Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Recommend a Spyder shipping service?

Looking at purchasing a lightly used F3T from out of state. Has anyone used a motorcycle shipping service ? There are so many online. Don’t know where to start.
    2017 F3T , White

Spyder Garage

How far?

Spyder Garage

Haulbikes.com
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Haulbikes did a good job of bringing the 2013 RT I had from Wisconsin to Idaho. But that was in 2013 so things may have changed. They are the contract hauler for HD trikes from factory to dealer. Just don't plan on getting it in less than 3 to 4 weeks.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

+1 Haulbikes.com good service but took about 4 weeks on delivering my bike from NC to OK

Spyder Garage

Haul bikes did a good job for me a few months ago, but took about 5 weeks to move mine from Wisconsin to Va.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dtfoltz View Post
    Looking at purchasing a lightly used F3T from out of state. Has anyone used a motorcycle shipping service ? There are so many online. Don’t know where to start.
    ### just a thought but if the weather isn’t an issue, why not ask if there is anyone on this forum that could deliver it for you?

U-Ship dot com is another possibility. I used this service twice to pick up motor scooters for me. First one was a 74’ Vespa Sprint that was located in Cherokee Oklahoma. The U/Shipper offered to pay the seller out of his pocket when the seller didn’t want to get paid by me via PayPal. Unbeknownst to me, the seller (an old timer) didn’t have a PayPal account. Granted, the selling price was low, and the U-Shipper, who didn’t know me from Adam, saved the day

Others may have better and different ideas

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian- Henry Ford
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

In cases like that if both seller and buyer have accounts at the same national bank just go you bank and transfer the money from your account to theirs. All you need is the seller's name and address for the bank to find their account.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I have seen some positive reviews here on haulbikes.

So I booked with them and am not a happy camper. Going on close to 3 weeks bike still not picked up, seller is getting POed!

They sent my a couple of dates when the driver was supposed to call and be there within 3 days.
    Well that has never happened 6 times so far
    I call them and all they do is set up.a new pickup dates.

I checked the BBB on them and wished I had done that prior to booking.

I signed a contract with them and do not know if I can get out of it

Even after the bike is picked up again I have zero time frame when it is to be delivered, prob just in time for xmas.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    ### just a thought but if the weather isn’t an issue, why not ask if there is anyone on this forum that could deliver it for you?

U-Ship dot com is another possibility. I used this service twice to pick up motor scooters for me. First one was a 74’ Vespa Sprint that was located in Cherokee Oklahoma. The U/Shipper offered to pay the seller out of his pocket when the seller didn’t want to get paid by me via PayPal. Unbeknownst to me, the seller (an old timer) didn’t have a PayPal account. Granted, the selling price was low, and the U-Shipper, who didn’t know me from Adam, saved the day

Others may have better and different ideas

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian- Henry Ford
    That sounds like a good retirement job, sign me up!!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

My bike only has 475 miles on it so I would only consider enclosed shipping.

About UShip I have used and feel it's always a crap shoot.

Since I signed a contract w Haulnothing I would have to ask them to let me out if it but they probably will want money.

See what the BBB ratings are on them, I would say horrible!

https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/milwaukee/...-0694-25001965

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Escorial View Post
    I have seen some positive reviews here on haulbikes.

So I booked with them and am not a happy camper. Going on close to 3 weeks bike still not picked up, seller is getting POed!

They sent my a couple of dates when the driver was supposed to call and be there within 3 days.
    I call them and all they do is set up.a new pickup dates.

I checked the BBB on them and wished I had done that prior to booking.

I signed a contract with them and do not know if I can get out of it

Even after the bike is picked up again I have zero time frame when it is to be delivered, prob just in time for xmas.
    Dunno about the laws in your Country, but in many things ours here are very similar; and here in Oz, failure to arrive at/on an agreed pick-up time/date JUST ONCE can be called 'Breach of Contract' on their behalf, making THEM the people who have broken the contract terms & therefore THEY would be liable for any costs you've already incurred and to pay YOU any penalty fees included in the contract....

