Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Tslepebull, the knobs are the screws that hold the red trim piece to the top of the hood. There are five (I think) of them. The red you see in my picture is that trim piece showing thru a hole in the hood.

For those who are interested in the final solution to the broken hood piece, this is what I did. First, I made a rough pattern of the broken-off piece using the intact clip on the opposite side of the hood. Then I used Tinkercad (https://www.tinkercad.com/) to construct the *.stl file for the missing piece. Next, I used Repetier-Host with my Anet A8 3D printer to manufacture a close replica of the broken piece out of PLA. Because the break was not smooth, I used gel superglue (Loctite) to secure the new piece in place, and finally used loaded epoxy (JB Weld, in this case) to firmly secure the bottom and edges of the new piece. A small amount of filing/sanding resulted in a pretty nice fit, and all four corners of the hood are now held down.

Thanks to all of you who replied.

BS

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ravensrest View Post
    Tslepebull, the knobs are the screws that hold the red trim piece to the top of the hood. There are five (I think) of them. The red you see in my picture is that trim piece showing thru a hole in the hood.

For those who are interested in the final solution to the broken hood piece, this is what I did. First, I made a rough pattern of the broken-off piece using the intact clip on the opposite side of the hood. Then I used Tinkercad (https://www.tinkercad.com/) to construct the *.stl file for the missing piece. Next, I used Repetier-Host with my Anet A8 3D printer to manufacture a close replica of the broken piece out of PLA. Because the break was not smooth, I used gel superglue (Loctite) to secure the new piece in place, and finally used loaded epoxy (JB Weld, in this case) to firmly secure the bottom and edges of the new piece. A small amount of filing/sanding resulted in a pretty nice fit, and all four corners of the hood are now held down.

Thanks to all of you who replied.

BS
    Thank you for the final info and glad to hear that you fixed it ( better than new ) .... on my first to post to you - it was more for the average DIY'er to use common repair items ..... you have access to waaaaaaaay more sophisticated repairs .... and that's great .... Mike