Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know, did the R35 change in the last few years?

I'm watching some auctions with Part Number 219400127. It appears the current 2009-2012 model is listed everywhere as 219400301.

I'm wondering if they are identical... I could imagine a scenario where all they did was update documentation to include a new model year and had to change the part number because of it...

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    Does anyone know, did the R35 change in the last few years?

I'm watching some auctions with Part Number 219400127. It appears the current 2009-2012 model is listed everywhere as 219400301.

I'm wondering if they are identical... I could imagine a scenario where all they did was update documentation to include a new model year and had to change the part number because of it...
    If what you are watching is for the 2013 or the ST, they are different than the earlier ones...same bags, different mounts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    If what you are watching is for the 2013 or the ST, they are different than the earlier ones...same bags, different mounts.

The number was different completely... Neither the current RS or 2013 RS/ST versions.
    I called the store up, they said it was the 2009 model year, but that they should fit the 2012.
    Is this true? Or do the 2012 units include something to make them work on the 2009?

Maybe its as simple as the older ones said GS and the newer ones had a new model because of new packaging and instructions saying RS?

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

The number was different completely... Neither the current RS or 2013 RS/ST versions.
    I called the store up, they said it was the 2009 model year, but that they should fit the 2012.
    Is this true? Or do the 2012 units include something to make them work on the 2009?

Maybe its as simple as the older ones said GS and the newer ones had a new model because of new packaging and instructions saying RS?
    The 2008 to 2012 GS and RS are the same and the bags for anything in that range should fit just fine. You are probably right about the GS designation being the difference in part numbers...or they made some other minor change. Nancy has the earliest version on her 2008.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Anyone ever figure this out? Im trying to figure out which kit to order. Ive seen pictures of the kits that have the large turn signal stalks up high, but apparently there are some that mount the turn signals down low off of the rear fender? Just ordered the sport fender and need to make sure I dont end up with the kit that mounts on the old fender.

Also, if i end up getting rid of the turn signals all together using the custom dynamics triple play, can i get rid of the turn signal stalks or are they necssary for the racks to function properly?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msj4848 View Post
    Anyone ever figure this out? Im trying to figure out which kit to order. Ive seen pictures of the kits that have the large turn signal stalks up high, but apparently there are some that mount the turn signals down low off of the rear fender? Just ordered the sport fender and need to make sure I dont end up with the kit that mounts on the old fender.

Also, if i end up getting rid of the turn signals all together using the custom dynamics triple play, can i get rid of the turn signal stalks or are they necssary for the racks to function properly?
    The Givi mounting bracket is bolted on and the turn signals are mounted to the fender. The BRP mounting bracket has quick release quarter turn hardware and the turn signal stocks are extended up.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The Givi mounting bracket is bolted on and the turn signals are mounted to the fender. The BRP mounting bracket has quick release quarter turn hardware and the turn signal stocks are extended up.
    Are the brp signal stalks removable and/or required for the racks to function?

Spyder Garage

Required. The rack attachment point is actually part of the signal extender stalk.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The BRP rack stalks are a welded part of the rack so they would need to be cut off to remove them and bottom portion includes one of the fastening points but you could cut around that and remove the stalks but it would be a lot of work and then you would need to figure out how to attach your turn signals.