Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RunSharon View Post
    I have a 2013 ST Limited that I want to tow from FL to WV. I'm looking for a trailer, not too costly but one that I know my Spyder will travel safely on through the mountains of NC, Va and WV. I know nothing about hauling my Spyder so your help and advise is greatly appreciated. I have a Jeep Cherokee that will be pulling the trailer. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    I bought a 5 x 10 utility trailer with a dove tail. This allows me to put the spyder right on the trailer. I use 2 6ft 2x8 for front wheels so that the front end starts raising before the nose hits. I put them about 1\2 way up the ramp. I have found these trailers around $600. $1200 new. Hope this helps

Spyder Garage

I picked up a 6x10 aluminum trailer this spring. Paid $1400 for it, but it'll do everything I'll need a trailer for, and won't rust, and is lighter than steel is. Might have to use it for Spyderfest if mother nature keeps this crap up.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I borrowed a 6x10 alum a craft my friend has and it hauled great. It had a drop down tailgate but not long enough so I used a couple of car ramps to extend it and used a 2x12 for the center wheel to get it on. Worked out well and if you find a good used one for sale you can always have an extension added to the gate.

As for Uhaul I looked into those and what they have are not wide enough in the back inside the posts to get the Spyder through.

Spyder Garage

I would personally recommend an enclosed trailer for many reasons. 6 X 12-14. Theft, Road grime and debris. You can also use it for a garage for the Spyder and keep a light bulb inside for moisture and heat in the winter. For $1000 more the benefits are endless.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfan64 View Post
    I bought a 5 x 10 utility trailer with a dove tail. This allows me to put the spyder right on the trailer. I use 2 6ft 2x8 for front wheels so that the front end starts raising before the nose hits. I put them about 1\2 way up the ramp. I have found these trailers around $600. $1200 new. Hope this helps
    5 x 10......5 ft. wide = 60 inches ....an RT can't fit and it's almost impossible for a GS/RS...........Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Tailer

I picked up a used 5X8 flatbed. Moved the tiedown points. Then then cut a 1X6 at a 45° angle with a 2X4 on top for a 4in tall stop. 3 ratchet straps run through a 1.5in radiator hose about a foot long to protect the straps and wheels. 3 ramps from Lowe's. Total cost $550.00. Been to Iowa once, Kansas another time. Total miles so far 1200+.
    Last edited by Questions; 04-10-2016 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Mis-spelling.

Spyder Garage

I utilize a 6X10 utility trailer with a drop gate which works great. Plenty of room and loading & unloading is a breeze.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You!

For all the great ideas and suggestions, I am appreciative!

Sharon

Spyder Garage

Legend makes a good covered trailer.