Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    My dess code comes on most of the time I start it. It is not near another key,no high power lines near,both keys do the same thing. I don't dare to stop it away from home.TOTALLY frustrated. I am about ready to cut and run,,,,,,.
    Believe me when I say I understand what you are going through. I just drove over 250 miles today without turning off the Spyder (including one fuel stop) to drop it off at my dealer. The owners of my dealership were with us yesterday on our group ride when mine would not start due to the DESS malfunction. Once it started after about an hour of everyone including the shop owner trying to get it started. We tried the 4 to 5 key off and ons, disconnecting the battery, the spare key, and more? I think it finally came down to length of sit time. I left the group and drove to the hotel, but first I stopped (without shutting it off) to top off the tank.

There was a group cheer when mine started this morning.

I trust that they will get it fixed and I still will take it on all my planned trips, but it sure would be nice if I can trust that it will start every time.

If you have not contacted your dealer about this - you should, and tell them that BRP is recommending your DESS module be replaced with the current updated one.

Les
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-21-2024 at 04:26 PM.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue