Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Probably has something to do with that buttugly bag hanging off the right side. ��

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Probably has something to do with that buttugly bag hanging off the right side. ��
    Not saying that there might be another issue, but. That is closer to reality than you think. If that bag is loaded heavy, it will take weight off the left side of the tire. The tread will scrub on the opposite side of the lean of the bike. Same thing happens with a truck with dual wheels if the tires are not matched diameter, the smaller tire will scrub off the tread faster. So keep your load as equal on both sides.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    Not saying that there might be another issue, but. That is closer to reality than you think. If that bag is loaded heavy, it will take weight off the left side of the tire. The tread will scrub on the opposite side of the lean of the bike. Same thing happens with a truck with dual wheels if the tires are not matched diameter, the smaller tire will scrub off the tread faster. So keep your load as equal on both sides.
    I seldom have anything in the side case. I use it for helmet storage when I park it.

Wouldn't more weight of the right side cause more wear on the right side of the tire? I'm not an engineer so I'm probably missing the logic. lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I seldom have anything in the side case. I use it for helmet storage when I park it.

Wouldn't more weight of the right side cause more wear on the right side of the tire? I'm not an engineer so I'm probably missing the logic. lol
    The increased or uneven wear wold be insignificant, even if you could suspend a passenger on one side of the rear of the bike, since the weight is transferred to the centre point between the two front wheels. The rear wheel "pivots" to the left or the right around this centre point.

In other words, if you had the bike loaded so unevenly that it affected wear on the back tyre the front suspension would also have to be compressed more on one side. This lean would be obvious, looking from either the front or the back.

One possible explanation is that you are accelerating more around right hand corners, which will lean the bike out to the left and wear the outside left edge.

Another possibility is that there is something rubbing on the tyre on the left side. A close-up of the tyre and its tread would be good.
    Aprilia Mana 850GT, 1988 BMW K75S, Piaggio MP3 400 (sold), Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 (modified), Puch (Sears Allstate SR175), 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid