Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    That's the 1st thing I've done to all (3) of my Utopia backrests. I like to adjust it on the fly or depending on how many layers I'm wearing that day.
    I just now messed with that adjustment nut. You are right. To me they put that adjustment nut on the wrong side of the block the adjustment bolt screws into.

Backrest feels better. I need to ride more, but inclined to think I will not raise the floorboards. My legs just that bit to long, but still, my reaction time to the brake isn't the best. 2" riser on handlebars, maybe.

Spyder Garage

Still hoping to get more info from the member in post #44 as to a custom brake pedal.

However, in the meantime, I have found that after putting on the Heli-Bars and proper adjustments made they come back to me and therefore puts me back nicely against my driver backrest. This angle allows me to put my feet more forward on the floorboards (my legs more stretched out) and seems to almost put my toes at a slight "up" angle on the boards, thus making it a little easier to move the foot over to the brake pedal... or else I am getting more used to picking up the foot and moving it over on the brake pedal...maybe some of both...

The driver backrest is backordered til July now. I could not wait that long. I have had Utopia on my last 3 bikes/trike. I decided to try the cheaper Show Chrome backrest. It comes 3" forward and 1" up. It's o--k-a-a-ay.... except the back pad itself could be wider. At least it is useable for now and I absolutely HAVE to have a backrest.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bill4029 View Post
    I had a BPE prake pedal extension on my 2017 RTL and just picked up my new 2021 RTL and agree the pedal is high. The folks that designed the one for the 2019 and older is now working on one for me and others that have a similar request....
    .......the guys at refined cycle made a nice product for me and I bet the new one will be great too. .....

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Still hoping to get more info from the member in post #44 as to a custom brake pedal.

You might want to try sending bill4029 a PM Pooch, just to see if there's been any progress at Refined Cycle?!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    I have had Utopia on my last 3 bikes/trike. I decided to try the cheaper Show Chrome backrest. It comes 3" forward and 1" up. It's o--k-a-a-ay.... except the back pad itself could be wider. At least it is useable for now and I absolutely HAVE to have a backrest.
    Dude. Like, you're almost quoting me from about (6) months ago. I said pretty much the EXACT same thing. I've had (3) Utopia backrests on the last (3) bikes/trikes. Since I couldn't get a Utopia for a while, I too bought one of the Show Chrome backrests. I too HAVE to have a backrest. As soon as I got the Utopia, I sold the almost new Show Chrome rack to another forum member.