Thread: Go Pro

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I've been on the fence about a camera for a long time. How do the helmet mount(s) work with modular helmets like a Shoei Neotec? Would it get obstruct use of the latch lever. My son mounts his atop his helmet but that seems like a potential hassle getting it aimed correctly for your needs.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    How do the helmet mount(s) work with modular helmets like a Shoei Neotec? Would it get obstruct use of the latch lever. My son mounts his atop his helmet but that seems like a potential hassle getting it aimed correctly for your needs.
    We mount them on the side of the helmet free from the moving parts. As far as aiming? That will take some practice with trial and error.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

If you mount on the bike as opposed to the helmet, do you lock it away each time you leave? Seems like it might sprout legs....just wondering.

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CapnPete View Post
    If you mount on the bike as opposed to the helmet, do you lock it away each time you leave? Seems like it might sprout legs....just wondering.
    Regardless of mounted on the bike or your helmet, it's just a thumb screw that tightens the camera to the mount. So you always unscrew the camera and lock it inside the bike, even if you helmet lock your helmet to the bike and walk away. Anybody could walk up, unscrew the thumbscrew, and take your camera off the helmet or the bike mount.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I currently mount a GoPro 5 to the top of the dash on my RT using a Tric LED bracket and GoPro slide with swivel GoPro mount.

ppx7LLK9Q3i%1miuVPROqQ.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I've been on the fence about a camera for a long time. How do the helmet mount(s) work with modular helmets like a Shoei Neotec? Would it get obstruct use of the latch lever. My son mounts his atop his helmet but that seems like a potential hassle getting it aimed correctly for your needs.
    I mounted to the side of the helmet so that it didn't interfere with the front nose piece. I use a ION tubular shaped camera.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red