Spyder Garage

Default Ryker pricing in the middle of winter

I tried to grab a deal on a Ryker in November. I figured I’d find a great deal as why would the dealer want to store a bike all winter only to struggle to sell a 1 year old model in the spring. I found $0 discount anywhere other than the can am -$1000 rebate on 2020s. I decided to try again this week. I was able to find -$400 off in addition to the -$1000 rebate now. -$0 off off on a 2021. I just find this odd. It appears they sell these at full price only. Take it or leave it. Is this the case?

Past couple years Ive gotten -$15,500 off on my Ford Expedition. , $-500 off a Honda atv, -$750 off a Polaris atv, $750 off a bay liner boat. And -$0 off I guess on a Ryker

I can afford it. I just find it odd and don’t want to over pay. Business is so slow in February for everything. Seems like all can am dealers stick together on price

Spyder Garage

Yeah, right now demand on these are strong. When I purchased my 2020 Rally in July, the dealer had at least a dozen total (3 or 4 of each model, a display of each on the sales floor, and the rest in crates), a few days later they had all sold. Salesman told me that they sell them as fast as they get them. Its the same with boats, ATV,s UTV, Campers & RV's. They all have one thing in common. They get you outdoors and social distancing is driving the sales. People are using them to get out and away from people.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Then why are there 1-2 2019s and a few 2020s out there. I found a 2020 in minutes of looking in the Midwest.

Not saying your wrong. I dunno.

Don’t see 2019 chevys sitting on car lots unsold.

I’m thinking it’s more about dealers sticking together to hold the high prices. Or maybe there isn’t much profit in them ?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huggytree View Post
    Then why are there 1-2 2019s and a few 2020s out there. I found a 2020 in minutes of looking in the Midwest.

I’m thinking it’s more about dealers sticking together to hold the high prices. Or maybe there isn’t much profit in them ?
    I think " profit margin " plays a big part ... amount of production is another ..... back in 14 I decided the new 1330 RT was going to way better for me ( I owned a few Gold Wings ) .... I was able to get $4,000.00 off the MSRP ( in APRIL, beginning of riding season ) and no charges for prep or shipping ..... popularity is also a factor ...... try IMotorsports a Sponsor/ vendor here ...... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I’ve also asked 2 dealers to send me a copy of the charges/invoice. Neither one did. I want to see what all the charges are. All the additional charges have been vague from them. On a rally one said $13.5 and then corrected it to $12.5 in the next email when I questioned their pricing. As a small business owner myself I’m sure I’m being blown off as I’m questioning their pricing.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I first checked on my 2016 F3T in February 2017. At that time, they had them priced $2500 below sticker. I was really tempted, even went so far as to get a trade in price on my 2012 RSS. Then in April (2 months later), they had the same model $5500 off the sticker. I called and asked if they would still honor the trade in price that was quoted on my 2012 RSS 2 months earlier. They said yes. The next day, I went to the bank and transferred the money and they started assembling the bike and gave me a delivery date. Called 2 days earlier and said they would not have it ready. I said, OK, but my trade in will have an additional 1500-2000 more miles on it because we were heading out to Pigeon Forge on a bike vacation. He asked to call me back in 30 minutes. He said, "what if we meet you there and make the trade in Pigeon Forge?". That is what happened, and I couldn't have been happier. This was with IMotorsports.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

In my area, I dont see a lot. some low mileage 2020 demo models that no one wants because demo models get beat & rough treatment. The ones on Cycle trader are not even discounted, or discounted very little. I work part time at Bass Pro Shops in boating, marine ATV's/UTV sales. The company had sales increases in 2020 by 75% to 100% on all recreational vehicles, boats, ATV's & UTV's. On Jon boats alone, there was a 5 month waiting list because the manufacturer couldnt and still cant keep up with demand, we will be out of stock until June. Same with Pontoon boats, bass boats & center console Mako boats, we cant get them fast enough. We normally have 15 to 25 used trade in boats on the lot for sale, we havent had any in the last six months because people are keeping & using them. When we do get one every now & then, its usually sold within the next day or so.

Its the exact same thing with ATV"s & UTV"s, actually even worse. Most are pre-sold before they even arrive at the store. I'm a motorcycle guy, I usually have 3 or 4 in the stable, so I'm in pretty regular contact with the dealers for parts or service or just looking. They were expecting the worse for 2020, turned out to be the best year many of them have had in years.

Same with RV's & campers. I've been looking for a 25 to 26' Toy hauler over the last year, visiting a couple of local dealers, monitoring the online RV trader, Facebook Marketplace & Craigslist & even contacting dealers in other parts of the state. Prices have gone through the roof on them since I've started looking. If I want one now, I'll be paying a premium price because of demand. Dealers are telling me they cant get them fast enough. National parks are experiencing record attendance numbers, some even closing due to over crowding. Campground and cabin rentals full up.

All the signs are there.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If a dealer thinks they can get a million bucks for an item (whether it's a Ryker, a fridge or a widget), that's what they'll sell it for. If they have something they can't get moving, they'll discount it. Some brands (i.e. Bentley, some Cadillacs, etc) have strict pricing. The dealer MUST sell it for $XXX or can only go a certain % off of that. I don't think BuRP cares as they've sold the unit to the dealer and have their money. At that point, they don't care if the dealer gives it away.

Spyder Garage

Out here in AZ and Nevada all were the same price but the extra fees for assembly and paperwork were highest at the Ride Now Powersports was considerably higher than Nash Poweresports.
    In November I purchased a 2020 900 Ace that Nash was getting back from Team Arizona (This is the motorcycle Training and licensing company out here. I knew these bike had not been driven hard. Mine had 174 miles on it and I was able to get it financed as new. My warranty expires a bit earlier but I have seen on the forum that there are some very good prices available at certain dealerships for the BEST Warranty.

As for the 174 miles - it wasn’t t even broken in yet.

Think outside the box. There are deals out there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvclarke View Post
    In November I purchased a 2020 900 Ace that Nash was getting back from Team Arizona (This is the motorcycle Training and licensing company out here. I knew these bike had not been driven hard. Mine had 174 miles on it and I was able to get it financed as new. My warranty expires a bit earlier but I have seen on the forum that there are some very good prices available at certain dealerships for the BEST Warranty.

As for the 174 miles - it wasn’t t even broken in yet.

Think outside the box. There are deals out there.
    My 1st RT was a 2018 RTL holdover. It was part of a similar training program. It had 380 miles on it (break in is 600 miles) and I financed it as new, too. Since the original warranty had almost expired, the dealer threw in a 3 year BEST warranty. Those deals can definitely be found if you look hard enough and don't mind waiting. Obviously, finding a deal like that this time of year is less likely but still possible. (I bought mine about a year ago, in the middle of winter (or what NC calls winter).)

Spyder Garage

Ok found a deal locally.

$11,499
    -$500
    $500 freight
    $249 prep
    $186.50 document fee

$11,934.50 plus tax.

Free delivery too.

Any issues with the extra charges?
    Dunno what’s normal

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hate those add-on fees. I want the bottom dollar price, not the bottom dollar price plus fees. To me those
    are part and parcel of doing business. It's like Best Buy charging you to unbox the tv, and charging you to
    ring up the sale. Paying for the privilege of paying for a product. Such a deal.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Ok found a deal locally.

$11,499
    -$500
    $500 freight
    $249 prep
    $186.50 document fee

$11,934.50 plus tax.

Free delivery too.

Any issues with the extra charges?
    Dunno what’s normal
    Freight, prep, doc fees are always negotiable for me. Note how the $500 discount off price came right back with Frieght. Caveat Emptor.

Note: it has been noticible that Ryker is a more difficult version to get a good, great, deal on. Lower prices, lower margins, not so many accessories to play with....a little harder to make it all work.

I have done well on regular Spyders, but have never owned, test driven, or tried to deal on a Ryker.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-19-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Found a deal 200 miles away today. 2020 left over $10,175 all in plus tax.

They won’t deliver for free though. I would have signed if they did

I think I need to stop looking for a couple months. Here in WI I’m 2 months away from
    Riding weather anyways.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like you are being a bit of Penny Wise and Pound Foolish..................
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Yup .. You're paying an employee for 9 hours loading/travel/unloading time + fuel. I'd try to work that out...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Haven’t given up on the deal yet. Got some pics of the bike. It’s been sitting in a showroom for 1/2 a year being sat on daily. So I know it’s not going to be a pristine example. Pics show scuffs. I’d prefer a 21 fresh out of the box for more $

We will see today if they will deliver for that price. Or if that price has some scam/ bait and switch on it. I have no bill of sale yet to see the final numbers. I’ve got 0 trust for any dealership

I know it’s a good deal.

Spyder Garage

As far as fees, it depends on who you're buying from. Some may negotiate waiving the freight or the prep fee, others won't. Some just include it in the pricing(as it should be) instead of tacking it on after the fact.
    Delivery isn't a free service for most. Try finding a service to transport the ryker from dealer to you and you'll see how much folks charge.
    Regarding dealers working in collaboration to fix pricing...that may be partially true. However, supply and demand is always a driving force.
    Locally, I would have paid close to MSRP for my 2020 RT(sans the BRP promo) when I purchased in December. I shopped around and found a much better deal from a dealer out of state.
    As a matter of fact, the dealer here priced a 2018 RT Limited for more than the base 2020 RT I purchased. The '18 wasn't a low mileage spyder either.
    It had at least 15K miles on it. Once I told them I found a 2020 base RT for less than the '18, they didn't try to negotiate or counter or add any type of incentive to purchase from them. So, either they thought I was lying or they had their minds set on a price and wasn't willing to budge.
    Long story short, do your due diligence. You can find a deal. You may have to wait a little longer though. However, since you mentioned $ isn't an issue for you, you may consider going with a good deal over a great deal.
    The dealerships are in this to make as much $ possible, you're trying to save as much possible. Find a fair to good deal and you'll still be satisfied. Finding a deal where you can a get new pristine Ryker rally for the price of a base ryker may not be easy to come by anytime soon.
    Either way, when you find the 1 for you, you'll pull the trigger. When you do, have fun and ryde safely.

Spyder Garage

Asked them to write the deal on paper and they raised the price $425 and said no shipping

I called a few local dealers again. Got a 21 for $11,499 with no extra charges. Free delivery. Not even going into the dealer. Sending them a check and they will deliver

Sadly full price is a decent deal. Had a choice of yellow,orange or black. I chose black. Gonna toss a custom grill insert on it to make it mine.

Spyder Garage

Last week i talked to my local dealer. He just received 7 RT/RT LTD. He may get more in July. He was not sure. Out of the 7, he had two sold. As mentioned above, my local dealer cannot get any, and what he does receive sells very quickly. No deals. Bruce

Spyder Garage

I was able to snag a 2020 leftover 600 with windshield, passenger seat, folding backrest, 2up spring, extreme panels, max mount, 3 year BEST warranty for $8,700 + tax and tags. basically they charged me $300 prep and threw in all the accessories including whatever time they spent on the install. I was quite satisfied with it.

2021 Sea to Sky
    2020 600 , gloss black