Spyder Garage

Default Neutrino problem solved

Been using Arboreal Neutrino on my 2019 F3 Limited since I started riding with no problems. Installed a new battery, and since my LaMonster 2.0 USB add-on for keeping my Android charged during rides (Waze and BT tunes) kept failing after about 20 minutes and all of a sudden I have lost GPS, and no helmet tunes! As I watched the output of the USB output in the Neutrino app, I noticed the amps fluctuating from .49 to .79, and then it would overheat (USB would go from green to red) and fail. Contacted company rep and he suggested just retrimming all the leads (I use all 6) which I did but was a total pain in the derriere. Same problem! The solution came with a moment: the smartphone was drawing different amps relative to its recharging load, and I had the amp lead set on "Fixed" which is an "on/off" setting. I think it was confusing the circuitry and leading to inevitable overheat failure. Once I changed it to "Variable" all is right with the universe again.
    Amazing how a little annoyance can totally frustrate/ruin a ride; and a simple solution feels like the Lions actually won a game this season!

Spyder Garage

I'm glad the OP resolved his power issue and all is good with his ride.
    I applaud his joy in fixing an annoying issue.

However, I have to say, when I first read the title of the post I thought it was regarding the dark matter/enhanced gravity debate.
    Boy do I have egg on my face.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know we 'should not' stray from the subject, but wow, WWII and Viet Nam? Not sure how that happened but thank you and big salute for your service CDR McVicker.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Interesting product, but pricey! Never knew it existed.
    https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com/

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I know we 'should not' stray from the subject, but wow, WWII and Viet Nam? Not sure how that happened but thank you and big salute for your service CDR McVicker.
    Not too many WW2 veterans left. A lot to be learned from America’s “Greatest Generation” IMHO.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Great to see you found the issue, Boz. I’m running the Neutrino too, and it is easy to trip up. I love the ability to run your battery tender straight through it, run triggers through it, heated gear etc, all without any kind of fuse or relay. It let me add driving lights (we can only run driving lights when high beam is on out here in Aus) off the low beam cable (no low beam voltage - high beam on), as the high beam wiring was sooooo hard to get to on the ‘16 F3-L. Pricey, but worth every penny to me….Great product.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Interesting product, but pricey! Never knew it existed.
    https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com/
    Relay box for accessories with a huge twist. Especially the Aurora version. Plan to finish setting my heated gear up based on outside temperature and give that a try this year. Played with it some but never got it fine tuned. Pricy, but it's so much more than your regular box.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

The badge was created to honor my father. He was an SBD Dauntless divebomber pilot in WWII, and served in the Naval reserves for 30 years. During the Vietnam war, I was in high school and Dad spent a weekend each month away... we thought he was going to Grosile Naval Air Station near Monroe, MI. about 35 miles from our home in Toledo, Ohio. When the US finally withdrew from Vietnam, he disclosed that he was actually involved in the planning and execution of mining the harbor in Haiphong from a bunker near Las Vegas as part of the Submarine Division of the Navy. Upon his passing in 2006, I discovered not only his aviator wings but also the submariner dolphins in a box of medals I never new existed. I have become a WW2 buff in my retirement, but as many of you know his "Greatest Generation" never discussed the war. My Dad regained his pilot license at 78 which I learned seeing a picture of him taking his grandson up in a Piper Cub. Dad would have loved my Spyder; it was a small gesture of gratitude to my biggest hero.