $300, ABS brake coverage - $240, sales tax - $100. No matter how you do it - it's gonna cost, so i went to the max. total for all this - $1540 in florida.
    That was an aftermarket warranty and most are not worth the paper written on. Many dealers will not even deal with these shisters. Leave it to the owner to attempt reimbursement after the fact. I would not touch one of these scams.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I'm curious any Spyder owners that have used this service? What is included and what isn't? Would love to hear any stories it proved beneficial.

Spyder Garage

I posted this in another thread on extended warranties but suppose you missed it....

I will come in on the Yes side. Been there, done that, BRP covered the $11k cost of a complete new engine assembly when mine blew coming home from a long trip last fall. BRP was actually very good to deal with but I will say, MUCH of the outcome has to do with your dealer and how well they know the bike and BRP's systems. How to report claims, how to work the parts system, and communication with several different departments in BRP that are not real good at speaking with each other.

In my case, there was never really any intent on BRPs part to deny the claim, trouble was there were no 2015 Rotax 1330 SE engines in the parts system. And no 2016s either which were the only superseded part number. Neither the dealer nor I wanted to attempt ordering sufficient parts to build a new engine from what we had left of my old one....starting with a new case. Phone calls to parts and engineering support for service resulted in the answer that yes, a brand new 2019 engine assembly will indeed work fine in a 2015 bike. They placed the order and had the crate in hand in less than a week. Total repair bill was over $11k. More than the bike was worth but they fixed it. Bike is running great with its new 2019 drive train. BRP BEST warranty was actually pretty easy to deal with. They even paid the entire tow bill which was far more than the $200 limit on the roadside assistance. Heck of a way to get new plugs, filters and other items I was due for at that time for free.....

Avoid ALL aftermarket extended warranties. They simply do not handle claims in the same straightforward manner that the dealer processes standard warranty claims.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thank you for sharing jcthorne. Curious to know why the engine blew or if the cause was discovered? Spyder F3-S under your profile?

Spyder Garage

Just called Sierra Cycles in Arizona. They said it would be $680.00 for 36 months. And, I can do the deal over the phone. My local dealer told me $999.00. What should I do? Lol.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

I bought the B.E.S.T warranty in July 2016, and it expires on Aug. 5th, 2019. I paid around $ 700.00 for the extended B.E.S.T. warranty.

I have a 2014RTS-SE6.

I wont be buying an off brand Warranty right now, because I don't have a job.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Just called Sierra Cycles in Arizona. They said it would be $680.00 for 36 months. And, I can do the deal over the phone. My local dealer told me $999.00. What should I do? Lol.
    you can tell your dealer that you are finding cheaper prices on the extended warranty. They will usually match it. If they don't buy the cheaper.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    I'm curious any Spyder owners that have used this service? What is included and what isn't? Would love to hear any stories it proved beneficial.
    My water pump started leaking on my 2015 F3. Fixed under warranty. My battery went bad on my 2017 F3T, fixed under warranty

Spyder Garage

I just bought my Ryker and the promotion I got was an extra year factory warranty, so I got an extra year free..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ravent25 View Post
    I just bought my Ryker and the promotion I got was an extra year factory warranty, so I got an extra year free..
    new model good promotion. BRP offers that on and off.

Spyder Garage

Deanna,. I am curious if you ever used your Xtended Waurentee, and if so, on what, and was the work done from the Dealer you bought it from, or another Dealer? Thanks,
    007James

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I bought the B.E.S.T warranty in July 2016, and it expires on Aug. 5th, 2019. I paid around $ 700.00 for the extended B.E.S.T. warranty.

I have a 2014RTS-SE6.

I wont be buying an off brand Warranty right now, because I don't have a job.

Deanna
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    Thank you for sharing jcthorne. Curious to know why the engine blew or if the cause was discovered? Spyder F3-S under your profile?
    Cause was failed oil pump drive bearings. Needle bearings defect and disintegrated. Then lost oil pressure followed by catastrophic failure. Yes, the 2015 F3-S in my signature. New 2019 engine/trans assembly installed and running great. Have about 1500 miles on new engine. Odd failure, comes under the $&!t happens category....

And since you asked Deanna, My bike was purchased from Pitbull in MO (one of the very early F3s they brought to Spyderfest in 2015). BEST was purchased from Berts Mega Mall. Engine replacement was at my local servicing dealer in Houston. (Mancuso North). I do my own maintenance. None of this was any problem.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I would mention the better deal you were offered from Sierra to your local dealer and tell him if he can match, you will buy from him. If not, buy if from Sierra....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Are all BRP Dealers obligated to sell BEST Xtended Waurentees, and are they required to Servce BEST Waurentee Claims, or what if they are not interested in selling low profit BEST Insurance, and are also not interested in the hassles of working the low Margin profit returns on BEST parts and Labor, and time spent with the back and forth beween the Dealer’s Tech and BRP? Cutting to the chase, can Joe Blow, who bought his Spyder over the phone from a Dealer in Chicago, and bought his BEST Xtended Waurentee from Bert’s in California, or Sierra in Arizona, while living in Orlando, Florida, expect his local Florida Dealer to be obliged to honor his BEST Waurentee through the Policy’s expiration? I’ll bet BRP Dealers, in general, despise having to deal with any Xtended Warrantees, including BEST, especially if they think it will be them who has to deal with the Sevice Claims, and they avoid even mentioning these Waurentees ,once the initial sale of the Spyder has been consumated.

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I would mention the better deal you were offered from Sierra to your local dealer and tell him if he can match, you will buy from him. If not, buy if from Sierra....
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    Are all BRP Dealers oblicated to sell BEST Xtended Waurentees, and are they required to Servce BEST Waurentee Claims, or what if they are not interested in selling low prophet BEST Insurence, and are also not interested in the hassles of working the low Margin prophet returns on BEST parts and Labor, and time spent with the back and forth beween the Dealer’s Tech and BRP? Cutting to the chase, can Joe Blow, who bought his Spyder over the phone from a Dealer in Chicago, and bought his BEST Xtended Waurentee from Berts in California or Sierra in Arizona, while living in Orlando, Florida, expected his local Florida Dealer to be obliged to honor his BEST Waurentee through the Policy’s expiration? I’ll bet BRP Dealers, in general, despise having to deal with any Xtended Warrantees, including BEST, especially if they think it will be them who has to deal with the Sevice Claims, and they avoid even mentioning these Waurentees ,once the initial sale of the Spyder has been consumated.
    This is one of the advantages of BEST over any aftermarket warranty. The repair and claim process is EXACTLY the same as any other warranty repair. And they have no idea where the warranty was purchased. A BRP dealer cannot refuse to do warranty work on BRP products they are a dealer for. Never even heard of one that tried. They do sometimes offer front of line or expedited service to purchasers of bikes from their dealership in busy seasons. For most dealers, sales and service are entirely separate profit centers with very different goals in mind. I do wish BRP would implement a corporate wide head of line privilege for down bikes traveling outside their home area like other manufactures already do. Harley and Ford I know both have this policy as I have personally experienced it. BRP does not. But this is a separate issue.

Any dealer that refuses to honor warranty service be cause a bike was purchased elsewhere, will not be a dealer long. For the most part, the service department does not care where the bike was purchased.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    Deanna,. I am curious if you ever used your Xtended Waurentee, and if so, on what, and was the work done from the Dealer you bought it from, or another Dealer? Thanks,
    007James
    HI, 007 James,

I haven't used the Extended Warrantee.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue