Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a Garmin Zumo 550 on my last bike and loved it. The problem became the garmin update maps didn't fit anymore. I now use the Zumo 660 and like it but I often have trouble getting preplanned routes uploaded from Basecamp and my Mac. I especially love the "get me home" feature when I ride just to get lost! I would love to have it mounted on my dash instead of the handlebar center but just havnt tackled it yet!
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I had a Garmin Zumo 550 on my last bike and loved it. The problem became the garmin update maps didn't fit anymore. I now use the Zumo 660 and like it but I often have trouble getting preplanned routes uploaded from Basecamp and my Mac. I especially love the "get me home" feature when I ride just to get lost! I would love to have it mounted on my dash instead of the handlebar center but just havnt tackled it yet!
    I just put a post up on how we mounted our Zumo 660 in the dash. Easy and Cheap.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ount-ax-X-Grip
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been doing some research on the subject myself.
    The Zumo's are just too expensive for something I don't really need most the time.
    However it is clear that you want a GPS that works with hands free and BT helmets (motorcycle capabilities).

There is a document on the Sena site that lists "known" GPS's that work with SMH10, etc in hands free mode.
    With that info I bought a used Garmin 775T which based on study does everything a ZUMO does (I think) plus more!
    Lifetime traffic, "safety camera signal" alerts, Lane assist with lane assist pictures (love that), and more.

I just tested the 775T with my SMH5 and my phone. It all works well together!
    It also has the needed jack to plug into the RT radio with the BRP cable.

Cost?
    Used on Ebay $84 bucks!

Now I am going to make my own GPS cable to the radio and get it all installed possibly this weekend.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a mount for my iPad Mini which puts it right along the mid-line of the dashboard so I don't have to look up and down to see it - it works great

some days I can use my iPhone - it just depends on the sun glare....