Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default And another destroyed weekend...

Deleted

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences. Not much I can add to that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry man that rely can ruin a trip ,and you never can trust the bike again .We are to go on a 5000 km trip east this June ,makes me nervous ,spyder is not a GoldWing . BTW just looked at my rear tire and it is almost done in the center at 10000km .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Contact BRP cares if you have not done so yet.

I have a 14 RT too and runs perfect. NOt sure of all your issues you have had so far?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry about your troubles. Hope things work out for you. Guess I've been lucky so far.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

ANYTHING that is man made can break down.

Spyders are no different than any other ride, we all get a lemon now and then.

I have over 125,000 miles on various Spyders with no major problems.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    ANYTHING that is man made can break down.

Spyders are no different than any other ride, we all get a lemon now and then.

I have over 125,000 miles on various Spyders with no major problems.

Cruzr Joe
    Deleted

Spyder Garage

Right after I bought my Spyder, I stumbled upon information about the Sturgis Trike Kit for the Gold Wing GL1800. (I still have my Honda) I MAY have gone for that instead of the Spyder. Problem is they are not known around here. I have never seen one, talked to anyone who has one or knows anything about them except from their web site. They do look interesting. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I rode a R18 back in 2013 at a GW event in State College PA...I was ready to pull the trigger on one and BRP came out with the 1330...If you go with the R18 be sure to get the "easy steer" option...The last I heard the R18 kit was not available with Honda's DCT...If & when it is available with the DCT I would say it would be the perfect reverse trike...There are several around the central PA area, and all bullet prof...larryd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Deleted

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a dollar want to sell it to me

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    I rode a R18 back in 2013 at a GW event in State College PA...I was ready to pull the trigger on one and BRP came out with the 1330...If you go with the R18 be sure to get the "easy steer" option...The last I heard the R18 kit was not available with Honda's DCT...If & when it is available with the DCT I would say it would be the perfect reverse trike...There are several around the central PA area, and all bullet prof...larryd
    I'm somewhat familiar with that KIT …. I'm confused as to why that transmission would have anything to do with the front end conversion ….. They are not related parts !!!! ……………..jmho …. Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Coolant cap issue

I have tried to remove mine to check the fluid …. I gave up after 15 minutes ….. there have been various Failures with the coolant tank ( itself ) and hose connections ….. Never heard that a CAP broke ….. If the cap was ever re-moved, getting it back on " correctly " would be the issue …… jmho …. Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

I, too, can't understand why the DCT would have anything to do with this conversion. That aside, my Gold Wing does not have ABS (or DCT). What it does have is a little over 100K miles and my FULL confidence. I have had 3 Gold Wings over the last 25+ years and have never been stranded or unable to ride at any time by any of them. Unlike my Spyder. As I write this, it sits disabled in the garage with a stuck thermostat, waiting for the dealer to come get, and the earliest date for that is May 30th. My warranty expires on June 17th and has been needed for repairs 3 times in the last 2 years. I also need to make a decision about the future of Spyder ownership. There is a lot about the Spyder that I really, really like. Having breakdowns that take a month or longer to resolve is not one of those likes.

I have been to American Bike and Trike. They do not stock any Sturgis kit stuff. It is all individually ordered. And, again, nobody to provide feedback about the Sturgis. No way to test ride. I can't even find any internet reviews so it would be a big gamble IMHO. Oh well, life goes on and tomorrow is another day..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    Sorry man that rely can ruin a trip ,and you never can trust the bike again .We are to go on a 5000 km trip east this June ,makes me nervous ,spyder is not a GoldWing . BTW just looked at my rear tire and it is almost done in the center at 10000km .
    ALL brands have failures. On our last group trip to Spyders on the Bayou, it was the Goldwing in the group that went home on the flatbed.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    Hi Ha.... news from the Can Am... Radiator cap (somewhere under 2 acres of plastic was leaking and therefore no water pressure in the system+loss of coolant= overheating! Does that mean I am stuck with my Spyder or can I sell it "perfect, just out of a tune up"? BTW... how is this possible to find without taking 2 acres of Tupperware? How do you even check the water level EASILY on the RT (thinking of replacing the "rivet" by a Dzuz...).

Canjhb: close to you: https://www.americanbikeandtrike.com...s-motoren.html

Larryd: I am not crazy about the Honda DST (maybe 'cause I never rode one), I was thinking, before, this dreaded weekend to sell one of my sidecar and replace it by a new one with a Honda F6B for tug and found tons of trail changing options which should be good for a R18!
    Must admit I like the "tilting" TMW option too... https://www.americanbikeandtrike.com...tor-works.html
    Checking coolant on the RT is very simple. Remove the service panel held on by one fastner and shine a flashlight up from under the wheel well. You can see the fluid level in the bottle. Its one of the check points for every service interval.

Sorry to hear of your troubles on the road.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Deleted

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The DCT is only available on the NEW REDESIGNED GW...As far as I know the Sturges R18 kit is not offered for the NEW GW platform yet...I for one would not want to go back to a clutch and manual transmission after being spoiled by my SE6 RTS...larryd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Checking coolant on the RT is very simple. Remove the service panel held on by one fastner and shine a flashlight up from under the wheel well. You can see the fluid level in the bottle. Its one of the check points for every service interval.

Sorry to hear of your troubles on the road.
    Deleted

Spyder Garage

What a horror story. I hope something good comes of this.
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Default Push Pin Rivet...

For those having trouble removing the RIVET, take a look at this tool. It's designed to remove those rivets.
    https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Push-Pin-...gateway&sr=8-3
    RIVET TOOL.jpg

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I’m sorry you went through all of that. There were three ladies from CA on their way to Spyderfest and one of them had a similar problem, we were able to show them how to fix it via a FaceTime phone call.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

The plastic rivet, pull the center out of a previously used rivet and simply slip the rivet body into the hole. Do not install the rivet center, the panel will remain in place without issue.