Spyder Garage

Default Service/Shop Manuals

I’ve seen a thread that indicates a download of the service manual is available for purchase. Have any of the Ryker owners purchased this and does the download include wiring diagrams and good exploded drawings?

I plan to have emergency service and most scheduled maintenance done by the dealer. But I might want to add additional lighting, or have useful exploded views of panel removal, fastener sizes, and other simple things that could be useful for modifications.

Curious as to what others think about the manual.

Spyder Garage

KyBill,

Even though I'm an RT guy, I used this set of manuals. It's in searchable PDF form, very nice manual and the guy who offers them is very customer oriented. Ryker is all the way at the bottom.

https://canammanuals.com/can-am-spyder-manual.htm

For $25, what's not to love. My last OEM book type service manual was around $150. As far as my RT is concerned, it's well worth the price. There are some gaps, but I think the gaps actually come from the Can Am source.

I was taking off my panels for the first time, my OEM operators manual said to remove the bottom 2 screws from the panel I was working on. After about 15 minutes of hunting screws, I went to the Youtube videos, and wouldn't you know it, the Can Am manual was wrong! No screws at the bottom.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Guess I’ll give them a try. I think you are right, I paid a lot more than $25 for my HD manuals from the dealer.

Wish they could download direct to ipad, I can download to laptop but my desktop has all of my itunes data and isn’t setup at the moment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    Guess I’ll give them a try. I think you are right, I paid a lot more than $25 for my HD manuals from the dealer.

Wish they could download direct to ipad, I can download to laptop but my desktop has all of my itunes data and isn’t setup at the moment.
    Download then send it to yourself and open it on the iPad. Then you can save it to files.

Spyder Garage

I'm not affiliated with this guy, but when I found an error in my manual they corrected it and sent me another download sheet in a very quick manner. Pretty straight up guy. I believe you can download from the link they email you for 7 days (if I remember correctly) and then the download link expires. It downloads as a searchable pdf, but it's locked up tighter than Fort Knox due to folks ripping him off. I can't even copy and paste images to the forum without doing a screenshot. So far it has down me a lot of good as I am brand new to Spyders.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I have the pdf F3 Shop Manuals. Once you get them downloaded, you can put them on anything you want to. I got one on my laptop and another copy on my cell phone. The manuals are fairly complete. They don't have it all in one place, but you can find the torque values in the chart. Worth the price for sure.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I did download the Ryker version of the shop manual for the 600/900/900Rally. Possibly a bit more cryptic than other MC shop manuals I have used but they contain quite a bit of information. One of the included links to the BRP parts catalog was not working so I messaged tech support. I received fast response to my inquiry and a new link to directly access the Can Am parts tool. Very worthwhile purchase!
    Last edited by KyBill; 05-22-2019 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Sp

Spyder Garage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-CanAm-...gAAOSwkR9ckC5i ........ I have this one..... Without having to use electronics and get them dirty while I'm working on the Ryker.. Printed Hard Copy.....
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I bought it; have seen better manuals but I've muddled through it and it is OK. I wanted the wiring diagram and it has good ones. I stumbled across a section called BODY with good break down of the panels and connectors. But it is not listed as a section of the book and I'm not sure how to find it again! That seems to be the downside to this book, poor index.

Spyder Garage

It is searchable. Now not everything is a valid search term so if you search for things using a term that is different than the index you’ll be referred to google or wikopedia.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    I bought it; have seen better manuals but I've muddled through it and it is OK. I wanted the wiring diagram and it has good ones. I stumbled across a section called BODY with good break down of the panels and connectors. But it is not listed as a section of the book and I'm not sure how to find it again! That seems to be the downside to this book, poor index.
    McRuss if you hit the arrows on the left side of the index it shows all the sub-categories in that chapter. The body section is under Chassis & Drive System along with seven other categories. If the arrow is pointing sideways there are hidden categories/chapters. Pointing down all of the categories/chapters in that listing is showing.

I hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post

https://canammanuals.com/can-am-spyder-manual.htm

For $25, what's not to love. My last OEM book type service manual was around $150.
    What he said ! ! ! Got the download for my 2019 F3 - couldn't be happier. Well worth $25
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

On these manuals, would you recommend getting the year for your specific model, or the latest one? For me, would I get a 2014 manual, or the 2019? I've heard reports of outdated info in the older manuals tht's corrected in the newer.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-CanAm-...4383.l4275.c10
    I got the Green manual on a nice USB thumb drive attached to a credit card size piece of plastic. $25

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    On these manuals, would you recommend getting the year for your specific model, or the latest one? For me, would I get a 2014 manual, or the 2019? I've heard reports of outdated info in the older manuals tht's corrected in the newer.
    I would say get the one for your specific year. I have one for both 2013 & 2014 RT and the manuals are different. A current manual doesn't cover previous model years in the areas that have changed. For example, the 2014 has nothing about the 2013 998 engine in it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I got the Green manual on a nice USB thumb drive attached to a credit card size piece of plastic. $25
    Me too, I am glad there options that don't break the bank.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
    Me too, I am glad there options that don't break the bank.
    I just ordered that one also.