Regardless of anything else, if they've failed to meet a pick-up/broken an agreed contract term SIX TIMES already, then it certainly sounds like you've got fairly solid argument that they've voided the contact and therefore you are entitled to tell them to go jump, and you potentially have a valid claim for recompense of any costs incurred as well!! It might be smart to get 'proper' legal advice on this, but letting them continue doing that is the LAST THING you want to do - it implies that you accept them repeatedly stuffing you around like they've been doing so they are perfectly entitled to continue without issue!!

So in this situation, I reckon it's all on them!! I'd be making sure you have fully documented, recorded, and photographed the condition of your Spyder as it is now; then contacting them (via a lawyer??) and giving them an ultimation - pick it up at a specified time & date of your choice and deliver it at a reasonable timely time & date thereafter in the same condition as they collected it in or they've reneged on the contract so it is now void and you want them to pay any costs you've incurred thru their failure to meet their contracted obligations! (It might even pay to encourage them to feel it's not in their interests to continue the contract... ) But whatever you do, don't continue to be a doormat for them just cos THEY'VE failed to meet the contracted terms & conditions!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-31-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Re: Haulbikes

It's unfortunate to read about so many negative experiences. But keep in mind when it comes to reviews and comments, those with negative experiences are ten times as likely to make it known as those with positive experiences. And I wonder if this is a case of where customer expectations just are not going to match the business model Haulbikes operates under. I could be wrong but I think they own the trailers only, and are dependent upon independent owner/operators to pull them. They do state they try as much as possible to make runs with trailers as full as possible. They operate on a hub and spoke system where most of the trucks travel to and from Milwaukee, WI. These aspects put them at the mercy of tractor owners and dispatchers and their schedules as well as the market movement of powersports vehicles.

They really should work harder at communications with customers. That was the case 8 years ago when I had a 2013 RT shipped from Wisconsin to Idaho.

Escorial, let me offer a comment based upon my business ownership experience many years ago. If you called them 6 times in 3 weeks (21 days) as you say, you didn't do yourself any favors. That many calls in that many days may have branded you as a chronic complainer, and business operators have little patience with them. The real challenge you face as a customer is to strike a proper balance between pressure and patience. But had Haulbikes reps been better at explaining the situation you probably would have been more patient. Next time you call them just calmly ask them to please explain why they haven't been able to pick up the bike as you understand their commitment to you. Give them some slack but don't let them off the hook either.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Have yet to call to complain only for updates when the driver did not contact the seller on time.

Have shipped many bikes over the years. My favorite was the Federal company a Allied Van lines. Always zero BS

I did call them about the spider but was told they could only go loading dock to loading dock as the trucks lift gates were too .small..

I have been very patient and will call yet again to see what's going on. It's a very legit question and they do have my $$$$ and so far zero action.

Spyder Garage

Have yet to call to complain only for updates when the driver did not contact the seller on time.

Have shipped many bikes over the years. My favorite was the Federal company a Allied Van lines. Always zero BS

I did call them about the spider but was told they could only go loading dock to loading dock as the trucks lift gates were too .small..

I have been very patient and will call yet again to see what's going on. It's a very legit question and they do have my $$$$ and so far zero action.

~~~my experience too with Allied Van lines. Last time I used them was around 2001. When you first posted in this thread I wanted to tell you about a shipper I used in 2017 that only ships motorcycles, but I forgot the name of the business, & my record keeping is just as bad as my memory, unfortunately. That said, if you see your way clear with the outfit you’re presently under contract with and want to explore other options, get in touch with me through this thread and I’ll go the extra mile to get you their contact info

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Our FREEDOM rests on 4 boxes

Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Cartridge
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Update:
    Well called the shipper this am to see what is going on and was told that the driver was in Main but they had not heard from him and they did not know how to contact him. They were going to call the office in Main to see what's going on and get back with me.

Also when on the phone I was told OH the bike should of been delivered to you already. So I asked how about $50 for each time there had been a no show. I was told I should ask about some type of adjustment after the bike was delivered.

The seller was kind enough to alert myself about it being picked up tomorrow. I replied now let see how long it takes to get here. Sellers reply was "baby steps"

Will see what happens tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Update:
    Encouraging!

I wonder if you, and Haulbikes, are being directly affected by the nationwide shortage of truck drivers. If so, I feel your pain.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Is it was they should of notified the customers period prior to payment

Spyder Garage

Will update from time to time, let's see if it delivered by the end of the month.

I still can not believe this

Spyder Garage

Will update from time to time, let's see if it delivered by the end of the month.

This started Oct 6th, picked up Nov 2nd.

I still can not believe this

Spyder Garage

Well another week has passed and still nothing! So I called yesterday and asked where my bike was?

Was told the day it was picked up (Nov 2nd) in the Boston area it was delivered to their York,PA warehouse. So I asked why was I not informed of this as I was told previously that I would receive updates every time it was moved. All I got was a sorry.

Next most very important question was when would the bike be delivered? That she could not answer and was told they would get back with myself on that.

So here I sit, we may get a light dusting of snow here in Chicago over the weekend! As I have repeatedly explained to the shippers that in the event they come up with some type of excuse why the bike could not be delivered to my home I would really be upset it I had to meet the driver somewhere else and ride my new bike home in the rain/snow or even worse salted streets.

So here I sit and as I have been joking with friends it may not be delivered till Xmas (which now may become a reality)

The more and more I read about all the complaints against them I really would like to kick myself in the butt for using them. I did see some good reviews here but I should of dug deeper.

Another warning was the contract I had to sign with them to have the bike shipped, this was a first for myself and should of been a red flag also. Like mentioned I have shipped many bikes over the years and this my friends has to be the biggest waste of time using them.

I do not understand legal but perhaps its time for a class action lawsuit . Most of the positive reviews I had read for for business or collectors who are shipping many bikes to the same place.

A very very POed customer stuck in limbo!

Spyder Garage

Well here we go again more lies and bs! Contacted haulnothing last week and they assured that my bike would finally be moved from their York Pa warehouse over the past weekend to their Milwaukee warehouse and would be scheduled for delivery this week.

So I called on the status this am and was told, sorry it was not moved and still in York! So I asked why was I told it was to be moved, the reply OH who told you that. I showed them the email stating that and was told OH somebody made a mistake and am now told it will be moved in the next 2 to 3 days.

I explained that I have Dr appointments starting this Dec and told them what the heck is going on!

Another huge issue is that I was supposed to get a video and photos of the bike at time of pickup and have repeatedly asked for those and got zero.

So this am I was told they would look into it again and send me them, well they did and of course it was not even my bike!

So back on the phone and email them also and now they send me pix of my bike but they were taken at their York Pa warehouse and it shows all kinds of blems, it does not explain if its scratches, rubs or just dirt! I saw that one of the circles was of some dirt on the floorboards so hopefully all the other stuff was dirt or the like. Bike has 475 miles on it!

I did have photos from the owner , but nothing from Haulnothing at the time of pickup as their site wad Youtube videos showed.

This company I would strongly advise to stay the hell away from as they are a trainwreck for customer service and even more important delivering a bike.

In the past I was a member of the NADA Antique Motorcycle Advisory Board as well as BMWMOA, GWRRA, HOG and a few others over the many years of riding, I probably have have around 50 + bikes shipped and have never had a issue, claim and always delivered in the time frame I was told.

Now I run into this outfit. all I can say is WTF!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    i have seen some positive reviews here on haulbikes.

So i booked with them and am not a happy camper. Going on close to 3 weeks bike still not picked up, seller is getting poed!

i call them and all they do is set up.a new pickup dates.

I checked the bbb on them and wished i had done that prior to booking.

I signed a contract with them and do not know if i can get out of it

even after the bike is picked up again i have zero time frame when it is to be delivered, prob just in time for xmas.
    amen!

Spyder Garage

Just spoke with the seller who informed me that the driver from Haulnothing never bothered to take photos or a video inspection of the bike at time of pickup. But he did say that they driver either had to remove some bolts on the windshield to lower it to fit or remove the windshield completely .

Its a stock shield, anyone else hear of that?