Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sticker Shock!

Spyder Garage

Ammo cans as saddle bags are a great option.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ibified View Post
    Ammo cans as saddle bags are a great option.
    With the optional "rifle scabbard"-------------------no doubt!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Got the Shad saddle bags installed today! I suppose Denman is right though..................I'll just keep accumulating junk till they're over flowing!

One thing I was not happy about is the deletion of the stock F3 S passenger grab rails. Looking at the left over stock parts and the new Shad mounting bars; I'm inliined to think you could create a hybrid/home made work around; to have the bags WHILE retaining the stock grab rails.

Have any of you done this? If so; how about some pics of your mounts, and a description of what you did, and how you did it (or a link to a previous thread)? TY!

If not----oh well! Time for another FLanker Original Products (FLOP) effort!

Oh yea.......................FINALLY got the Elka Stage 2 R shock installed (Cripes! I should change my handle to Slacker!). Neither the preload, or rebound damping are dialed in to my liking yet, but at least they're there [Thanks for the crap stock shock, BRP! ]---looks like seat of the pants testing for the next couple of weeks!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Got the Shad saddle bags installed today! I suppose Denman is right though..................I'll just keep accumulating junk till their over flowing!

One thing I was not happy about is the deletion of the stock F3 S passenger grab rails. Looking at the left over stock parts and the new Shad mounting bars; I'm inliined to think you could create a hybrid/home made work around; to have the bags WHILE retaining the stock grab rails.

Have any of you done this? If so; how about some pics of your mounts, and a description of what you did, and how you did it (or a link to a previous thread)? TY!

Oh yea.......................FINALLY got the Elka Stage 2 R shock installed (Cripes! I should change my handle to Slacker!). Neither the preload, or rebound damping are dialed in to my liking yet, but at least they're there [Thanks for the crap stock shock, BRP! ]---looks like seat of the pants testing for the next couple of weeks!
    You don't have remove grab rails, they are designed to be mounted without removing anything.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Got the Shad saddle bags installed today! I suppose Denman is right though..................I'll just keep accumulating junk till their over flowing!

The Shad bags mount and keep the factory passenger grab rails. I have them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

You are both correct! I misread the instruction sheet. No wonder the grab rails look as if they "could" fit on with the bag rail mounts! DUH!!! TY!

Spyder Garage

LOL. I just mounted mine last weekend and misreading the directions was my number one thing. It ended up making my install go from about an hour to 3 hours. You could check out my video as a how it looks when it was done with both the rails.

"Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Believe me when I tell you I've dealt with people who would steal something for no other reason that knowing how ticked off the owner is going to be. They delight in this conduct.
    40 years ago, I left my helmet attached to my bike just my the strap loop. When I came back, someone had stolen my helmet by cutting the strap. I was "lucky" we had no helmet laws in Canada at the time so I could ride back home without an helmet. I never leave my helmet on my bike. I have an F3L so I have storage. If all cases are full, I carry my helmet with me.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have an RT Ltd. When we travel,we had nowhere to store our helmets with all the luggage filling the nooks and cranies.

I bought two rubber coated key lockable pushbike antitheft straps - like these https://www.bunnings.com.au/syneco-1...-lock_p4220017

We hook them through the pillion hand grips at the rear and through the face of the helmet.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    I have an RT Ltd. When we travel,we had nowhere to store our helmets with all the luggage filling the nooks and cranies.

I bought two rubber coated key lockable pushbike antitheft straps - like these https://www.bunnings.com.au/syneco-1...-lock_p4220017

We hook them through the pillion hand grips at the rear and through the face of the helmet.
    Dang! Good alternative and a great price!

Spyder Garage

For any OCD's out there that dont like white reflectors you can order red ones from europe for about $20 a pair

20190605_220849.jpg
    20190605_221648.jpg
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

I've hit upon a definitive old school solution to the issue of potential helmet theft and/or securing my helmet. The good news is he works for whiskey and cat treats! The bad news is; the 249 set me back $20,000.00, and if AK has had more than a couple of drinks; he likes to fight, and is not very target discriminatory. If you see my Spyder parked anywhere; with AK on duty; please give them a WIDE birth!!

Spyder Garage

https://www.cyclegear.com/_a/product...le_750x750.jpghelmet_lok_ii_helmet_lockwith_cable_750x750.jpg

I use this. Got it when it was on sale. Just lock the helmets to the passenger handrails and leave on the seat. It's just enough security that it's obvious to a potential thief that they're not gonna walk away with your helmets without a fight, and all the attendant attention it would cause. Especially with the Spyder, since it screams "look at me!"